Ice fishing requires spending long hours in subzero temperatures and there is ice/water involved, so you need to find footwear that keeps your feet warm and dry.
So, “warm” and “dry” are the two most important words to remember when you’re searching for ice fishing boots.
Manufacturers have taken these two words into account, naturally, and make their boots so that your feet feel cozy and comfortable while you’re enjoying your hobby on the ice.
Some of this year’s best models are listed below.
The 5 Best Ice Fishing Boots
Keep Your Feet Dry
Thanks to the sealed seams and rubber shell, as well as the specific molding process through which these boots are made, the manufacturer guarantees that your feet will stay dry even in the harshest conditions.
They will keep you dry on the ice by combining the Arctic rubber shell with waterproof seams and a sealed nylon upper that couples with a leather bottom.
The calf strap is adjustable, featuring a compression strap, while the ankle strap uses a hook-and-loop closure.
Made For Balance And Comfort
This pair of ice fishing boots provides you with balance and comfort by using EVA midsoles and rubber soles. This model is definitely on the bucket list of ice fishermen for the warm comfort and waterproof feature.
Great Insulating Capacity
This boot is a true favorite among anglers, and is best known for its great insulation capacity. The Baffin Selkirk can keep you warm in extreme conditions by using the removable lining. It outsmarts traditional footwear by using a hybrid system.
Multi-Layer Inner Boot
The foam-based molding and Thermo Plush wicking fibers are cased in a seven-layer inner boot, so cozy and comfortable that it cannot be compared with that of any other model.
The materials used for the sole guarantee increased stability and flexibility. The polar rubber outsole gives great grip, while the EVA midsole adds comfort and flexibility.
Rated for -94 F, this gear makes extreme conditions manageable. Foot safety is enhanced by a locking collar with extendable gaiter and waterproof top.
2. Muck Boot Arctic Pro Camo
These boots are designed specially designed to meet the various footwear needs of professional fishermen and huntsmen.
The use of a special mold and flex foam construction material gives them the fit-stretch capacity that keeps the warm air in and the cold air out.
They offer nice protection from the cold and plenty of comfort. This pair stays a top choice for most ice-fishermen, so keep it in mind as a possible purchase.
True Heavy-Duty Boots
These boots are meant to withstand low temperatures during the winter by using a thermal foam underlay. For all their superb quality, these boots are a bit heavy. In addition, some anglers find their traction on ice unimpressive.
Fishing boot manufacturers have always been looking for ways to make their footwear more durable and provide the user with extra safety and comfort. So, these boots feature double reinforcement on the instep, the heel and the Achilles area.
Made For -60 F
This pair of boots is the piece of gear that was missing for the extreme cold weather you need to face when you go ice fishing.
As they are made for extreme temperatures and designed while having sportsmen in mind, this is just as desirable for hunters and fishermen.
These boots use a combination of rubber and fabric for improved performance. They have an 8-mm neoprene insulation and a fleece liner.
To withstand temperatures of -60 F, the designer has added 2 mm of thermal foam in the foot area.
Because it’s important to keep warm air in and cold air out, the binding around the calf has been modeled to be stretch-fit.
The Muck Boot Arctic Pro Combo ice fishing boots are 100% waterproof and easy to clean thanks to their seamless design. All you have to do is spray some water on them and wipe off all the dust or mud.
For a complete functionality, the boot is equipped with EVA midsole and a durable outsole that has been specially designed for walking on ice.
Thanks to the insulating material, you can use these boots in extreme conditions without feeling cold. They’re easy to put on and take off, which is a major advantage.
These boots may be perfect for long hours of fishing on ice, but they definitely aren’t your perfect driving shoes, meaning that you’ll probably have to change shoes in the car before stepping on the ice.
These boots are just too bulky for driving. Still, but the warmth and comfort they provide coupled with the anti-slip soles make them a great choice for ice-fishing fans.
Produced by a company that uses some of the top insulating materials in the industry, this pair of winter boots are capable of keeping your feet warm and comfortable in freezing weather and temperatures plummeting to -94 F.
It may be unlikely to experience such extreme temperatures while you’re ice fishing, but it’s probable that you will need boots that keep your feet warm while you’re sitting still on the ice for hours on end.
Multi-D Ring-Lace Fastening
Although features of this model are similar to the Baffin Selkirk Snow including the multi-layer inner boot system, the Arctic rubber shell, EVA midsoles and polar rubber outsoles that follow the same line, there are some differences.
The Baffin Control Max has a different type of closure, using multi-D ring lace fastening. It doesn’t have the same ease of use, but it does offer more flexibility and a tighter fit.
When using this model, you can be sure you’ll never fall on the ice and break anything, because it features a full traction sole that has a solid grip.
The removable liner is more efficient thanks to the top cinch that keeps the inside of the boot sealed and prevents body warmth from getting out.
Slide into 10″ of comfort after skiing, to feed your stock, or for a quick trip to the nearby iced lake or river. These Bobcat boots slip on and off with ease thanks to their durable heavy-duty zippers.
You’ll never get your feet wet, as this model also features waterproof 4-way stretch neoprene expansion panels that are sewn into the heavy-duty oil tanned leather uppers.
Designed With Warmth In Mind
You’ll stay warm down to zero degrees with the quilted three-layer liners made with a wicking synthetic layer, and 400 grams of Thinsulate Ultra Insulation, as well as 3mm of wool felt. This model is designed for warmth without being bulky.
The liners are sewn in at the back of the boot to allow super easy on and off with just of one hand. The self-cleaning Tractor Tread outsoles are lightweight and quite durable.
Fully Weather Resistant
Rugged terrain and severe weather can make fishing on ice brutal, but even the toughest of expeditions can become more enjoyable if you take good care of your feet.
At Kenetrek, they make their boots “for the trail less traveled,” by pushing each of their products through a rigorous test phase that proves its top quality.
They know you will find total satisfaction with their products, because they already have put them to the ultimate test.
This is a leather boot with synthetic, lugged sole for great traction and GORE-TEX lining. This model is marketed as a lace-up leather hunting boot, but it’s also waterproof, so it should serve you well when you go ice fishing thanks to its supreme Thinsulate Ultra insulation.
This is a truly versatile boot, because it is equally suitable for hikers, fishermen, and hunters. These boots are very comfortable and are available in an extra-wide version, so you can wear heavier socks with them.
You’ll find they’re very comfortable for casual wear either. You get plenty of support for your ankle with their steel shank and 12-inch height.
Irish Setter exclusive scent control process is added to various materials from leathers to linings to footbeds, killing bacteria that cause foot odors.
Let Your Feet Breathe With Gore-Tex
These boots are fitted with a GORE-TEX membrane that blocks moisture from the outside, while allowing moisture inside to evaporate.
What makes GORE-TEX unique is its porous texture – it has over 9 billion pores per square inch that prevent water from getting to your feet while allowing sweat vapor to pass right through, keeping your feet dry and comfortable in all conditions.
Other Best Selling Options
- 8 mm neoprene provides comfort and flexibility, along with excellent waterproofing, shock absorption and heat retention properties; adjusts to your foot shape to resist blisters and chafing
- Soft fleece lining and 2 mm thermal foam under footbed enhances comfort, provides superior warmth, and is durable for long cold treks; comfort rated from -60 °F to 30 °F (-50 °C to -1 °C)
- Comfort topline keeps out moisture while locking in heat; EVA contoured, molded midsole for premium comfort; extended rubber coverage and tough Spandura adds protection against wear
- Vibram Arctic Grip outsole pods deliver the most advanced traction on wet ice; Vibram Icetrek full base layer provides the highest level of traction on dry ice
- 100% waterproof winter boots; multi-directional outsole lug design offers excellent traction on multi-surface terrain; rear pull loop for easy on/off
- Winter boots made of EVA material with removable insole. Thanks to the thick and warm insole and EVA material (foam rubber), boots can be used comfortably in temperatures of up to -40°F. Warm and very comfortable
- Rubber sole protects it from cut or stitch. The heels are equipped with special removable spikes to prevent slipping on ice. Triple 10mm insole provides heat insulation
- The inner Thinsulate layer provides heat insulation and absorbs and wicks away moisture. The polyester outer layer provides the required insulation and wicks moisture away from the insole
- Heat-reflective aluminium foil keeps the cold and keeps body heat on the foot
- Outer Material: Rubber. Shoe Width: Narrow. ‣ Features retractable ice cleats for added safety and protection
- COLD WEATHER RATED TO -40° F: 8MM REMOVABLE THERMAL LINER: together with ArcticShield's Patented Retain technology keeps you warm on any frozen tundra down to -40 degree F. Adjustable bungee cord at the opening will keep the snow out.
- WATERPROOF: These Waterproof boots will keep your feet nice and dry as your out and about in the wet, snowy and muddy outdoors.
- RUGGED ALL TERRAIN OUTSOLES: Super lite base protects against the cold and wet elements. Durable thick treaded rubber outsole for traction on slippery, icy surfaces.
- PATENTED RETAIN TECHNOLOGY: Heat-resistant Retain insulation captures and returns up to 90% of your body's warmth, preventing radiated body heat from escaping and cool external conditions from gaining access. Plus, this lightweight, windproof water-resistant insulation keeps you comfortable whether you're trekking in cool weather or outdoors shoveling your way out of the next blizzard.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE: You will love getting into these boots. You will stay warm and comfortable and light on your feet
- Fit Tip: Mens Style, True to size
- Temperature Rating: -40ºC/-40ºF
- Liner: Removable, Baffin multi-layer inner boot system
- Double-weave, 900 Denier nylon upper
- Locking snow collar
- Knee-high winter boot in 1000 Denier waterproof nylon featuring rubber shell at foot and adjustable bungee cords at ankle and opening
- Embroidered logo at side of shaft
- Removable 8mm Zylex liner
- Slip-resistant tread
Factors To Consider When Buying Ice Fishing Boots
Buying ice fishing boots is a serious investment, so it’s better to take your time before you make up your mind. Make sure you’ve covered the basic aspects of such a purchase and take note of the following things when you make your final choice:
During an ice fishing trip it is essential to keep your feet dry. The best boots for ice fishing have a rubber base and strong leather, nylon or other heavy-duty material in the upper part. This will keep water away and give your feet some dry comfort.
This characteristic is so important that you can simply forget about ice fishing if you can’t rely on your boots to provide it. Cold toes could send you back home with a flu sooner than you’d imagine.
A snug fit is great when you’re fighting harsh winter conditions. But that depends on how you prefer to wear the boots.
Some people are reluctant to wear thick heated socks, while most people that go ice fishing wouldn’t leave the house without their fleece or merino socks.
No matter what sort of material your socks are made of, you have to be sure that your boots have enough space to accommodate them.
Ice fishing boots must be able to keep you up on your feet. Ice and snow are slippery and you could have frequent balance problems.
Rubber is great for adherence, but there is always a chance wet ice becomes a challenge. Using ice fishing boots with spikes is probably the safest thing you can do.
Most fishermen agree that good ice fishing boots are fitted with removable liners. After a day in the cold, it’s nice to get the liner out, remove the odors and wick out the moisture.
That will give the owner a comfortable feel every time they wear their ice fishing boots.
Traditional boots are a bit bulkier and can deter your movements, while synthetic materials offer a higher flexibility. Some pairs use laces, others are provided with zippers and buckles, so you must decide which fastening type you prefer.
The Bottom Line
All models reviewed above are designed for harsh weather conditions and subzero temperatures. They are made to keep your feet warm and dry while you are on the ice waiting for your catch.
Thanks for reading our review. We hope it has provided you with the facts that you need to make an info