There’s nothing worse than cold feet, especially while hitting the slopes. We count on our socks to keep our feet warm, but sometimes ordinary socks just don’t get the job done.
Thankfully, the solution is heated ski socks. Don’t let the name fool you, heated ski socks will keep your toes nice and toasty whether your skiing, hiking, or just shoveling snow in your driveway.
Heated ski socks utilize batteries to warm the sock and your feet in order to compensate for your body’s cooler temperatures.
It is important to note several features designed to give you the best overall experience, such as material and the height of the sock. Most ski socks are designed not only to prevent your feet from getting cold, but also to keep your feet dry.
To ensure maximum protection you should choose a ski sock that hits above your ski boot. Most heated ski socks have a layer of padding along the shin area to protect the skin of your legs from the hardened shell of the ski boots.
In this guide we’ll explore the best heated ski socks on the market today that will ensure your feet stay comfortable, warm, and blister-free.
Our 5 Best Heated Ski Socks
|Lenz Product’s Heat Sock 1.0|
Wool & Synthetic Blend
|Flambeau Heated Socks|
Wool, Cotton, & Polyester Blend
|Global Vasion Rechargeable Heated Socks|
Cotton & Spandex
|Auto Castle Electric Battery Heated Socks|
Cotton & Spandex
|Mobile Warming Thawdaddy|
Learn How Heated Socks Work
1. Lenz Product’s Heat Sock 1.0 – A Tech Lover’s Dream Heated Ski Sock
The high-end design is equipped with a rechargeable lithium battery that lasts up to 14 hours, allowing for optimal warmth all day long.
While most socks in this category have manual settings, the Heat Sock 1.0’s temperature is controlled via Bluetooth technology.
Just connect your socks to your smartphone to adjust heat settings and extend the battery life right from your fingertips.
Further Reviewing the Lenz Product’s Heat Socks 1.0
In the Heat Sock 1.0, Lenz went with a blend of both wool and synthetic material. This enables the sock to provide a high level of heat and maintain good ventilation. The blend of merino wool, polyester, elastane, and polypropylene fights off moisture while remaining odor resistant.
Design was a huge factor Lenz considered when creating the Heat Sock. With their ergonomic design, these heated ski socks feel just completely natural, as if they were made specifically for your individual feet.
This design also allows for the heat to spread equally throughout the feet so there’s no infusion of hot spots, making it almost unrecognizable that you’re wearing special socks. These socks, however, were not made to be utilized when participating in high intensity sports.
2. Flambeau Heated Socks – The Most Inconspicuous, Versatile Heated Ski Sock
Calling all athletes! If you’re an avid runner, cyclist, or outdoor enthusiast, Flambeau designed their Heated Socks specifically for you. The mid-weight fabric is versatile allowing for maximum comfort with lasting durability. The breathability of the fabric makes Flambeau’s Heat Socks perfect for the winter sports enthusiast.
The mid-weight fabric of Flambeau’s socks is just the right balance of light and heavy—they’re heavy enough to trap heat in, yet light enough to ventilate, as sport socks should.
The fabric itself is made from a combination of wool, cotton and polyester making these socks soft, yet durable. For increased comfort, there is additional padding built into the heel of the sock.
Unlike some competitors, Flambeau embeds the heating element used in the socks into the actual fabric of the sock. The unique carbon fibers that make up the heating element are woven into the sock, allowing for a more streamlined sock. This keeps the sock thick enough to be used for athletic activity, and aids in the lifeline of the heating element by preventing damage to the element itself.
Further Reviewing the Flambeau Heated Socks
Flambeau equips these heated socks with a 3.7 volt fully rechargeable heating element. This element is powered via two lithium ion batteries that can be charge through both a mini-USB cable and AC charger.
The slim battery packs aide in the overall comfort of the socks. The battery length itself is on the shorter side, with only a 3-5 hour guaranteed run time for these socks. Despite this shorter run time, there is no doubt these heated ski socks get the job done when it comes to keeping your toes nice and warm.
Most of the heat in Flambeau’s Heated Socks is concentrated in the toes, which could be a deterrent to those who prefer a more overall warming effect in heated performance socks.
For those who are concerned about look, these socks are a home-run. Because of the interwoven nature of the heating element and the slim battery pack the heating element of the socks is virtually invisible. When wearing these socks, it’s almost impossible to detect that they are heated socks and not typical everyday socks.
3. Global Vasion Rechargeable Heated Socks – An Affordable, Comfort Focused Ski Sock
This soft material paired with reliable batteries and multiple temperature settings make Global Vasion a serious contender for the top rated heated ski sock.
These rechargeable heated ski socks are made from the perfect blend of cotton and Spandex, making them both soft and elastic. The super soft material is extremely absorbent and quick drying preventing you from getting sweaty, smelly feet.
There’s no doubt Gloabal Vasion designed these heated ski socks with comfort in mind. Both the toe and the heel of the sock are reinforced with additional padding enhancing both the comfort and durability of the sock. The cushion on the sock is unlike any other making them plush enough for multiple hours of comfortable wear.
Further Reviewing the Global Vasion Rechargeable Heated Socks
Thanks to the addition of padding on both the toe and heel, you won’t have to worry about these socks wearing out or getting holes in the toe.
Another notable feature is the length of these socks. The shaft of the sock extends well into the mid-calf range keeping not just your toes, but the majority of your leg nice and warm. The socks also feature a thick elastic band around the calf eliminating the need to worry about the sock slipping down during wear.
The heating element of these ski socks is built into the upper forefoot of the sock. Which means most if not all of the heat is concentrated on your toes and forefoot. The bottom and ankle portion of the sock do not get heated which could be seen as troublesome for those whose feet tend to get extra chilly.
But, with a built in 3.7 bolt heating system that delivers up to 6 hours of continuous use, cold toes won’t be an issue. The heating system runs on two lithium ion batteries that can be fully recharged and has three settings that allows you to vary and customize the level of heat to your preference.
4. AutoCastle Electric Battery Heated Socks – A great blend of comfort and warmth
These socks are designed for the active outdoorsman due with the incorporation of a streamlined, lightweight design. Made from a blend of cotton and Spandex, these heated ski socks offer the perfect mix of comfort and warmth.
The Spandex in the material of the socks provides nice elasticity while still keeping the socks light and breathable preventing sweaty or wet feet. The mid-calf height of these socks is the perfect prevention of rubbing or chafing.
AutoCastle built the heating element into the forefoot and toe of the sock so that once turned on, your toes are almost immediately warmed up. The heating element is small enough where it almost undetectable when walking or skiing. The three temperature settings create ease in adjusting the level of heat you’d like.
Once again, these heated ski socks are powered by 3.7 bolt rechargeable batteries. The batteries are equipped to run a maximum of 5.5 hours before recharging. Unfortunately, the battery pack on these ski socks lives in a pocket located at the calf of the socks. This can make the socks somewhat bulky and could cause a snug fit in a tall ski boot.
5. Mobile Warming Thawdaddy Heated Electric Sock – A Long-Lasting Remote Controlled Sock
The tri-blend antibacterial fabric of the sock, like others, provides breathability while trapping in warmth. The elasticity of the sock ensures the sock stays in place and doesn’t fall down in your ski boot.
The sock hits right above the calf creating the perfect protection barrier between your leg and boot.
A distinguishing factor of this heated ski sock is the remote control. It enables the wearer to toggle between three different heat settings. The heating element of the sock is operated by a 3.7 volt battery. The battery compartment is integrated into the design of the sock making it almost indistinguishable.
With up to eleven hours of power per charge, these heated ski socks are guaranteed to keep your toes toasty all day on the slopes. As if remote controlled heat settings weren’t enough, these socks also feature an integrated touch control button to change between warmth levels of the socks.
Best Selling Heated Ski Socks
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: Keep your feet warm and comfy with our Thicken, battery-powered Heated Sock Liners. They’re made with moisture-wicking material to keep your feet dry, plus Spandex interlock fabric that conforms to your feet. Perfect for skiing, hiking, hunting, ice fishing and any other indoor/outdoor winter activities.
- RAPID WARMING & LONG-LASTING HEATING: Each heated sock comes with a 3.7V 4000MAH rechargeable lithium polymer battery.These slim fitting (rechargeable) Lithium power packs, snap in at the top cuff of the socks .Unlike most batteries, these proprietary Lithium power packs were designed to perform in extreme cold temperatures, and can heat up to 17 hours on the low setting.(Note: Please fully charge the battery before use.)
- FREE SIZE & Forefoot heating: Unisex Heated Socks with Average Size. L size for Unisex size 5-9 , XL for 9.5-13.5 . Our top quality Battery Powered Heated Socks are one of the most versatile Forefoot warming solutions available, kept toes warm,Promote blood circulation.
- EASY TO CONTROL & 3 TEMPERATURE SETTINGS:Press 3 Seconds to Start , Battery Heated socks are heated by carbon fiber filaments, and there are 3 Settings Temperature Controller. Low(Green)temperature 104°-122° F, mid-range(Orange) temperature 131°-140° F,high(Red)temperature 140°-150° F. Everyone's feet feel different temperatures, and they can be adjusted to their most comfortable temperature.
- GREAT WINTER SNOW SOCKS: Our versatile battery heated socks can be used for any outdoor activity. Use as a winter work sock, heated work sock, snow socks, cold weather socks, warming socks, motorcycle heated socks, heat ski socks, heated hunting socks, heated hiking socks.
- ✔ Durable & Soft Material, Ideal Gifts for Cold Winter - This heated socks was made by cotton and premium polyester, which is soft and durable for long time using(7-18h), keeps your foots warm in the winter days.
- ✔ 3 Level Temperature Setting(101℉- 136℉) - High (Red)7~9h, medium(orange)10~12h and low(green)14~18h setting. Including 2 rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Heating hours about 3-6.5H per charge, depends on heating level. This heated socks’s heating temperature also depends on the heating level, the highest temperature up to 126 ℉.
- ✔ Absorbent, breathable, quick-drying, elastic thickened, soft and durable - superior moisture wicking ability, prolong sock’s life and add comfort for you. Make your icy feet dry, comfortable and warm in cold days, Free size (US Size 4-12) suitable for most American men and women,this heated socks is the best gifts for women men.
- ✔ 3.7V 4800mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries - This electric socks Includes a pair of 7.4V 4800MAH rechargeable lithium polymer batteries, charging time of this heated socks is about 5-7 hours and the heating time is about 10 hours.
- ✔ NO HASSLE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We know you'll love our heated socks as much as we do, if for any reason you're not 104% SATISFIED, let us know and our customer service team will make things right: full refund or a free replacement, whichever you prefer.
- 【WARM YOUR FEET IMMEDIATELY】Comes with a remote controller, pairing with two 2600mAh 7.4V lithium batteries, these electric heated socks can warm your feet in less than 30 seconds. Simply touch the built-in controller switch or the remote controller to choose from 3 heat settings - high heat, medium heat, and low heat - anytime anywhere without any embarrassment.
- 【WASHABLE PREMIUM MATERIALS】Made of a carefully-designed mixture of cotton, acrylic, nylon, and spandex, these heated socks possess good characteristics of heat reservation, lightweight and softness. The thickness of the sox reaches up to 3mm, which can maintain the temperature inside the socks and provide you softness. SUGGEST wearing the heated socks in loose shoes such as boots. Size S is suitable for Kids as well.
- 【HIGH POWERED HEATED SOCKS】These heated socks include two large-capacity 2600mAh rechargeable Li-lion batteries, which can heat up for around 3.5-11 hours. The battery can be fully charged in about 4 hours. Ideal for any outdoor winter activities and keep you warm all the time.
- 【UP TO 167℉ TO TOAST YOUR TOES】Constructed with 20*5 cm heating membrane which completely wraps your toes and instep, the heated long sox warm your whole foot and especially warm your freezing toes. The temperature can reach from 113℉ to 167℉.
- 【VERSATILE HEATED SOCKS】The heated socks are suitable for all kinds of outdoor sports, such as skiing, snowboarding, hiking, hunting, fishing, cycling, skating, motorcycling, equestrian, etc. They are also good for blood circulation, ideal for anyone with Raynaud’s Syndrome or working in the cold.
Things to Consider When Shopping For the Best Heated Ski Socks
When comparing ski socks, it is important to pay attention to the material the sock is made from. The material of the heated ski socks should be lightweight, yet durable. Typically, the best performing heated ski socks are made from some sort of blend of cotton or wool, and Spandex.
Battery life is a huge factor to consider before purchasing a pair of heated ski socks. The preference of battery life really depends on your level of activity. Most of the ski socks we reviewed are able to withstand about six hours on the slopes before needing a recharge.
Length is important to take into consideration before purchasing a pair of heated ski socks. In order to ensure maximum comfort, your ski sock should hit above your ski boot. If a sock is too short, the ski boot will rub and chafe where it meets the skin.
Heated Socks FAQs
Q: How long do Rechargeable Heated Socks last?
A: Most heated socks have a few heat settings ranging from low to high – low getting anywhere from 8 to 20 hours of battery life and high getting around 2 to 8 hours of battery life.
Q: How do you clean Heated Socks?
Keep Your Feet Warm While Skiing This Season, Wear Your Heated Socks!
After looking at all the factors including cost, battery life, length, and material makeup we found Global Vasion to be our top choice for a heated ski sock. This sock is not only innovative, but the perfect mix of all of our considerable factors.
With a steadily consistent battery life, put these socks on at the beginning of your outdoor journey, and you are good to go for the next six hours.
These socks are among the most affordable pairs, giving users the most bang for their buck in terms of features.
The comfort focused design is essential for any active person, especially when spending hours on the slopes. The added padding incorporated into the design of the sock allows for a more than enjoyable experience.