If you’re searching for a great pair of snow gloves and you don’t want to deal with the hassle of trial and error or trying on a bunch of different options, you’re in the right place! We’ve taken the liberty of scouring through Internet in search of the perfect winter gloves for you.
We’ve compared and contrasted hundreds of different models from an array of manufacturers and have read through endless customer reviews. Based on our assessments, we’ve narrowed down the options to what we consider to be the top six pairs of winter gloves currently available on the market.
In this guide, we over an overview of our top winter gloves. We also provide a buyer’s guide that highlights some of the most important key features that you should take into consideration when you’re trying to figure out which ones will best suit your needs.
To finish things up, we’ve provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that consumers have about winter gloves. When you’ve finished reading through all of the information presented in this guide, you should be well on your way to finding the perfect pair of gloves to keep your hands warm, cozy, and functional when the frigid temps roll in.
Our Top Picks
To start things off, we’re going to highlight our top three choices for the best overall, the best premium, and the best budget winter gloves. We know that a lot of readers don’t have the time to read through this comprehensive guide and want to find out right away what our top recommendations are. And that’s exactly why we have put together this section.
Best Pick: MCTi Ski Gloves for Men & Women
- 150 grams 3M Thinsulate Insulation(Type G): It is warm, durable, versatile, yet lightweight. These insulations helps to trap and hold body heat, while still allowing mositure to escape. These insulations ensures maximum warmth in thin and flexible in verious cold weather conditions.
- Brand FAN-TEX Waterproof TPU Membrane: Featured with higher level waterproof performance to wick away moisture and helps your hands stay warm and dry all day long.It ensures enough breathability and sweat resistance.
- Softness and Durability to Use: The reinforced PU palm and 3D curved fingers enhances superior hand grip and abrasion resistance. 3mm foam palm cushion effectively reduces shock-impact and relieve hand fatigue in skiing, snowboarding, snowmobile and other extreme snow sports.
- Windproof and Waterproof Outshell Fabric: It is high density composite fabric to against cold air and snow melt. It creats a thermal barrier to against heavy snow and cold air in driving, motorcycle, motorbike, snow shoveling and other winter sports.
- MCTi gloves are with Logo embroidery, skin touch and comfortable linings fabrics, quality adjustable wrist buckles and drawstrings for a snug fit. More size options for mens and womens is a great winter festival gifts.
Whether you’re a winter sports enthusiast or you just want to make sure that your hands are well protected when you’re out walking the dog or clearing the snow, these winter gloves from MCTi are an outstanding choice – and also our pick for the best winter gloves overall.
Premium Pick: PmoYoKo Heated Gloves
- 🔥【Very Functional】The product adopts polymer waterproof fabric,which can prevent rain and snow. The built- -in carbonfiber heating element is distributed in the five fingers ofthe back of the hand, achieving accurate heating, andproviding comprehensive protection against cold andthe warmth to the fingers and the back of the hand, Winter gloves for men and women.
- 🔥【3 Temperature Settings & Instant Heat】3 heating levels (high, medium, low) enable customized balance between heat needed and working hours desired. Heating time takes only 8- -15 seconds, it provides stable heating within1 minute to provide about50C constant temperature. Built- -in high-performanceself- -recovery thermostat exists, to prevent the temperature is too high to cause the damage to gloves,So as to burn the skin.
- 🔥【Outdoor Sports】Touchscreen compatible fingertips; durable PU palms with grippy rubber dots; adjustable wrist straps; extended cuff with drawstring closure. Perfect for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hunting, ice fishing, sledding, motorcycle, shoveling, working outside and anyone who suffers Raynaud’s, bad circulation, arthritis and stiff joints.
- 🔥【Touchscreen Heated Gloves】professional touch screen technology on index finger allow you to control any touch screen devices without take off the heated gloves in cold weather.
- 🔥【Safe and Reliable】 The output voltage of the lithium battery is 7.4V，the output voltage of the charger is 8.4V, and the voltagestabilizing protection device is provided. Both of the output voltages are all lower than the human body satetyvoltage 36V, they are safe and reliable.
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line pair of gloves that features all of the bells and whistles, then the PmoYoKo Heated Gloves are definitely an option that you’re going to want to consider. Made with polymer waterproof fabric, they block out moisture and trap in body heat while still allowing your hands to breathe.
Budget Pick: Gorelox Winter Gloves for Men and Women
- Three-layer Composite - GORELOX thermal gloves are three-layer composite,The surface layer is high-density carbon fiber windproof and waterproof, the middle layer is SBR anti-seepage coating, and the inner lining is a double fleece liner.three insulation fabrics winter gloves protect you against the subzero temperatures of cold winter days. Double shirred elastic wrist with zipper keeps the glove closed around your skin and keeps dirt, debris, snow and cold wind out in outdoor sports.
- High Sensitivity Touchscreen - The Touch Screen Gloves Coated with touch conductive material on the thumb and index finger part,allows you to use phone,tablet,smart watch,car"s touchscreen panels ithout exposing your hand in the cold weather but keep your fingers warm and dry while you use your devices.
- Anti-slip Design - Anti-slip silicone design on the palm patches and fingers for a better grip even in rainy days, abrasion resistant and anti-skid, offering better use experience for work.Outdoor sports gloves perfect for running, cycling, climbing, riding, hiking, driving, shooting fishing.
- Windproof ＆ Warmth - Cycling gloves are sewn in high quality water Resistant TPU which can keep hands warm and dry even in snow or light rain when you are cycling, running or daily wear.Please note that the fabric of shell is waterproof, but the seams and tips of the thumb and index finger is not waterproof.Do NOT get wet for a long time.
- Superior Dexterity and Durability - Warm gloves for men/women are designed with 3D tailoring, which is flexible and Superior stretchy at ease. Strengthening and smooth sewing, adding durability to gloves and ensure longer services time.if you have any problems with the winter gloves, please feel free to contact us, All issues will be solved within 24 hours.
For shoppers who don’t want to spend a lot of money but also don’t want to sacrifice their comfort and protection, the Gorelox Winter Gloves for Men and Women is a great contender – and our pick for the best budget winter gloves. Made of windproof polyester material that’s coated with a waterproof TPU membrane, and lined with super soft insulate material, these winter gloves will shield your hands from the elements with ease.
Winter Gloves Reviews
Now that we’ve taken a semi-quick glance at our top picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget snow gloves, let’s dig in a little deeper. For readers who have more time to invest and want to learn more about the above-mentioned gloves, as well as a few additional options, this section is for you. Here, we provide more in-depth overviews of our top three picks, as well as three additional high-quality snow gloves that we’re confident you’ll find comfortable and protective.
MCTi Ski Gloves Winter Waterproof Snow
For best overall pick, we selected MCTi’s Ski Gloves Winter Waterproof Snow Gloves. They’re made for both men and women and they’re so well made that they will be able to keep your hands comfortable and protected in all types of cold weather environments.
Made of durable windproof polyester material that is treated with a FAN-TEX waterproof TPU membrane, even the highest winds, densest snow, and lightest powder won’t be able to make their way through them. The interior is lined with 150 grams of 3M Thinsulate Insulation material, which not only traps in body heat, but is also highly breathable, so your hands will stay toasty warm, yet they won’t get covered in sweat.
The PU palms and 3D curved fingers are reinforced o enhance your grip on whatever you’re holding onto and they’re abrasion-resistance, too. The palms feature 3mm of foam cushioning, which helps to reduce impact and prevent shock, thereby reducing the risk of hand fatigue while you’re participating in strenuous activities. The long gauntlet-style guff can be pulled up over the sleeves of your coat, while the elastic drawstring holds them in place, and the adjustable wrist straps ensure a snug fit.
There’s even connection buckles sewn into each glove so that you don’t have to worry about losing a partner to this pair of gloves when you take them off. Available in sizes small through X-large and in two colors (black and grey), the MCTi Ski Gloves Winter Waterproof Snow Gloves for Men and Women really are one of the highest quality snow gloves that you’ll find.
- Windproof polyester exterior layer is coated with a FAN-TEX waterproof TPU membrane
- Lined with 150 grams of 3M Thinsulate Insulation
- Traps in body heat while also wicking away moisture and offering superior breathability
- PU palm and 3D curved fingers for a secure grip
- Foam pam cushions absorb shock and prevent hand fatigue
- Long gauntlet-design fits over the gloves
- Adjustable wrist straps for a snug fit
- Available in two colors and multiple sizes
- Affordably priced
- They would benefit from the addition of touchscreen compatible material on at least the index fingers and thumbs
PmoYoKo Heated Gloves
For shoppers who are serious about keeping their hands protected from the cold and don’t mind spending a little more, the PmoYoKo Heated Gloves are a great pick. With carbon fiber heating elements located on the back of the hand that distribute the heat through each of the fingers, these gloves are made for seriously cold weather.
There are three temperature settings – low, medium, and high – that can be adjusted with the simple push of a button and heat up in a matter of seconds. A built-in high-performance self-recovery thermostat is also included so that in the event the temperature gets too high, the heating element will automatically shut off, so there’s no need to worry about overheating your hands or damaging the gloves.
Made of polymer waterproof fabric, they can withstand the strongest winds and moisture from snow and ice with ease. The finger tips are coated with touchscreen compatible material, so you can scroll through your newsfeed, send texts, and dial your pals without having to remove your gloves and sacrifice your comfort. PU rubber dots coat the palms, too, so you can always be sure that you’ll have a firm grip on whatever you’re holding.
Adjustable wrist straps ensure a proper fit and make taking the gloves off and putting them on a cinch. They even come complete with their own rechargeable 7.4 volt lithium battery that will provide hours of reliable warmth.
- Built-in carbon fiber heating elements for whole-hand heat
- Three adjustable temperature settings
- Touchscreen compatible fingers
- Made of polymer waterproof and windproof fabric
- PU palms ensure a proper grip
- Comes with a rechargeable lithium battery for hours of reliable warmth
- Adjustable wrist strap
- The price is a bit on the high side, but given the fact that these gloves are heated and all the other features they offer, the higher price is understandable
Gorelox Winter Gloves for Men and Women
If you’re looking for an affordable pair of winter gloves that you can count on to shield your hands from the elements, Gorelox Winter Gloves for Men and Women is the option for you. The three layer construction included a surface layer of high-density carbon windproof and waterproof material, SBR anti-seepage coated in the middle layer, and on the interior of the gloves is a double fleece linter that is soft, traps in heat, and is highly breathable.
Double-shirred elastic wrists prevent snow, ice, and debris from falling into the gloves, yet also make it easy to put them on and take them off. The index fingers and thumbs are coated with a touch conductive material, you you’ll have no trouble using your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or the touchscreen panels in your vehicle.
Patches of anti-slip material also coat the palms and the fingers so that you can have confidence knowing that you’ll always have a secure grip. With a smart low-profile fit, your hands won’ feel super bulky and weighed down, so manipulating objects with these gloves on is a total breeze.
With reinforced seams, these gloves are highly durable and will last a long time. The black color and modern look of these gloves is sure to go with any wardrobe, and because they are available in a range of sizes, you’ll have no trouble finding a pair that will fit you like, well, a glove.
- Triple-layer construction, including a high-density carbon fiber on the exterior, an SBR anti-seepage coating in the middle, and a double fleece liner on the interior
- Double shirred elastic wrists with zippers keeps heat and cold, ice, snow, and debris out
- Touch conductive material on the thumbs and index fingers
- Anti-slip silicone patches on the palms and fingers
- Reinforced stitching for increased durability
- Sleek, streamlined, simple, yet modern design
- Available in a range of sizes
- Economically priced
- The wrists could be a little longer to offer even better coverage
MCTi Ski Gloves for Women
If you’re a woman and you want to buy a pair of gloves that are specifically designed to fit the shape, size, and contours of your hands, this option from MCTi is definitely a great choice. Like our best overall option from MCTi, these gloves are built for snow and cold weather, but they’re made specifically for women.
These low-bulk ski gloves feature 40 grams of 3M thermal Thinsulate insulation and 120 grams of thicken cotton material, so your hands will experience superior warmth. And while they’re made to trap in body heat and prevent the cold from seeping in, they’re also very lightweight and breathable, and thanks to the TPU insert, which wicks moisture away, you won’t have to worry about sweat buildup.
PU leather lines the section between the thumbs index fingers for reinforced durability, as well as provide shock absorption to reduce the risk of pain. The thumbs, index fingers, and middle fingers are coated with touchscreen compatible material, so you can scroll through your devices without having to subject your hands to the cold.
The top part of the thumbs are also coated with soft, high grade “nose-wipe” material. With elastic wrists leashes, you won’t have to worry about losing your gloves when you take them off, and the long wrists with adjustable straps can fit over your coat and will ensure a snug fit.
- Triple-layer composite windproof and chill-proof outer shell
- Waterproof TPU insert wicks moisture away to prevent clammy, wet hands
- First three fingers are coated with touchscreen compatible materials
- 3M Thinsulate and 120 grams of pure cotton insulation keeps the hands warm in temps that dip as low as -10 degrees F
- Reinforced TPU leather material between the thumb and forefinger
- Adjustable wrist straps
- Elastic straps to secure the gloves to your arms so you won’t lose them
- Available in four color combinations: black/gray, black/rose red, black/red, and black/yellow
- Available in sizes small, medium, and large
- Affordably priced
- A few users said that they did end up experiencing moisture buildup from sweat inside the gloves
Snow Deer Heated Gloves for Men and Women
This is another primo pair of snow gloves. The Snow Deer Heated Gloves are made of a blend of lambskin and polyester material and feature carbon fiber heating elements that are built into the back of the hands and distribute the heat throughout the entire gloves; including the very tips of the finger.
They come equipped with 2200mAh rechargeable batteries that can power your gloves up long enough to provide up to six hours of reliable heat at the low setting and up to 2.5 hours of heat when set on high; of course, that means that the temperature of the gloves can be adjusted, and can easily be done with the push of a button.
These gloves will be ready to shield your hands from the coldest temps in no time; it takes just three seconds for them to heat up after turning them on. Thanks to the combination of lambskin and polyester, their made to withstand virtually everything that comes their way and will shelter your hands from the harshest temperatures and the most severe winds with ease.
With touchscreen compatible fingers and a large assortment of sizes – from X-small to 3-XL – with the Snow Deer Heated Gloves for Men and Women, you can have confidence knowing that you’ll have full function of your hands and that they’ll always remain warm and dry.
- Made of a combination of polyester and lambskin
- Abrasion, moisture, and wind-resistant
- Features carbon fiber heating elements that circulate heat throughout the entire glove
- Three adjustable heat settings
- Comes with a 12V rechargeable battery for reliable, long-lasting warmth
- Touchscreen fingertips
- Reflective strips for visibility
- Adjustable wrist straps
- Warm, yet breathable
- Available in multiple sizes
- UL and CE certified
- Backed by a one year warranty
- The price is quite high and might be cost-prohibitive for some shoppers
Tough Outdoors Ski and Snow GlovesThe Tough Outdoors Ski and Snow Gloves prove that you don’t have to spend a lot to get a pair of warm and reliable gloves. An all-nylon outer shell will shield your hands from the wind, cold, and moisture, while the reinforced synthetic leather palm further helps to keep out moisture.
Thanks to a TPU breathable membrane, which helps to circulate air and wick moisture away, you won’t have to worry about sweat or moisture buildup. The reinforced palms protect your hands from abrasions while giving you a good grip on your ski poles, steering wheel, dog leash, shovel, snowboard, or whatever you’re carrying around.
The adjustable wrist straps ensure a snug fit. Available in sizes X-small through X-large, the Tough Outdoors Ski and Snow Gloves will keep your hands protected without breaking the bank.
- All nylon outer shell and reinforced synthetic leather palms keep out cold, wind, and moisture
- Breathable TPU membrane prevents moisture buildup
- Synthetic leather palms protect from abrasions and provide a strong grip
- Adjustable wrist straps
- Available in several sizes
- Economically priced
- The fingertips would benefit from touchscreen material
Other Best Selling Options
- Durable, all-purpose polytex shell
- Digital-grip palm and stick-grip fingers and thumb
- FastDry technology lining wicks away sweat
- Waterproof insert
- Fleece cuff with adjustable wrist strap closure
- ☛HIGH SENSITIVE TOUCHSCREEN: Featuring high sensitive conductive material on thumbs, forefingers and middle fingers, you can wear the gloves to touch screen of your smartphone, tablet, iPhone or other touch screen devices
- ☛TRIANGLE SILICONE ANTI-SLIP: Fully covered with triangle silicone on palm, you can grip the steering wheel firmly when driving or hold your phone steadily without worrying about it slipping from your hand
- ☛WARM LINING AND COMFORTABLE: Made of soft napping wool the inner lining, the gloves are extremely comfortable and warm considering they aren’t bulky! Also with the stretchy snug fit, you can type a text just as fast as you would without gloves
- ☛WELL FITTING AND ELASTIC CUFF: Thickened elastic wrist keeps the glove closed around your skin and keeps the snow or wind out in winter. And the gloves are stretchy enough to fit your hands perfectly
- ☛GOOD GIFT FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS: These gloves are unisex and stretchy and have two sizes to choose, you can send one as a gift to your family or friends without worrying about the problem of size. They will love it very much
- 【HIGH PERFORMANCE】 SIMARI work gloves, a comfortable, durable grip glove designed to handle all of your daily tasks. There is enough silicone on the palm, index finger and middle finger, that increasing the grip effectively, let you grip any tool firmly. Perfect uses include but are not limited to shop, home, warehouse, delivery, clean-up, landscaping, yard work.
- 【HUMANIED DESIGN-TOUCHSCREEN】 The SIMARI freezer gloves for work below zero, windproof waterproof, keep hands warm when handling frozen food or other items. This winter thermal gloves have a good touchscreen function on the thumb and index fingertips, you can operate your phone, ipad, smart watch and other panel anywhere and anytime without taking warm gloves off.
- 【ERGONOMICS DESIGN】 The fine cutting removes excess materials on the palm, which grants you the highest possible flexibility and feels no extra materials blocking when bending your hands. Reflective strips on the back for high visibility, make you safer during work, bikes or runs. Stretch knit design fits snugly to your wrist, keeping glove secure while you’re at work.
- 【WIDE RANGE APPLICATION】 Our gloves with decent quality are designed for regular daily logistic, warehousing, forest, ranching, gardening, hand tools and DIY works in cold conditions. Perfect for cycling, riding, hiking, driving, running, climbing, gym workout. Your hands and fingers will appreciate the durable quality protection of these grip gloves. It is is a must daily accompany for outdoor sports or working.
- 【Warm Tips】You have no risk to have a try, just need to believe, we will be always with you. Any question, we are willing to try our best to solve it within 26 hours, without any requirement. If all customers are satisfied with our product, it will be our greatest achievement.
- Thin, fitted liner gloves can be worn on their own or as a first layer under heavier gloves in harsher conditions
- UA Storm finish repels rain & snow without sacrificing breathability
- Ultra soft knit fabric with a smooth exterior & a plush interior for just the right amount of warmth
- Tech Touch print on thumbs & fingers allow you to use touch screen devices without taking your gloves off
- Ribbed wrist cuffs for enhanced protection & a snug, comfortable fit
- 【UPGRADED 5 LAYERS EXTRA THICK PROVIDE MORE DEXTERITY】 - The warm gloves insulated with 5-layer thermal softshells keep hands warm in cold weather but lightweight for good packability. High Quality Polar Fleece lining of mens winter gloves is soft and skin friendly. 3M Thinsulate in the middle layer of snowboard gloves is isolated your hands from cold even in -30℉ weather. The cuffs of mens gloves is stretchy enough to go on and off easily, flexible and suitable for your hands in winter.
- 【TAKE PICTURES & SHARE WITHOUT DROPPING THE PHONE】 - 10 high sensitive touchable Fingers of men gloves for cold all work for screen touching with larger non-slip PU conductive leather. Answer phones, texting, taking pictures, sensitively operate touchscreen device without taking off the winter warm gloves. Fingertips and palms have large no-slip, silicone print for driving, cycling and grabbing. The winter thermal gloves brings safety and convenience as well as warmth and comfortable.
- 【KEEP HANDS BOTH DRY & WARM】 - Double-layer waterproofer of thermal gloves provides duplicate protection. High density nylon of the sports gloves' outer layer is water resistant. Breathable TPU waterproofer inlayer does a great job keeping moisture out and no sweat staying inside, and they'd best be worn during activities that work in the rainy or snowy days. The windproof gloves with elastic wrist cuff help properly against freezing wind and cold water, making your hands warm and dry.
- 【FOCUS MORE ON ELABORATE DETAILS | PERFECT GIFTS FOR MEN & WOMEN】 - Invisible inner suture of waterproof gloves improves wearing comfort. Concealed wrist band with automatic shrinkage elastic design effectively keeps warm. Portable buckle of women ski gloves is easy to use and avoids loss so that it is much more convenient for you to carry the cycling gloves out. Adjustable cuffs with upgraded unwavering zipper is durable and suitable. A best unisex gift for friends and families.
- 【WIDE SIZE SELECTION & TIMELY AFTER-SALES SERVICE 】 - The size is measured by circumference: M:7.5"-7.9"/ L: 7.9"-8.3"/ XL: 8.3"-8.7". These gloves bide well in cool to mild temps while performing physical activity. After you get touchscreen gloves, just enjoy the best experience in cold weathers while skiing, snowboarding, snow shoveling, cycling, running, dog walking, hiking, climbing, driving, fishing, etc. Please contact us if you have any questions, we will response at once.
- 12 Pairs of Magic Gloves
- One size fits most Children, Ladies & Mens
- 60% Cotton - 40% Mixed Fibres
Winter Gloves Buyer’s Guide
Humans rely on their hands for everything. It’s one of the key features that set us apart from other species. If you’re an avid winter sports enthusiast, you know just how important your hands are. You use them to balance yourself on your skis, anchor yourself to the pitch, and catch you when you fall on the ice.
Even if you aren’t into winter recreation, you still rely on your hands for a great many things when the temps turn chilly; chopping firewood, clearing ice from your windshield, shoveling snow from your driveway, and even gripping onto the frozen steering wheel in your car.
Needless to say, your hands are exposed to a lot in the winter and protecting them when the weather outside is frightful is pretty darn important.
A great pair of winter gloves can make all the difference in the world. When you don the right pair of gloves, won’t have to sacrifice your hands or your comfort – or even your safety (frostbite, anyone?).
Needless to say, winter gloves are extremely popular, as people from all walks of life slip them on when the temps turn chilly. But if you’re a little more active than the average person during the winter months or you just want to make sure that you’re wearing a pair of gloves that are protective yet comfortable, you might not know which option to choose.
There are literally endless brands and types of winter gloves on the market and trying to narrow down your options and figure out which ones are the best ones for your specific needs can be quite the overwhelming experience.
Now that we’ve had an in-depth look at our top six choices for the best winter gloves, you’re probably wondering which ones to choose. In order to find the best pair of winter gloves to suit your specific needs, you need to take a few factors into consideration. In this section of our guide, we discuss the most key features to consider when you’re shopping for snow gloves so that you can choose a pair that will work best for you.
First things first: you need to determine what type of winter gloves you need. There are several options available, including:
- Performance – These are made for activities, like skiing, shoveling, biking, snowboarding, and any other cold-weather activity you can think of. They’re made of high-end materials and are durably constructed to ensure that they can stand up to the elements and excessive wear.
- Casual – These are the winter gloves that you would keep tucked inside your coat pocket and slip on when you’re walking to the office or from your house to the car.
- Work gloves – As the name suggests, these gloves are designed for outdoor work in cold temperatures; bailing hay, construction, chopping wood, etc. They’re usually made of leather for superior durability and offer some type of liner, such as fleece or cotton.
The type of winter gloves you’ll need depends on what you plan on wearing them to do, so make sure you think about what you’ll be doing while you’re wearing your gloves.
You’ll also want to consider the type of insulation the gloves are made with. Insulation is what protects your hands from the cold, as it locks in the warmth. There are several different types of materials that can be used as insulation, such as faux fur, cotton, fleece, and Thinsulate (a super-advanced fleece-like material).
You want to make sure that the insulation will keep your hands warm, but that it’s also breathable, as you don’t want to experience sweat buildup.
The type of cuffs are important, too, as they will have an impact on how much protection the gloves provide, and how easy they are to put on and take off.
For example, if you’re planning on purchasing performance gloves, long cuffs that can fit over the arms of your coat are ideal, as they’ll prevent breaks in fabric on your arms and they’ll stop snow, ice and debris from falling in. Whatever type of winter glove you choose, make sure that the cuffs are easy enough to manipulate so that you can get them on and off without a struggle.
The Size and Fit
Of course, you’ll also want to consider the size and fit of the gloves. The size and fit impacts your dexterity and plays a key part in keeping warm. You won’t want them to be too big and bulky, as they may fall off or could slow you down, and you don’t want them to be too tight and short, otherwise you’ll lose movement and will just feel uncomfortable.
The materials winter gloves are constructed out of are also extremely important. They play a key part in the level of protection they provide, as well as the comfort and warmth they offer. If you’re planning on buying performance or work gloves, make sure that they’re made of waterproof and windproof materials. If you’re buying casual gloves, moisture and wind-resistance aren’t necessarily a requirement, but would be helpful in the event that you do get stuck in heavy wind or you need to clear snow off of your car.
Lastly, you should consider the features that the winter gloves offer. In this day and age when everyone is reliant on smartphones, tablets, and even GPS navigation screens in their cars, gloves that features touchscreen compatible fingers is important. You’ll be thankful for this feature, as you’ll be able to stay connected without having to remove your gloves.
Another feature you might want to consider is a built-in heating element. We featured two pairs of heated gloves in our review. They’re not for everyone, but if your hands get excessively cold or if you’re planning on spending a prolonged amount of time in the cold, this feature might be beneficial for you.
Winter Gloves FAQs
What gloves would work best for extreme cold?
For extreme cold temperatures, performance gloves that are made of wind-proof and waterproof materials with Thinsulate insulation are your best bet.
Are mittens or gloves better?
Gloves are typically a bit warmer, but for dexterity purposes, we recommend gloves.
Are heated gloves a good choice?
It really depends on your needs. If you’re going to be outside for a long period of time or your hands get really cold, then yes, heated gloves may be a good choice for you; however, some might find that they’re a bit too much.
Keeping your hands properly protected from the cold is extremely important; not only for your comfort, but also for your safety. With the information presented in this guide, you should be able to find the perfect pair of winter gloves that will keep your hands toast warm when the frigid temps move in.