In this guide, we share an overview of our top picks for the best tent stoves, including the features of each model and the pros and cons of each one. We’ve also included a buyer’s guide, which highlights the key features that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for a tent stove.
To wrap up our review, we’ve included answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that consumers have about tent stoves. With the information presented in this guide, you should be able to find the best tent stove for your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
This section is intended for readers who are in a rush and don’t have time to read through our more lengthy reviews, but are looking for a reliable tent stove.
Below, we offer a brief overview of our top three picks for the best tent stove models, including the best overall, best premium, and best budget picks.
Best Pick: EcoZoom Versa Camping Stove
- ULTIMATE CAMPING WOOD STOVE: Extremely durable, long-lasting and energy efficient. The Versa uses wood, charcoal or solid biomass as fuel. Great for outdoor camping, hiking and even emergency preparedness.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT COOKING: The fully insulated vertical combustion chamber forces gases to mix with the flames, leading to decreased harmful emissions while boasting tremendous fuel efficiency. This means you can use less fuel to increase cooking times and you won’t get smoke in your face!
- QUALITY MATERIALS AND DURABLE DESIGN: Extremely powerful and well-built design means the stove stays in place exactly where you want it. You can have peace of mind knowing you don’t have to worry about tipping, falling or unexpected accidents. All of the stove’s exterior and interior parts are super-easy to clean and maintain.
- ECO-FRIENDLY STOVE: The Versa doesn’t require a lot of wood and charcoal to cook an entire meal, which makes it a very eco-friendly outdoor cooking option!
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: Excellent emergency preparedness tool, if and when disaster strikes. No gas, propane or electricity needed. Just a handful of sticks to have a fully cooked meal during an emergency situation.
A great tent stove should be durably constructed, safe, easy to use, and generate reliable warmth. The EcoZoom Versa Camping Stove meets all of those requirements. At first glance, it kind of looks like a pressure cooker; however, it’s really a fully functioning tent stove that is designed to meet all of your cold weather camping needs. Not only can it burn wood, but it can also burn charcoal or biomass as fuel.
Premium Pick: Winnerwell Woodlander Double-View Large Tent Stove
- 304 STAINLESS STEEL precision construction that is highly corrosion resistant, ideal in harsh outdoor environments; Door viewing window and 2 large side viewing windows
- INCLUDES 1 stove body, 5 sections of 3.5-inch diameter chimney pipe, 1 spark arrestor, 1 ash scraper
- DIMENSIONS 18” x 10” x 9.5” (Packed); 25” x 25.5” x 109” (Assembled- 109” indicates total height of stove + chimney); Chimney pipe 3.5-inch diameter; 1500 cubic inch firebox
- HIGHLY PORTABLE design; folding 3-leg design folds flat under the stove; chimney pipe sections stow inside stove body; side shelves function as carry handle; 33.7-pounds total
- IDEAL FOR heating and cooking in small spaces such as canvas tents, teepees, yurts, shacks, tiny homes and more; recreational wood burning stove not intended for residential use
For the best premium tent stove, our pick is the Winnerwell Woodlander Double-View Large Tent Stove. Made of high-grade 304 stainless steel, this stove is corrosion resistant and extremely durable, this tent stove can easily withstand all types of wear and tear. It boasts a door and two side windows, which not only help to circulate the heat that it produces, but also allows you to keep a watchful eye on the fire.
Budget Pick: Redcamp Wood Burning Camp Stove
- ▶MATERIAL: After we listening to the customer's adivce we will tear off the protective film when we finish the product. Please remove the residual protective film before use. Crafted with high quality 430 stainless steel, this portable camping stove will steadily burn bright, whatever heavy weight or high heat comes its way
- ▶STABLE AND SAFE: 304 Stainless Steel grid backing plate creates a stable cooking platform, the cuboid design makes the product more stable and provides a reliable support for the kitchen utensils
- ▶VARIOUS FUELS: The stove accept various fuels like leaves, twigs, you can get these easily in the nature and enjoy a real wilderness fun
- ▶FOLDABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Easily collapsible and lightweight, Unfold size: 8.3*5.9*5.5in, fold size: 8.3*5.9*1.5in.Net weight: 1.9lbs. This camping stove comes with its own carry bag so you can sling it along and serve up a warm meal wherever you’ve set up camp
- ▶100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: REDCAMP offers a 360-day limited manufacturer warranty. If you're not satisfied for any reason, please contact us immediately and we will give you a reply within 24 hours.
If you’re looking for a durable, reliable, and easy to use tent stove that won’t break the budget, the Redcamp Wood Burning Camp Stove is an excellent choice. It features a 304 stainless steel grid backing plate, which serves as a stable cooking platform, and the cuboid construction provides great stability and can easily support utensils.
Tent Stove Reviews
Now that we have taken a look at our top picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget tent stoves, let’s dive in a little deeper. In this section, we provide more detailed overviews of the above-mentioned tent stoves, as well as additional durable and reliable tent stoves, as well as a list of pros and cons for each model.
EcoZoom Versa Camping Stove
The portable wood burning Versa camp stove from EcoZoom is our choice for the best overall tent stove. Made of premium-quality materials and thoughtfully designed, this tent stove is exceptionally durable, reliable, and safe to use.
It features a fully insulated vertical combustion chamber, which forces combustible gasses to mix with the flames inside the chamber, which decreases harmful emissions while allowing for outstanding fuel efficiency. As such, it requires less fuel and can cook much faster without having smoke blown in your face.
Because it’s so well designed and durably constructed, the stove is exceptionally sturdy and will stay in place, so there’s no need to worry about tipping, falling, or accidents that could be potentially dangerous.
In addition to wood, coal can also be used as a fuel source, and whichever type of fuel you need, the EcoZoom Versa Camping Stove doesn’t need a lot to produce a powerful fire that will generate great warmth and that can be used for cooking, too.
- Made of durable materials and thoughtfully constructed
- Features a fully insulated vertical combustion chamber
- Generates powerful flames without generating a lot of emissions
- Highly efficient and eco-friendly
- Wood and coal can be used as fuel sources
- Can be used for heat and for cooking
- Compact design and 16 pound weight makes it easy to transport
- Easy to use
- Very safe and reliable
Winnerwell Woodlander Double-View Large Tent Stove
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line tent stove, the Winnerwall Woodlander Double-View Tent Stove is an excellent choice. The 304 stainless steel precision construction is corrosion resistant and will stand up to all types of wear and tear and harsh outdoor environments, so it’s bound to last a long time.
A door and two large side windows not only help to circulate the heat through your tent, but they also allow you to keep an eye on the flames so you can tend to the fire when needed. Comprised of a stove body, a 3.5 inch diameter chimney pipe, a spark arrestor, and an ash scraper, this stove comes with everything you need to make your tent warm and cozy.
It’s also highly portable, as the tree legs fold down underneath the stove, the five sections of the chimney pipe collapse and stow inside the body of the stove, and the side shelves double as carrying handles. When it’s fully assembled, the stove measures 25 inches by 25.5 inches by 109 inches and when it’s packed up, it measures just 18 inches by 10 inches by 9.5 inches, so either way, it doesn’t take up a lot of space. Weighing 33.7 pounds, it’s a bit heavier than some of the other tent stoves that are featured on our list, but it’s still lightweight enough to easily move from car to campsite.
It’s important to note that while all of these features do make the Winnerell Woodlander Double View Large Tent Stove a premium choice, it does have a high price tag and it might be cost-prohibitive for some shoppers.
- Made of 304 stainless steel
- Corrosion resistant and highly durable
- Comes with everything you need, including a stove body, a 3.5 inch diameter chimney, a spark arrestor, and an ash scraper
- Collapsible design is highly portable
- Viewing windows help to circulate the heat and make it easy to keep tabs on the flames
- Highly versatile; can be used in a multitude of environments
Redcamp Wood Burning Camp Stove
For campers who are looking for a reliable and portable tent stove but they don’t want to spend a lot, this option from Redcamp is a great choice. This wood burning stove is made of high-grade 430 stainless steel and features a 304 stainless steel grid backing plate that serves as a stable cooking platform, it is exceptionally durable.
The cuboid design makes it extremely stable, which reduces the risk of accidents, such as tipping. It accepts various types of fuels, including wood, leaves, and twigs, so you can either bring along your own fuel or gather it from around your campsite.
Easily collapsible and lightweight, this tent stove measures just 8.3 inches by 5.9 inches by 1.5 inches when it’s folded down and weighs only 1.9 pounds, so you’ll have no trouble toting it around. It’s also very compact when fully assembled, so it won’t take up a lot of space and makes it really versatile, as it can be used in a variety of locations.
This stove not only serves as a reliable source of heat, but it can be used for cooking, too. And because it comes with a 100 percent money back guarantee, you can purchase it with peace of mind.
- Made of 403 stainless steel and features a 304 stainless steel grid backing plate
- Compact, lightweight, collapsible design for easy transport
- Accepts a variety of fuel sources, including leaves, twigs, and branches
- Generates reliable heat and can be used for cooking
- Sturdy, stable, and safe
- Very affordably priced
- Backed by a 1 year full money back guarantee
TMS Portable Military Camping Wood Stove Tent Heater
Next on our list of the best tent stoves is the TMS Portable Military Camping Wood Stove Tent Heater. Constructed of high-grade materials for great durability, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that this stove will provide you with reliable and safe heat.
With front and rear air flow regulators and a bottom access ash clean-out, this tent stove is really easy to use. The hinged top grate doubles as a carrying handle for when you need to transport it, and it also serves as a flat heating surface that can be folded out and used for drying small items, such as socks, gloves, and hats.
A spark arrestor provides added safety and removable dual side cooking tubes can be used for cooking all types of camp foods. The four leg design ensures stability and increased safety, as there’s less of a risk of tipping.
Measuring 18 inches long by 10 inches wide by 12 inches tall, this tent stove won’t take up a lot of room and can be used in a variety of locations.
- Made of top-quality materials
- Durably constructed
- Four-leg design for great stability
- Hinged top grade can be used as a carrying handle for easy transport
- The top grate folds out for a flat heating surface that can be used to dry small items
- Removable dual side cooking tubes
- Spark arrestor provides increased safety
VidaLibre Portable Outdoor Wood Burning Folding Camp Stove
The Portable Outdoor Wood Burning Folding Camp Stove from VidaLibre is another great option to consider. It can be used as a wood burning stove, or you can add a propane gas burning kit so you can use either type of fuel.
Made of highly durable materials, this tent stove will stand up to all types of wear and tear. It also comes with everything you need to not only generate reliable heat, but to cook hot meals at the campground, too, including grates, pans, utensils, and much more.
Measuring just 14 inches by 11 inches by 13 inches and weighing in at just 20 pounds, this tent stove is very easy to transport and won’t take up a lot of space. It also comes with its own carrying case, which is ideal for storage and makes taking it back and forth from the campsite to your house a breeze.
- Made of high-grade materials and durably constructed
- Wood burning or can be fitted with a propane gas burning kit for great versatility
- Not only does it generate reliable heat, but it can also be used to cook all types of food
- Lightweight and compact design for easy transport
- Comes with its own durable carrying case for easy storage
- Easy to set up and take apart
EcoZoom Dura Camping Stove
Like our pick for the best overall tent stove, this one is also made by EcoZoom. The manufactuer’s Dura camping stove is highly durable and very energy efficient, as it can use wood or solid biomass for fuel.
It also features a fully insulated vertical combustion chamber that forces gases to mix with flames, which decreases the amount of harmful emissions it generates while ensuring outstanding efficiency. The smart design allows the stove to stay in its place, so there’s no need to worry about it tipping over.
It doesn’t require a lot of fuel or dry biomass fuel to heat your tent or prepare a full meal, which further adds to the eco-friendliness of this tent stove. The compact size won’t take up a lot of room in your tent, car, yurt, or wherever else you may be using it or storing it.
- Constructed of high-quality materials
- Smart design means there’s no need to worry about tipping
- Features a fully lined vertical combustion chamber
- Extremely efficient and eco-friendly
- Doesn’t require a lot of fuel
- Both wood and dry biomass fuel can be used
- Easy to set up
- Compact design
- Affordably priced
Other Best Selling Options
- High Heat Output: the stove can quickly reach a temperature, act as a heater to provide warmth and heat to a space in outdoor camping trips.
- Sectional Stove Pipes: 6 pieces pipe, the maximum height is 4.69 feet, diameter is 2.36inch / 6cm. The height can be adjusted to suit different space, like tipi-tent or tiny house.
- Multi-function: The flat top of the stove is your cooking surface. The wood burning stove can be used to cook just about anything a you can cook on the range in your kitchen.
- Easy to Use and Safe: Camping wood stoves use natural fuel sources like firewood, twigs, wood chips etc. Be vertically vented by running the flue pipe out of the top of a tent.
- Detachable and Portable: The whole stove adopts a detachable design scheme. You can easily remove the collapsible four legs and chimney pipes, it's easy to store and carry.
- High Heat Output: The stove can quickly reach a high temperature, act as a heater to provide warmth and heat to a space in outdoor camping trips. The tempered glass window makes you enjoy watching the fire and check the situation inside without opening the door, also adds to a cozy atmosphere and the overall feeling of warmth.
- Large Rectangular Firebox with Multi-function: The size of the stove body is 15.75" L x 9.85" W x 9.85" H. The flat top offers a extra large cooking surface with a removable hotplate cover, stainless steel grill, and two shelve racks o further extend your cooking area. The wood burning stove can be used to cook just about anything you can cook on the range in your kitchen.
- Double Firebox Wall and Sectional Stove Pipes: Secondary ventilation ensuring efficient clean combustion, and keep heat in the stove longer. 5 piece flue pipes, the maximum height is 4.76 feet, diameter is 3 inches / 7.6cm. The height can be adjusted to suit different spaces, like tipi-tent or tiny house.
- Easy to Use and Safe: Camping wood stoves use natural fuel sources like firewood, twigs, wood chips, etc. Grates in the firebox allow air to get to the wood from below for more complete combustion and provide the ability to clean out ashes even when the fire is still burning. Be vertically vented by running the flue pipe out of the top of a tent.
- Collapsible Legs for Stable and Portable: Wide collapsible 4-leg design helps keep the stove stable on uneven surfaces. The whole stove adopts a detachable design scheme. You can easily remove the collapsible elements fitting into the stove, like chimney pipes, it's easy to store and carry. NOTE: Wear Gloves when assembling the tent wood stove. Sometimes there are sharp edges on the pipes and stove that can cut you.
- 🔥【Portable Tent Stove】 -- Take this charming tent wood stove to start your camping or hunts. 16.3lbs weight and foldable foot can be easy to carry or storage.
- 🔥【Unique Visible Design】 -- Glass window can visible flame and wood in the stove. And there is a small fan under glass, which can help you easy to extinguish the flame.
- 🔥【Widely Used】 -- Perfect for heating and cooking in winter camping or season hunts. It is also a great choose for warm or boil water at home.
- 🔥【Quality Material】 -- Stove body is made of quality iron with high temperature spray, and we choose 304 stainless steel for chimney pipe, premium glass provide a special experience to you.
- 🔥【Refund Policy】 -- GBU provide best product and service! Please contact us feel free to if there is any problem, we will deal with for you within 24 hours. And we are glad to receive suggestions from you too.
- Stove can be used in an outfitters tent with a stove pipe vent; Four (17" long × 2 1/2" diameter) interlocking flue pipe sections
- Spark arrestor for added safety; Removable dual side cooking tubes can be used for baking potatoes, foil meals, etc.
- The stove has front and rear air flow regulators and an easy access bottom ash clean-out
- Top grate is hinged and doubles as a carrying handle when stove is not in use
- Grate folds to provide flat heating surface on top of stove and can be folded out for drying gloves, socks, small items
- 【Size】Opening size: 13.65 * 7.8 * 7.4inch (hearth length, width and height),Storage size: 14.2 * 10.5 * 3inch (Tote bag , all parts including chimney can be stored in it).The thickness is 0.024inch (0.6mm), thickness of accessories is 0.031inch(0.8mm).
- 【Lightweight&Portable】Ultralight and tiny, only 3.55 lb(1.61kg). The side panels and legs of the stove can be easily removed for storage, and the chimney pipe can be easily rolled up without taking up a lot of space, and you will not feel the heaviness of this item in your collection of camping kits.
- 【Sturdy&Durable】Cubic mini wood stove, the body and pipe all made in titanium alloy (Floor and roof grade are ta2, the others are ta1) material, which is light weight and high melting point. Titanium can be heated quickly in very cold conditions and lasts for a period of time. Titanium’s last longer than steel. Safe and portable for Tents, Shelters, backpacking.
- 【Multifunctional】There is a piece of heat-resistant glass on the door, so you can easily observe the burning situation. There are 4 holes under the glass. Adjust the sliding plate to control the in and out of air flow. The chimney pipe is equipped with a damper and a waterproof cover pipe, when the fire is extinguished, it will not cause water leakage around the door and the top cooking cover. Keeping warm in the tent and shelters, cooking outdoors and boiling water.
- 【Tent stove kit include】Titanium small stove*1; 8.2ft pipe *1;waterproof tube cap*1;feet*4; carry bag *1;hook *1;connector for chimney*1. All accessories are complete. Well packing which can be given as a gift.
Tent Stove Buyer’s Guide
There’s nothing better than hitting the backwoods – or a campground, beach, or any other location in nature – and getting back to basics. There’s just one problem: when the sun goes down, it can get downright cold inside a tent. Sure, there are plenty of high-quality sleeping bags on the market that are designed to provide protection from low temperatures.
Yes, you can certainly pile on the layers of sweaters, sweatshirts, thermal underwear, hats, gloves, and thick socks. But, while these efforts may shield you from the cold, do you really want to be bundled up like a mummy? Talk about being uncomfortable! Fortunately, there is a way that you can ward off the cold and make sure your tent is nice and cozy. How? By investing in a tent stove.
As the name suggests, a tent stove is specially designed stove that is specifically made to be used in a tent. There are various models available and several accessories, such as water heaters, warming trays, and chimney ovens.
With a camp stove, you’ll be able to enjoy winter camping – or camping at any other time of the year when the temperature dips – without having to worry about your teeth chattering. Not only will a tent stove keep you comfortable, but it can also protect your health, as it can actually ward ailments that can be associated with long-term exposure to cold temperatures, such as frostbite and hypothermia.
It goes without saying that if you’re planning on investing in a tent stove, you want to make sure that you purchase the highest quality model that will suit your specific needs. But like so many other types of camping equipment, there are so many different types of tent stoves on the market.
While having options is certainly a good thing, trying to figure out which one to choose can seem like a daunting task. To aid you in your quest for finding the best tent stove, we’ve taken the liberty of doing the research for you. After assessing the features of countless tent stoves and reading through endless customer reviews, we’ve narrowed down the options and have selected what we believe to be the very best models.
Now that you’ve read through our reviews of the best tent stoves, you’re probably wondering which option is the right one for you.
In order to choose the best tent stove to meet your specific needs, there are some important factors that you should consider before you start shopping. In this section of our guide, we highlight some of the key features that you should take into consideration when you’re researching the best tent stove.
Type of Fuel
First and foremost, you should consider the type of fuel the stove is designed to use. There are a few different options, including wood burning, coal burning, and propane. Some models are designed to be versatile and can use various types of fuel sources.
It’s important to consider the type of fuel the stove is made to use before you choose one so that you know what type of fuel you’ll need to make your fire.
- Wood burning is the most popular option, as wood is easy to acquire – especially when you’re out in the backwoods; however, wood burning fires do require a bit more work than fires that are fueled by other sources.
- Coal burning stoves also generate reliable fires and they don’t need to be tended to as frequently; but, you do have to make sure that you bring the coal with you, otherwise you’ll be out of luck.
- Propane stoves are the easiest of all, as the fire really doesn’t need to be tended to in order to maintain its flame; however, the downside is that you need to bring the propane with you, and this type of fuel can be pricey.
If you aren’t sure which type of fuel will be best for you, we recommend choosing a model that can accept all three sources. There are a few on our list.
Another very important factor to consider is the materials that the tent stove is made out of. A high-quality tent stove will be constructed of high-grade materials, such as stainless steel. It’s not only durable, but it can also stand up to corrosion and is lightweight, so it won’t weigh you down and will be easy to transport.
The type of materials the stove is made of also impacts safety. It should be able to resist high temperatures, otherwise the stove can start to break down and put you in a dangerous situation and expose you to serious injuries.
Whether you’re using a tent stove for camping, fishing, or hunting, portability is very important. It the stove is big and bulky, it’s going to take up a lot of room and cut down on the amount of space you have to move around inside your tent. Plus a bulky and heavy design is going to be a more challenging to move.
Look for a model that has a small footprint and that is lightweight, otherwise, instead of bringing your stove along on your camping excursions, you may end up leaving it behind.
Camp stoves come in a variety of designs. There are models that stand on feet and models that are designed to sit on the ground. Both have their advantages. Stoves that sit on feet are great because they bring the fire up off of the ground and allow for better circulation, and as such, reliable heat.
Tent stoves that sit on the ground are great because they tend to be more stable, which means there’s less risk of tipping; however, they may not circulate the heat as well as a stove that sits on legs. Consider how and where you will be using it to determine which type of tent stove will best meet your needs.
Tent stoves are intended to provide a source of portable heat; however, they can also be used for cooking, which means you won’t have to worry about bringing along a grill, too.
We recommend looking for models that can function as both a heater and a stove, as it will kill two birds with one stone and will cut down on the amount of gear you have to pack. Plus, it can also help to cut costs, as you won’t need to invest in two separate items – a stove and a grill.
Ease of Use
It goes without saying that you don’t want the tent stove you choose to be easy to use. If it’s difficult to set up and start and tend to a fire, you probably aren’t going to get much use out of it, and you’ll only end up getting frustrated.
We suggest looking for models that are easy to operate. Opt for something that doesn’t require a lot of effort to set up, take down, and clean. You’ll be a lot happier and will get a lot more use out of your stove if it’s easy to use.
Lastly, you should consider the cost of the tent stove. As can be seen from the list of stoves that we chose, they price range can vary widely. It’s a good idea to set a budget ahead of time so that you don’t end up spending more than you can comfortably afford.
Tent Stove FAQs
You probably have some questions about tent stoves, just like a lot of consumers do. In this section, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most frequently asked questions that shoppers have about tent stoves and we’ve provided answers to each of those questions so that you can make the most informed decision.
Why should I purchase a tent stove?
A tent stove is a great investment, as it provides a reliable source of warmth when you’re camping. By investing in a tent stove, your camping excursions will be a lot more comfortable, and they’ll also be safer, as the heat that the stove generates can protect you from hypothermia and frost bite, too.
Is it better to cook on a tent stove or a grill
It really depends on your specific needs and tastes; however, we strongly recommend using a camp stove for cooking, as well as for creating heat, as you won’t have to pack two invest in or pack two separate items. If you intend on using the stove for cooking, just make sure that it is designed to be used for cooking and that it comes with or that you purchase the accessories that are needed to cook.
Can tent stoves be used for other reasons besides camping?
Yes! Tent stoves can be used for tent camping, but they can also be used in other structures, such as a yurt or a cabin. In addition to camping, they can also be used for various other cold-weather outdoor activities, such as fishing and hunting. Furthermore, they can provide heat and be used for heat and as a cooking surface if the power goes out at home.
If you intend on camping or doing any other activity in cold weather, a tent stove is definitely a worthwhile investment. With the information presented in this guide, you should have enough information to purchase the best tent stove for your specific needs.