Your favorite artist is in town, but the only tickets left have you sitting too far back to see the action. Having a great set of binoculars can be a good way to immerse yourself in the experience of a live show.
You want to look for clarity, a wide field of view, and a compact design. Image quality is the most important factor to consider when it comes to utilizing your optics in a concert setting, as well as the field of view. You don’t want to have to move your binoculars in order to see the entire stage.
You’ll also want to make sure your binoculars aren’t too heavy. You’ll be holding them for quite a long time, so make sure they don’t weigh you down.
In this guide, we’ll review top-rated binoculars specific for indoor and outdoor concerts. We’ll rank them in order of best to cheapest models.
Our 5 Best Binoculars For Concerts
|Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Compact Binoculars|
|Celestron Outland Binoculars|
|Vangaurd Orros Compact Binoculars|
|Gosky BaK4 Prism Binoculars|
|Bushnell Powerview Compact Binoculars|
1. Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Compact Binoculars – Best for Indoor Concerts
The Bushnell Legen is lightweight and equipped with an HD clarity feature. The manufacturing materials are high-quality and extremely durable. They are also built with a great grip feature, so they are super easy to hold.
The magnesium chassis and RainGuard HD provide a water-repellent lens coating that allows you to use these binoculars in both rain and foggy conditions. You can actually fully submerge this model and it will remain dry internally.
Due to the powerful magnifications and the BaK-4 prisms, this binocular is a great option for concert viewing. Plus, the ultra wide-band anti-reflective lens coating optimizes the light and ensures a proper spectating even of poor light conditions.
The contrast and colors are truly amazing due to the ED prime, extra-low dispersion fluorite glass function. You will be able to see even the most distinct details. The objective is 25mm and the magnification power is 10x.
The eye relief is a bit shorter than what is usually ideal for eyeglass wearers, so this may not be the best choice if wear eyeglasses. The size of these binoculars can make them a bit shaky to hold.
The size is a bit smaller than other models, which makes these binoculars so lightweight and compact. It has a close focus distance of 6.0′. For further increase in image quality, the lenses go through an anti-reflection process that optimizes the color perception across the light spectrum.
These binoculars can handle extreme conditions and humidity, which is great for those outdoor concerts in the summertime. The bridge is articulated for easy folding, making them even more compact.
2. Celestron 71341-CGL Outland X Binoculars – Best Binoculars for Night Concerts
These binoculars are great for rain or fog due to the rubber and nitrogen purged properties. They are compact, not much larger than an average smartphone, so portability is super easy. They are also really easy to store.
It has a magnification power of 10X. It also has Bak4 premium prism glass and multi-coated lenses that ensure plenty of visibility and great optical performance. The twist-up eyecups can be adjusted to provide comfort while wearing eyeglasses or sunglasses.
You’ll see a great detail from a distance due to the 25mm roof prism lenses. The optical system is protected and preserved for longevity. The images are crisp and clear.
The protective case is covered in rubber armoring that prevents the shock impact from damaging the optical system, and to offer a tighter grip to the user. The focus knobs provided allow you to customize the image with ease. The field of view is of 110 m at 1000m, and the angular field of view is of 6.3 degrees.
These binoculars offer high resolution and contrast, allow you to see details even in poor light conditions. This a great feature for concert-going binoculars, as most people will be view at night or in dimly lit arenas.
The straps are pre-attached with a semi-attached objective lens cover. A moisture-resistant neoprene carrying case, adding even more waterproof features which makes it as one of the best whale watching binoculars as well. The external features are comprised of a rubber armor to also ensure a firm grip.
The eyepieces are extremely adjustable, but have a slight tendency to go out of focus. Readjusting is super easy and quick. Overall, the binoculars are very easily adaptable.
3. Vanguard Orros Compact Binoculars – Large Field Of View
This binocular from Vanguard comes with a magnification of 10x and features 42-millimeter objective lenses that ensure bright images, even in low light conditions. The small minimum distance allows you to see all the extremely fine details.
Only weighing 20 ounces, these binoculars are very lightweight and comfortable to hold for extended periods of time. The focus knob is located in the center, and allows for the simultaneous focus of both lenses. The adjustments offer crystal clear images.
The twist-up eyecups and the eye relief make it easier for eyeglass wearers to use the binocular. By using BaK-4 prisms and fully multi-coated lenses, this model of binoculars offers a crisp, clear view.
They are also protected by waterproof and fog proof layers that completely seal the optical system from damaging external factors. Protected by a non-slip rubber armor, the exterior layer of the case offers you a safe grip, even in unfavorable weather conditions.
Its field of view is 330 feet at 1000 yards, while the view angle is 6.3 degrees. The near focus is at 8.2 feet, with an eye relief distance of about 10 millimeters. The prism system offers exceptional images in low light environments, perfect for concert viewing.
The resolution is enhanced, as well as the colors, which appear brighter and sharper across the whole light spectrum. These binoculars are easier to focus at medium ranges, and can be a be more challenging to capture clear images at very long distances. However, can be achieved with a bit of patience.
4. Gosky 10×42 Binoculars BAK4 Prism Binocular – Best for Concerts and Sports
The Gosky adds a bit of technology to the mix and incorporates a smartphone adapter. This product is compatible with almost all brands on the market, and allows you to capture and record concerts. It can also be used as a stand alone binocular.
It has 10x power magnification and a 1000-yard wide field of view. You can see the entire concert stage without having to move your sight. The objective lens features a multi-layer green film coating that adds to the 18 mm blue film eyepiece, enabling your view brighter and clearer.
You can use the binocular in any weather condition because of the durable framework and the rubber armor. The material is completely shock-absorbing, so it won’t break even if you drop it accidentally.
This roof prism model is compact and offers an excellent image. In the outer shell, you will find a unique mount which allows you to attach it to a tripod. The exit pupil diameter is 5 millimeters in size, and the exit pupil distance measures 12 millimeters.
It increases contrast, facilitating use in low-light conditions while maintaining quite detailed images. The smartphone adaptor is easy to use and does not require any adjustments to the eyepieces.
It has adjustable twist-up and down eyecups for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses. They are not quite as durable as other binoculars on the market, and will show signs of wear and tear after extended use. At super long distances, you will need patience to achieve image clarity.
5. Bushnell Powerview Compact Binocular – Best Bang For Your Buck
Each element has been thoroughly tested in order to deliver outstanding quality and performance. It features fully coated lenses, so the objects appear crystal clear and the images are bright. The rubber eyecups are easily folded down for eyeglasses.
The optical system is sheltered and protected from accidental impact, making this product quite durable. The lenses are protected from exterior factors such as unfavorable weather or debris infiltrations while allowing you to observe with detail.
The eye relief and the distance between eye positions aren’t set in as comfortable of a position as other models. Some adjustments are required until you get your eyes lined up.
It is equipped with a BK-7 glass prism and a general roof prism design.
The close-focus point is at 21 feet, and the field of view provided is of 300 feet at a range of 1000 yards. The eye relief distance is of 9 millimeters, with the exit pupil being at 2.5 millimeters.
One of the more affordable models in this field, this binocular is perfect for concert viewing.
For a natural focus, a central knob is provided; it is accessible with only one hand and can be used while looking through the device.
The design is simple and will not match the performance of expensive, professional binoculars. The eye relief is decent but using the item for very long periods of time can prove to be quite tiring for your eyes.
Other Best Selling Options
- Material Type: Aluminum
- Sport Type: Hunting
- 【18mm Large Eyepiece Binoculars, Larger Image, Clearer Details】2.25 times the image size of 12mm eyepiece (e.g. 10x25, 12x25, 10x21 binoculars), 1.28 times of 16mm eyepiece (e.g. Ordinary 10x42, 12x42 binoculars). Large eyepiece binoculars make full use of 12x magnification, deliver larger image, ensure clearer details
- 【16.5mm Big BaK4 Prism HD Binoculars, Super Bright, Crisp View】Collect 32% more light than 12.5mm prism lens (e.g. 10x25, 12x25, 10x21 binoculars), 13.7% of 14.5mm prism lens (e.g. Ordinary 10x42, 12x42 binoculars). 16.5mm Prism lens take 100% advantage of 42mm objective lens, collect more lights, deliver brighter view.
- 【Powerful 12x42 Binoculars for Adults with only 1.25lbs.】With only 560g weight, Adasion 12x42mm binoculars deliver 367ft/1000yds large field of view. Perfect binoculars for bird watching, hunting, sports events. Binoculars with adjustable eye cups, suitable for glasses wearers.
- 【HD Binoculars with Universal Phone Adapter, Enjoy Photographing】Quick alignment, compatible with phone case, portable and stable. Suitable for iPhone 13 series, 12 series, 11 series, X, XR, Samsung GALAXY S series, Samsung NOTE series, LG, One Plus, Sony, Etc.
- 【Perfect for Bird Watching, Hunting, Hiking and Sports 】Equipped with Fully Multi-coated lenses and 18mm BaK4 prisms, the HD binocular provides a great brightness, clarity and sharpness. Taking an excellent viewing experience especially when bird watching, hunting, hiking and sports.
- 【HIGH-POWERED LARGE EYEPIECE BINOCULARS】 This binoculars has 12x magnification, 25mm objective lens and wide field of view, 273ft/1000yds, letting you look farther and see wider. Coating with FMC Broadband coating and premium BAK4 prism, it ensure imaging verisimilar.
- 【ADJUSTABLE EYE CUPS FIT EYEGLASS WEARERS OR NOT】The binocs can be pull down the rubber eyepieces and more fit the glasses wearer, getting close to lens and see easily. The long eye relief combined with large eyepiece give you a comfortable viewing while wearing sunglasses or eye glasses. For those who do not wear glasses, will gain more focused slight and feel more easeful through rising eye cups. The compact binoculars has 15mm large eyepieces, can see more clear image than other binoculars.
- 【FMC BROADBAND COATING TECHNOLOGY】The lightweight cruise binoculars is cover with BAK4 prism texture. The objective lens use optical FMC multilayer broadband green film, and the eyepiece-optical is made of blue FMC coating. All design ensure to provide a good image and make you have a amazing experience.
- 【PORTABLE, COMPACT AND SMALL BINOCULARS DESIGN】 One hand can be mastered when you use the birding binoculars for opera,bird watching camping, traveling,wildlife watching,football games,cruise or other outside activity, the low light night vision goggles(Not for completely dark night) is more convenient for using and carrying.
- 【DURABLE AND LIFE WATERPROOF, COMFORTABLE TOUCH】 The binoculars are made of ABS plastic and it also come with a cruise binocular strap, you can use this item in different situations. And rubber armor is made for secure grip.The pocket size binoculars is not only suitable for men and women,but also suitable for kids.It is wonderful to be a gift on Father's Day and Children's Day.
Things to Consider for the Best Binoculars For Concerts
Here are some of the key factors to consider when looking at binoculars for concerts:
Field Of View
When choosing binoculars that are suitable for spectating, you definitely want to factor in the field of view. A wide field allows you to view the image better with much more clarity.
If you like to attend concerts often, you will want to invest in a pair that allows you to see the entire stage clearly if you’re stuck in the back.
The width of the field of view is typically expressed in feet, meters or degrees and you can find it in the product description. As a general rule, good binoculars for concerts should have a field of view of 315 ft or above. Just keep in mind that the field is affected by the magnification of the binocular, so pay attention to this as well.
The Best Binoculars for Long Distance Viewing
Higher magnification does not always mean better. A higher magnification actually translates to instruments that have a small field of view, which you don’t want for concerts. You would have to move the binoculars constantly to see the entire stage.
Be careful to balance the magnification and the field of view if you want to see the action on the whole stage. A magnification that ranges from 4 to 10x is more than enough if you’re planning to go to a concert.
If the show is held indoors, then a binocular with a lower magnification between 4 and 8x will do the trick. Lower magnification is also easier to stabilize in your hands, which reduces blurriness.
Binoculars come in many sizes from compact, to mid-sized, to full-size. Keep in mind, you’ll be holding them for most of the concert. Generally, a lightweight and compact design is the best for a concert environment.
Full-sized binoculars have objective lenses of around 42 mm, sometimes even more. While mid-sized and compact tend to go from 21 to 36 mm. Because they don’t weigh much and provide more comfort, compact binoculars are a safe choice for most people.
Compact binoculars can also be stored in your pocket or handbag, which is a nice option to have while attending a concert.
Many concerts are held outside, so it’s quite possible that weather conditions might prove to be a challenge at times. You’ll want to consider binoculars that are built with waterproof elements to offer protection in sudden rainfall.
Look for tools that are nitrogen purged, this feature prevents the elements of the binoculars from fogging in humid conditions. This is also smart as many concerts occur during the summer months, when it can get hot, humid, and rainy.
What do the numbers signify that appear on most binoculars?
The two numbers that can be located on your pair of binoculars tell you the magnification and the lens diameter. The first number reflects the binoculars’ magnification, and the second number stands for the lens aperture.
How big should my binoculars’ field of view be?
It is best when binoculars have a large field of view. Generally, the smaller the magnification is the larger the field of view. However, you can also get special wide-angled eyepieces which offer a larger field of view along with a higher magnification.
What does phase coating mean?
Most high quality field glasses are marked as being “phase coated”. This means that there is a special coating on the roof pentaprism, which is most commonly known as the P-coating. When a ray of light hits the roof pentaprism, it’s reflected multiple times in the form of a “roof” angle.
As it’s reflected, the ray is divided into two. This process creates a shift in the phases of the light waves, and instead of them all being equal, they’re staggered. This results in the resolution and the contrast being reduced, but the application of special layers can prevent this from happening.
Get Ready to Own a Great Pair of Outdoor Binoculars
Overall, the object is to enjoy your concert experience to the best of your ability. Choosing the right pair of binoculars can either drastically aid in your experience, or drastically distract.
Focus on models that have the widest field of view, while still being lightweight and compact enough for comfort. Also, consider rubber grips and shock-absorbing materials. Many people move and dance at a concert, so it is quite possible that your optics could be knocked out of your hand.
Clarity of the images and detail is key here. You don’t want to be sitting in the nose bleed section with a blurry set of optics. The idea is to feel closer to the stage, to be a part of the experience. So don’t sacrifice image clarity above all else.