There is nothing worse than being out in the cold weather and having freezing feet. A good pair of socks and boots can help, but sometimes it’s not enough to keep the frigidness out.
Especially if you will be out in the cold weather for long periods of time skiing, snowboarding, or hiking; you may want to consider a pair of boot warmers.
There are plenty of options out there on the market depending on your needs. Prices also range from affordable to a little more expensive depending on how you expect your warmers to function.
There are units out there for a casual day in the cold, as well as for performance athletes that spend a majority of their time in frigid temperatures.
We took a look at some of the industry’s best boot warmers and here are our top 5 Picks.
1. Hotronic XLP ONE Heat Sock – Best Pick
The Hotronic XLP ONE Heat Sock recognizes that the entire foot and lower leg, not just the bottom of the foot, can benefit from receiving heat.
It’s worn just like a regular sock, and is just as comfortable as one as well. The Hotronic is made from a blend of 70% nylon, 20% spandex, and 10% merino wool, giving you comfort, warmth, and stretch.
It is also designed with gradual pressure distribution to maximizes both comfort and warmth. Powered by a lithium ion battery, heat is supplied along the lower leg and then wraps around to also heat up the toes and the ball of the foot. The battery pack is securely held in place on the back of the sock’s double cuff.
- Includes 2 Lithium-Ion Batteries
- US and European Charger
- 74% Nylon 20% Elasthan 6% Merino Wool
- Machine Wash/Air Dry
- Fantastic Wicking Ability
The XLP ONE battery pack is a reliable battery that maintains up to 90% of a full charge and 90% of its initial capacity after two years of nonuse. The battery will provide continuous heating power, rather than the uneven heating output you sometimes get with other models.
There are four heat levels with the Hotronic XLP ONE. There are also three base levels, plus a boost level that gives you an extra boost of heat on a timer. It’s a great option for a variety of temperature situations.
2. Lenz Products Unisex Set Lithium Pack Heated Sock – Bluetooth Remote
The Lenz Unisex warmer is also made to fit like a heated sock. It is soft and comfortable, made from a polyester blend with merino and a few other synthetic fabrics. They are flexible and designed so that the heating element does not place too much pressure on your foot.
The lithium battery is snapped securely onto the upper cuff of the sock so it is out of the way. You’ll get up to 14 hours of heat with a full charge of the battery. There are also three different heat settings so you have control in a variety of temperatures.
- Functional sock with integrated heating element you don’t notice
- Toe region and balls of the foot are heated
- Optimal moisture transportation
- The lithium packs are easy to attach by means of press studs on the legband
- US size: 6,5 - 8 - 2017 Model
The Lenz Unisex socks also come with a remote control option that works through your phone via the Lenz Heat app. You can download the app for a free trial but unfortunately, the app does cost $4-5. However, it is useful as it lets you see the current percentage of the battery, allows you to adjust the temperature settings, and it lets you turn the socks heating element on or off.
The merino wool allows theses socks to breath and manages moisture, this keeps your feet warm but prevents them from sweating. They are also odor resistant and quick drying, making them the perfect option for long days out in the cold weather.
3. Hotronic Boot Warmer – Includes Overcharge Protection
The Hotronic is a high performance boot warmer that includes three heat settings, plus a program that aids in stimulating blood circulation to boost temperature levels naturally.
You can achieve up to 18 hours of heat with this power pack when set to low, 7.5 hours on medium, and up to 3 hours on high.
- The new S series batteries offer more than ever before, including enhanced reliability, longevity, and performance
Power and duration of heat depends on whether or not the batteries are freshly charged. Keep in mind that you have to option to turn the power off, so you can save energy by turning them off when inside for a lunch break. This helps to extend their life out in the cold.
If you utilize the highest setting you will get less heat time out of the Therm-ic Classic. You’ll still get enough hours in to have a great day out on the slopes or hiking. The nickel metal hydride batteries can be charged up to 1,000 times.
The heating set comes with a charger that includes overcharge protection, so you can go to sleep with it plugged in and don’t have to worry about overcharging the battery. It also has a fairly quick recharging time of 4.5 hours.
The charger is a global charger that will work in North America, UK, and Europe. It can also be used in other countries with a power converter so you can take your warmers with you to multiple locations.
4. ThermaCELL ProFLEX Heated Insole – Extra Batteries
The ThermaCELL ProFLEX is a heated shoe insole that provides warmth using a cushion covered lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
The battery is easy to charge as it includes a wall charger or can be paired with any USB port. Simply remove the battery pack from the insole, rather than removing the entire insole, when you need to charge.
- Recharges at least 500 times
- Recharges in 4 hours
- Operated by small wireless remote Control
- Can be trimmed to fit almost any shoe
It is highly water-resistant, made from a polyurethane foam that is breathable, transfers heat efficiently, with great shape retention and shock absorbency. You will receive up to 5 hours of warmth per charge and there are 3 different regulated temperature settings for a variety of heat options. It takes approximately 4 hours to charge and also includes an extra set of batteries.
The insoles are extremely comfortable and can be used for daily wear, even without the heating element. You can get approximately 500 uses out of these heated insoles. The ThermaCELL Heated Insoles come with a convenient remote control that has a 7 foot range so you can mange your heating settings without removed the entire insole.
They won’t get quite as warm as some other boot warming units; however, they are enough to get the job done in mildly cold temps. These are a great mid-level option for someone that may take family vacations to colder environments a few times out of the year.
5. Hot Hands Insole Foot Warmers – Best Price
HotHands Insole Foot Warmers are single-use, air activated heat packs that provide warmth and are ideal for those that don’t spend a lot of time in the cold and just need something for a quick trip to colder climates.
The insole foot warmers are thin and measure the full length of an insole to keep your entire foot warm.
- SAFE, NATURAL LONG-LASTING HEAT - Odorless, Disposable, Single-Use Item, Do Not Apply Directly to The Skin. TSA Approved. Made in the USA using domestic and imported materials.
- TO ACTIVATE - Remove warmer from outer package, shake to activate. Warmer heats up in 15-30 minutes. If heat decreases, expose warmer to air and shake. After use, dispose with regular garbage. Ingredients will not harm the environment.
- MULTIPURPOSE WARMERS - Single use air-activated heat packs that provide everyday warmth and are ideal for keeping your body warm when the temperature gets cold. They’re available in several styles designed for your hands, feet, and body.
- WHEN TO USE: Tailgating at Events, Outdoor Sporting Events, Hunting & Fishing, Camping & Hiking, Working in The Yard, Jogging or Taking Your Pet for A Walk. Convenient, Compact, Portable.
Most boots warmers are pretty expensive, making these one-time-use warmers ideal for those on a budget.
The heat is air-activated but it will take about 15-30 minutes for them to fully heat up. If the heat decreases too quickly, just expose them to warmer air for a bit and shake.
These odorless liners are safe and disposable without risk of hurting the environment. However, you shouldn’t apply them directly to your skin. There are 16 pairs included in one box.
Other Best Selling Options
- [Faster Heating] Made of latest carbon fiber heating material, 5 seconds warming, upgrade to 3rd generation chip for faster heating and longer lasting heating time, soft velvet upper, suitable for indoor and outdoor, motorcycle, skiing, fishing, travel, camping, cycling, winter cold weather, outdoor sports essential products.
- [Safety Protection] Built-in temperature sensor and control chip, the temperature will automatically stop heating until the safe temperature is reached, it is safer, the Circuit and battery protected by a steel case, able to carry about 250KG.
- [Temperature Adjustable] The insole has a working time of 4-8 hours, temperatures range from 40°C/104°F to 65°C/149°F, The heated insole is operated by a wireless remote control located inside the shoe or boot, The insole temperature is set to the temperature that best suits the human foot.
- [Big Battery Capacity] The battery capacity is 2000mA, it can be charged 500 times, and it can be used for 4-8 hours. After safe inspection, high-density high-density lithium polymer batteries that can be used even at -20 °C can be safely used and obtained official safety certification.
- [Cut To Fit Size & Quality Assurance] Adjustable to your shoe size, trim the soles for the perfect fit following size guide. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us ,we will respond within 24 hours and will provide you with the best solution! Please rest assured to BUY!
- The Heated Shoe Insoles Keep your feet warm in cold winter and relieve pressure and pain from shoes. Temperature is designed for the most comfortable and safe level in winter. You can enjoy warmth without any discomfort or worries. Consistent heat distribution for optimum blood circulation in feet.
- BATTERY OPERATED -- Battery operated heated insoles, battery not included. Need 6 Pcs 1.5V AA batteries for 2 insoles.
- MOBILE FOOT WARMER -- With 2 straps designed to be tied around legs, you can move while charging the winter heated shoe insoles. And you could place the battery box into the pocket on the straps. Enjoy warmth ever so freely
- Battery Operated Heated Inserts -- The heated insoles are Made from soft elastic EVA-foam, Thickness is approximately 0.16 inches. Your feet don't feeling any tight squeeze when the insoles fit into your shoes.
- ONE SIZE FIT ALL -- You can cut the unisex warm insoles into your own size according you need. The shoe size range is given on the insoles for your DIY convenience. One Size Fits All for Women and Men. Ideal for all kinds of shoes ( US Shoes Size 7.5-13 )
- 【Fast Heating】Heat immediately, reach the predetermined temperature in about 30 seconds, no need to wait. 100-131℉ comfortable temperature range not only protects your feet from cold winters, but also promotes body circulation. So, if you work outside in the cold, or enjoy outdoor winter sports, like hunting, hiking, fishing, camping and skiing — no better way than heated insoles. Let it brings you the warm hearted care in the ice cold winter.
- 【Easy to Use】Unlike other built-in battery kind of shoe inserts, our insole uses special technology, so its very light, thin and soft, only 6 mm thick, providing soft support without any discomfort. Easy to trime, trim off the excess part along the dotted line to fit your size. The fabric of the heating insole is breathable velvet, which can absorb sweat. The interlayer is PU, which is seismic and compressive and can be kept without deformation for many years.
- 【Waterproof Design】These insoles are waterproof and durable. It can be machine-washed or hand-washed. The water temperature should be lower than 40 ℃ and do not put it in dryer. This is a portable rechargeable insoels. Rechargeable batteries are mounted to your ankle via warm velcro tape. The heated foot warmer is thin enough for most kinds of shoes, such as warm boots, martin boots, snow boots, sports shoes, leather shoes, casual shoes. Free to enjoy outdoor activities.
- 【High Capacity】With 2200mAh batteries, recharges at least 1000 times using the included charger. High capacity batteries offer up to 10 continuous hours of runtime. After testing, the temperature can be maintained even in an environment of minus 20 ℃. Far-infrared heating element distributes heat gently and evenly. Built-in thermal protection module. It can withstand the weight of 200 kg without any problem. Warm and safe. Perfect for cold weather activity.
- 【Gift Package】The novel gift box design is very suitable for gifts or personal use. Winter is here, you can bring a warmth to your family, your friends, or yourself. Heated Insoles are the high-tech shoe inserts designed to keep your feet warm and cozy. Premium quality and reasonable price make it a nice winter gift.
- 【Comfortable & Warm】 Heated insoles uses safe and environmentally friendly and latest heating material of high-efficient carbon fiber; the upper is soft velvet, comfortable and warm,promote blood circulation.Suitable for outdoor motorcycle, skiing, fishing, travel, camping, bicycle driving, leisure travel and business travel, work and winter sports, cold and warm outdoor sports essential products.
- 【Adjustable Shoe Size】The underside of the insole is marked with a size that can be cut. The bottom of the insole is European and Asian sizes. Please cut the line according to your own size according to your own size. Please cut it strictly along cutting line to avoid circuit failure inside the insole, and the result that the insole cannot work properly.
- 【Wireless remote control】The heating soles are controlled by a wireless remote control; The "+/-" knob is used to precisely set the temperature and automatically store the temperature function. The battery of our remote control can be exchanged, The battery model: 27A / 12V small battery.
- 【Usage parameters】Heated insoles charging time: 4-5H; Operating time: 3.5-7H; 3.7V / 2000mAh lithium battery, rechargeable type, can be used repeatedly, according to various related tests, and received the official safety certification; can be used with confidence. Note that the insole battery can not be replaced. If the battery is not charged, you can charge the battery directly. insoles temperature range: 40℃/113℉ ~ 65℃/149℉.
- 【Package Content and Quality Assurance】 Package Contents: Electric heated insole*1 pair, dual charger*1, remote control*1, instruction manual*1. If you have any questions about J-Jinpei product please feel free to contact us , we will respond within 24 hours and will provide you with the best solution!
- Powered by 12V voltage, 2A with the latest carbon fiber heating technology for heating function. Two heating levels With LED power indicator to display heating levels for best using experience: Green light indicates Level I (gentle warmth, 10W) , red light indicates Level II (fast warmth, 20W). The design of the shoe sizes/configuration is not intended for outdoor use as regular shoes. The purpose of the design is to improve comfort indoors by keeping feet warm. Hand wash only.
- Soft sole design for comfy touch; two-piece booties designed for providing more mobility than conventional foot warmers; allow users to move more freely in the surrounding area. *Note: Not suitable for outdoor use.
- Heating temperature up to 140°F/ 60°C, depends on ambient temperature, and accumulated heating time. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to feel warm, longer heating accumulate more warmness. The heater will automatically turn off after 2 hours for user’s safety.
- Include AC 110V-230V to DC 12V, 2 A adapter for steady and better heating. Detachable cable and heating elements from the shoes for convenience. (PS. There is no car cigarette lighter plugs for driver’s safety concern). The heating function is not designed for movement with rechargeable batteries, it needs to be plugged in power sources to heat up. The cable wires can be unplugged for the convenience of indoor walking.
Choosing The Right Boot Warmers
When choosing the right boot warmers for you there are a few things to keep in mind. You’ll want to think about how you will be using your boots and where you will be spending most of your time.
You’ll also want to factor in battery life, heat settings, installation and ease of use. When and where will you be using your boot warmers? Are you hiking, skiing, or simply walking around in a colder climate?
Someone who likes to get out there every once in a while, to local mountains, won’t need the same product as someone skiing in subzero conditions.
Battery Life And Heat Settings
Battery capacity and its duration are directly connected with temperature levels your beginners ski boot warmers will provide. Depending on the unit, you can achieve up to 22 hours of heat time on low settings, others may only provide 4-5 hours.
You’ll want to consider if the battery is rechargeable and also factor in the recharging time. Some units also include extra batteries to be sure to look into that if you know you’ll need extending heating time.
Heaters usually have multiple different heating temperatures that can effect how long the battery will last. If you’ll be spending a lot of time in frigid temps doing activities such as skiing, you’ll want a product that has a long battery life, as well as a high heating option.
You may also want to find a boot warmer that provides heat to more than just the bottom of the foot.
Also, be sure to factor in the installation method and ease of use of the product. Most units are placed in your boot with a mounted battery to the side of your boot or attached to the heating unit. Just make sure you find a warming unit that doesn’t have an uncomfortable battery location.
Some boot warmers come with a remote control so you can easily change settings, others require you to remove to boot to access the temp controls. This is a great feature as it allows you to quickly and easily access the temperature, so you can lower the temperature when you are active and increase it as you become sedentary and produce less sweat.
Every heating unit operates differently. Some come pre-packaged as socks with the warming mechanism comfortable weaved inside the material. Other options are simply an insole with a battery attachment.
New boots have the plugs already accessible and makes attachment of the battery super easy. Older models might have a little more complicated installation process as you must attach the wires to the boot with tape and strap the battery to the boot.
The ideal warmers should be as least invasive as possible. You don’t want to feel a bunch of additional items pressing into your foot throughout the day. However, you may notice a bit of extra material the first time you wear boot warmers. Modern ski boot heaters aren’t too heavy and you will adapt fairly quickly with use.
In general, the more durable the warming unit is and the more temperature levels there are, the higher the price.
However, there are still plenty of good quality to price ratio units on the market. Just be sure to thoroughly consider your needs before you purchase a unit.
If you don’t spend a lot of time in frigid temperatures, you will be able to withstand the cold with cheaper solutions.
A great pair of thick socks and a single-use heating option may be the right fit for you. However, if you will be spending a lot of hours with you feet deep in the snow, you will definitely want a more high-end unit with powerful heating options.