Given all of the benefits that heated jackets provide, they have becoming quite popular in recent years. In fact, Olympic athletes who perform winter sports wear them to maintain their comfort and protect their health. Because they’ve become so popular, there’s been a huge surge in options, as many manufacturers are now offering them to keep up with public demand.
While having a lot of options is certainly a good thing, so many choices can also be a bit overwhelming. So how do you go about picking the best heated jacket? Not to fear! We’ve spent hours researching dozens of different models from some of the premier manufactures. We’ve also read through countless customer reviews. Based on our assessments, we’ve narrow down the options to what we think are the top eight heated jackets.
In this guide, we provide an overview of our eight picks for the best heated jackets. We also included a buyer’s guide, which highlights some of the key features that you should take into consideration to choose the right one for you. To conclude our guide, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about heated jackets. With this information presented in this detailed guide, you should be able to find a comfortable, functional, and fashionable heated jacket that will keep you toasty and warm.
Our Top Picks
To begin our review of the best heated jackets, we’re going to spotlight our top three choices for the best overall, the best premium, and the best budget options. We know that some of our readers are pressed for time and want to find out what our best-of-the-best picks are, which is why we’re highlighting them in this section.
Without further ado, here’s a brief overview of our top three choices.
Best Pick: Ororo Men’s Soft Shell Heated Jacket
- NEAT AND TAILORED DESIGN WITH DURABLE FABRIC: Softshell fabric exterior with breathable linning ensures you don't lose any excess heat and enjoy comfortable warmth; Detachable hood is specially designed for chilly mornings and extra protection on windy days; Water and wind resistance for your unrestricted movement towards outdoor
- HEAT ACROSS BODY: 3 carbon fiber heating elements generate heat across core body areas (left & right chest, mid-back); Adjust 3 heating settings (High, medium, low) with just a simple press of the button
- QUICK AND LONG-LASTING WARMTH: Heat quickly in seconds with 7.4V UL/CE-certified battery; Up to 10 working hours; USB port for charging smartphones and other mobile devices
- FOR ALL WALKS OF LIFE AND ADVENTURES: Ideal and warm choice for you, family members, friends, employees, to enjoy outdoor activities
- Easy care: Machine washable; The heating elements and jacket construction are designed to endure 50+ machine wash cycles
For our best overall heated jacket, we choice this option from Ororo. Made of 100 percent polyester and featuring a softshell fabric exterior with a breathable liner, this jacket is built to withstand wear and move with you while keeping you nice and warm without heating you up too much.
Premium Pick: Gerbing Heated Jacket
- JACKET SIZING: This Jacket runs a bit larger than the size chart suggests. If you're on the lower end of the measurement scale shown. A size smaller is recommended.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: Suitable to be worn by riders, the jacket liner has a low profile elastic cuff for improved fit under the outer jacket. The heated apparel has a drop tailback for improved coverage while riding.
- MICROWIRE SYSTEM: The heating apparel features seven Microwire-powered heat zones – one on the collar, two on the chest, two on the sleeves and two at the back. These zones ensure even heating for ultimate comfort. The technology offers heat up to 135oF.
- 12V POWER SYSTEM: Gerbing heated liner jacket can be plugged into the power source of a motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV, boat or airplane. It keeps you warm at any temperature or at any speed.
- BATTERY HARNESS COMPATIBLE: The Gerbing heated clothing can be paired with dual-zone controllers like the Dual Controller or the Dual Bluetooth controller that features a “set it and forget it” temperature controller technology. These controllers are sold separately.
If you’re looking for a primo heated jacket and don’t mind spending a bit, than the Gerbing Heated Jacket is a great option to consider. It has a unisex design, and while it’s marketed for bikers, it can be worn for any cold-weather activity, including skiing, snowboarding, and so much more.
Budget Pick: Antarctica Lightweight Heated Jacket
- 🔥 【UPGRADED MATERIAL】: 100% Polyester, not only warm but also comfortable to touch. ANTARCTICA heated jacket guarantee comfort in cold winter. US S= Tag L; US M= Tag XL; US L= Tag XXL; US XL= Tag 3XL; US XXL= Tag 4XL
- 🔥 【CARBON FIBER HEATIING ELEMENTS】: Heat quickly in 5 seconds, 3 carbon fiber heating elements generate heat across core body areas (front and mid-back) boost your core body heat and keep you warm. In the HOT level,Up to 8 working hours for power bank 10000mAH and for 16 hours for 20000mAh
- 🔥 【THREE HEATING LEVEL】: 3 Heating leves (high, medium, and low settings). Change the heat setting of your jacket with a simple press of a button . ensures you don't lose any excess heat and enjoy comfortable warmth.
- 🔥 【PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR LIFE AND ADVENTURES】 - Ideal gift for families, friends, suits all kinds of situations especially for snowmobile, motorcycle, Mountaineering, Climbing, Hiking or Outdoor working, skiing, Fishing, Hunting against cold chilly winter.
- 🔥 【WASH&DRY SAFE】: Easy care , Machine Washable, the jacket have body protection function, when the temperature is too high, it will stop working immediately. Please take out the power bank and put the USB plug in the pocket before washing. ONE YEAR WARRANTY covered
If you’re on the market for a heated jacket that’s well-made and fashionable, but you don’t want to spend a lot, the Antarctica Upgraded USB Electric Heated Lightweight Rechargeable Heated Jacket is definitely the option we’d recommend.
Top 7 Heated Jackets
Now that we’ve given you a rundown of our top choices for the best overall, best premium, and best budget heated jackets, let’s dive in a little deeper. In this part of our guide, we take a closer look at each of the above-mentioned jackets, as well as four additional options. Each of these seven jackets are well-made, offer great features, and will be sure to keep you warm for all your cold weather adventures.
Ororo Men’s Soft Shell Heated Jacket
We picked the Oro Men’s Soft Shell Heated Jacket as our best overall pick, and for good reason: it’s so well made, super versatile, and really reliable. Made of 100 percent polyester, this jacket can withstand all types of wear, as well as the elements.
The softshell exterior features a breathable lining, so it’s comfortable and lightweight, and easily withstands wind. There are three carbon filter heating elements that provide heat located in the left and right chest as well as the middle of the back, to keep your core warm. Three heat settings can be adjusted with just the push of a button.
It comes with its own 7.4 volt UL/CE-certified battery that will provide heat for up to 10 hours; it has a USB port, too, so you can charge up your mobile devices while you’re out and about.
The detachable hood provides added protection when you need it and can be removed when you want to. While this Ororo heated jacket is advertised for men, it can be worn by both men and women, as it’s available in a wide variety of sizes, ranging from small to 3XL. It comes in two color combinations, too: black and blue or black and gold.
- Durably made and windproof
- Lightweight and breathable
- Three carbon heating elements heat the core
- Comes with a 7.4 UL/CE battery that provides up to 10 hours of power
- Heats up fast
- Easy to care for
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Comes in two color combinations
- A few customers said that it ran a big large
Gerbing Heated Jacket Liner
While it’s a heated jacket liner, we chose this Gerbing design as our pick for the best premium heated jacket because it’s so well made and offers such incredible heat.
It’s made of lightweight, yet durable materials, so it can easily fit underneath another jacket, yet it can also be worn as a stand-alone jacket and however you wear it, it won’t weigh you down With seven microwear powered heat zones – one on each side of the chest, one in the collar, one on each sleeve, and two on the back – this jacket heats up evenly and will keep your entire body warm.
The 12 volt power system can be plugged into a motorcycle, snowmobile, or ATV power source, or you can connect it to a battery harness for portability. With dual-zone controllers, including a dual Bluetooth controller with “set it and forget it” temperature technology, you can lock in the perfect temperature for you and will always be able to access that temperature every time you put the jacket on.
For your peace of mind, the heating system is backed by a lifetime replacement warranty.
- Made of durable, yet lightweight materials
- Features seven zone microware heat technology to keep your entire body warm
- Powered by a 12 volt battery
- Various temperature settings that can be adjusted with the push of a button
- Can be worn by both men and women
- Available in sizes x-small to XX-large
- Heating system is backed by a lifetime warranty
- Premium Price
Ororo Women’s Slim Fit Heated JacketThis heated jacket from Ororo is the women’s version of our pick for the best overall heated jacket. It’s also made of 100 percent polyester with a soft shell exterior and a breathable lining, so it is durable, lightweight, and easily moves with you and won’t hold you back.
Three carbon fiber heating elements are positioned in the left and right chest, as well as the middle of the back, so it will keep your core nice and warm. With three adjustable heat settings – high, medium, and low – you can easily adjust the temperature as-needed, thanks to the push-button control. The 7.4 volt UL/CE-certified batter powers the jacket and provides up to 10 hours of heat.
The battery features a USB port, too, so you can use it to charge your mobile devices. The detachable hood provides added protection from the cold and wind when you need it. Available in five sizes, ranging from small to XX-large and available in two colors – solid black and black with purple piping – you’ll be able to get the appropriate size and look for you.
To round out the benefits of this jacket, it’s also easy to care for, as the carbon fiber heating elements and materials are designed to withstand more than 50 cycles in the washing machine.
- Made of durable polyester
- Soft-shell exterior and breathable linter
- Lightweight and moves with you
- Three carbon fiber heating elements are positioned across the cor
- Powered by a 7.4 volt UL/CE-certified battery with a USB port
- Three heat settings that can be adjusted with the push of a button
- Detachable hood
- Two color choices and dive size option
- Machine washable
- A few customers said that this jacket didn’t keep them as warm as they thought it would
Ororo Heated Hoodie with Battery Pack
Also made by Ororo, this heated hoodie is a bit lighter and sportier than the other two options from the manufacturer that are featured in our review. Made of a blend of 44 percent cotton and 56 percent polyester and featuring a fleece liner, it’s more like a sweatshirt than a jacket or coat.
The combination of the materials and the relaxed fit make it extremely comfortable and casual. Like the other Ororo heated jackets we’ve mentioned, this one also features three carbon fiber heating elements, which are positioned over the left and right chest, as well as the middle of the back.
There are also three adjustable heat settings that you can switch between high, medium, and low with just the push of a button. As is standard with Ororo, this casual jacket is powered by a 7.4 volt UL/CE certified battery with a USB port, so it heats up quickly and provides up to 10 hours of warmth. The attached hood provides an added layer of protection from the wind and cold, and the dual front pockets offer plenty of space for your hands or to store essential items, like a pair of gloves or your smartphone.
This Ororo heated sweatshirt jacket is slim enough to fit underneath a lighter weight jacket and it’s time to wash it, just toss it into the washing machine, as it can endure more than 50 washes. Available in two colors – dark gray and black – and in sizes small through 3XL, you’ll be able to find the perfect fit and style for you.
- Made of 44 cotton and 56 percent polyester
- Casual style and relaxed fit
- Features three carbon fiber heating elements to keep the core warm
- Three adjustable heat settings
- Powered by a 7.4 volt UL/CE-certified battery
- Attached hood
- Spacious front pockets
- Machine washable
- Two colors and numerous size options
- Some customers said that it was thinner than they wanted it to be
Foxelli Heated Vest
If you’re looking for something to keep you warm, but you don’t want a full jacket, then the Foxelli Heated Vest may be a good choice for you. Since it’s a vest, there aren’t any bulky arms to get in your way, so you’ll have a bit more flexibility.
It’s made of durable materials that can easily withstand the wind and water, so you’ll stay nice and comfortable in all types of weather. The interior heating system consists of four carbon fiber heating elements, which are positioned in the collar, on the back, and along the front core.
There are three adjustable heat settings that you can change with just the push of a button to achieve the ideal level of comfort. It heats up fast, too, taking only about three minutes to generate heat. This heated vest comes complete with a power charger and a power bank, too, and is available in three sizes: medium, large, and XL.
There’s a detachable hood, too, so you can have an extra layer of protection when you need it or remove it when you don’t. It’s easy to care for too, as it can be a machine washed.
- Durable and lightweight
- Sporty vest-style
- Detachable hood
- Four carbon fiber heating pads provide heat across the core
- Heats up quickly and stays warm for up to 8 hours
- Comes with a power cord and power bank
- Backed by a 120 day money back guarantee
- Affordably priced
- Not a full jacket
Venture Heat Women’s Down Heated JacketThis down-filled heated puffer jacket will be sure to keep you nice and warm for all of your cold-weather activities. Filled with 100 percent down and featuring 20 percent larger heating carbon fiber heating pads, this jacket is soft, yet incredibly warm.
The two zone heating controls can be operated independently, with each zone offering high, medium, and low settings, so you can have one zone turned on and one turned off or one turned to a higher setting than the other, making this jacket extremely versatile.
Powered by a 7.4 volt 52 mAh power kit with charger, you’ll have reliable heat for up to eight hours. The included battery features a USB port, too, so you can charge up your phone or any other smart device.
The puffer-style design is the perfect combination of trendy and classic, and because it’s machine washable, this jacket is really easy to maintain.
- Attractive puffer-style design
- Features large heating pads that heat up past
- Two zone temperature control that can be adjusted with a push-button control
- Comes with a 7.4 volt 5200 mAh power kit with charger
- Machine washable
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Premium Price
Ororo Heated Parka Jacket
Rounding out our list of the best heated jackets is another option from Ororo. The parka-style extends down over the bottom and thigh, and the Thermolite insulation will ensure that you are always comfortable and warm, wherever you go.
A detachable faux fur lined hood adds to the look and the warmth of the jacket. Coated with a durable water repellent finish, this parka can easily stand up to all types of weather and will keep you warm and dry.
There are three carbon fiber heating elements positioned across the left and right chest, as well as the middle of the back, so this jacket will keep the core of your body warm, and thanks to the length, that heat will radiate down to the lower part of the body, for all-over warmth.
The powerful battery can hold up to 10 hours of heat on a single charge, so you’ll never be caught out in the cold.
- Made of durable polyester material
- Features Thermolite insulation
- Three carbon fiber heating elements keep the core warm
- Three adjustable heat settings
- Exterior is treated with durable water repellent
- Detachable faux-fur lined hood
- Offers up to 10 hours of warmth
- Machine washable
- Available in sizes small through XX-large
- A few users said it was thinner than they wanted it to be
Other Best Selling Options
- STYLISH DESIGN WITH BREATHABLE FABRIC: Soft shell fabric exterior with fleece lining ensures you don't lose any excess heat and enjoy comfortable warmth; Detachable hood is specially designed for chilly mornings and extra protection on windy days; Slim-fit design relieves you of worrying about bulkiness.
- HEAT ACROSS BODY: 3 carbon fiber heating elements generate heat across core body areas (left & right chest, mid-back); Adjust 3 heating settings (High, medium, low) with just a simple press of the button.
- QUICK AND LONG-LASTING WARMTH: Heat quickly in seconds with 7.4V UL/CE-certified battery; Up to 10 working hours; USB port for charging smartphones and other mobile devices.
- FOR ALL WALKS OF LIFE AND ADVENTURES: Ideal and warm choice for you, family members, friends, employees, to enjoy outdoor activities.
- NO WORRIES AT ALL: Machine washable. The carbon fiber heating elements and jacket construction are designed to endure 50+ machine wash cycles.
- ToughShell Stretch Polyester delivers 5X Longer Life and wind/water resistance FreeFlex Mobility Gussets provide enhanced mobility.
- Washer and dryer safe Up to (8) hours of run-time with M12 REDLITHIUM 2.0 Compact Battery Pack.
- Battery Included. Compatible with all M12 REDLITHIUM Batteries and all M18 REDLITHIUM 1 Year Limited Warranty
- High loft insulation to trap heat (3) outer zip pockets, (1) inner zip pocket, (1) low-profile battery pocket.
- One-touch LED controller with (3) heat settings per heat zone (chest and back zone can be adjusted independently of front hand pocket zone). Adjustable cuffs and waist with drop tail extended back.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & BREATHABLE FABRIC-Breathable ultra light material, water-resistant coating, comfortable nylon fabric and hem seal in warmth. It has excellent windproof and warm-keeping quality, ensure you be able to enjoy exceptional warmth while still maintaining your peak performance in many ways with unrestricted movement!
- SMART HEAT ACROSS BODY- Heat quickly in seconds, 4 carbon fiber heating elements generate heat across core body areas (left & right abdomen, collar & mid-back); Adjust 3 heating settings (High, medium, low) with just a simple press of the button.
- 2021 UPDATED DESIGN - New SILVER mylar thermal Lining is skin-friendly, best POLY HEAT SYSTEM, ensures you don't lose any excess heat and enjoy more warmth than other heated linings on the market. HEAT UP TO 12 WORKING HOURS with certified Venustas 10000mAh battery, USB port for charging smart phones and other mobile devices.
- PREMIUM QUALITY- High quality hardware & waterproof YKK zippers, easy access pockets plus a detachable hood is specially designed for chilly mornings and extra protection on windy days. Ideal Christmas gift for family members, friends, employees.
- MACHINE WASHABLE - Package include 1 * unisex heated apparel, 1* battery pack and 1* WATERPROOF bag. If for any reason, you are unhappy with our Heated clothing, please contact us and we will refund you without any questions.
- 5 heating zones Design: The heat power generates through front chest, mid-back and hand warmers. Heat up quickly and easily.
- Selectable heat setting can independently control hand warmer and body warmer heat elements. Ideal for different heat demand.
- The added layer can lock internal heat to increase internal temperature. All-round heat in chilly winter that Ptahdus can give you.
- Comparing with other heat jacket, Ptahdus can provide quickly-heat function and heat up your body quickly. Up to 8 hours of running time in Low setting.
- Machine washable; Covered by SIX MONTHS WARRANTY. Any problems, just contact us.
- 30% LARGER HEATING AREAS - Venustas 2020 newest heated jacket features 30% larger heating panels compared with others on the market. Ultra-thin carbon fiber heating elements generating heat across the left& right shoulders, back and left& right bust for core-body warmth. Adjust 3 heating settings (High, medium, low) with just a simple press of the button
- 10 HOURS RUNTIME-Fast heating in seconds with 7.4V 6000mAh certified battery. Operates up to 8-10 hours (low), 5-6 hours (med), 3 hours (high)on a single charge
- New SILVER MYLAR THERMAL LINING-Best POLY HEAT SYSTEM, ensures you don't lose any excess heat and enjoy more warmth. Heat resistant and heated clothing safe
- FAST PHONE CHARGING-Charge your phone and smart devices from Venustas battery's USB port. Convenient for all activities and Ideal gift for family members, friends, employees
- MACHINE WASHABLE-Washer and dryer safe. Package include 1 * Women's heated jacket, 1* battery pack and 1* WATERPROOF bag
Heated Jackets Buyer’s Guide
There’s nothing better than hitting the slopes and feeling the cold rush on your face as you soar down those hills; except, that is, when the cold rush extends past your face and encompasses your entire body.
Even if you love the cold, you have to admit that there’s nothing worse than being bone-chillingly cold.
When the frigid temps of Old Man Winter start rolling in, don’t let them send you running back inside. There’s a way that you can beat the cold before it even sets in. How? – By investing in a heated jacket!
A heated jacket, as the name suggests, is specifically designed for cold-weather activities, including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, tobogganing , and well, pretty much any other activity you enjoy doing in the cold. These jackets are made of specialized materials and wires are sewn between layers of the fabric.
The wires are attached to a portable rechargeable battery back, which send a low charge of electrical energy through them, thus heating them up. As the wires heat up, so does the jacket. Needless to say, with a heated jacket, you can enjoy long stretches out in the coldest of temps without having to worry about freezing. In addition to preventing you from becoming uncomfortable, a heated jacket can also protect you from hypothermia, a serious condition that has the potential to be life-threatening.
Now that we’ve taken a look at our picks for the seven best heated jackets on the market, you’re probably wondering which one you should choose. In order to determine which jacket will best meet your needs, you need to take a few important factors into consideration. In this section of our guide, we highlight some of the most crucial factors that you should think about before you decide which heated jacket to choose.
Heated jackets are made of technical fabrics, which provide insulation, prevent abrasion, and offer resistance to the heating elements that are embedded within them. When you’re shopping for a heated jacket, make sure that it is made of high-quality fabrics that are safe for wear and won’t have a negative reaction with the heating elements inside, otherwise you could end up in a sticky situation.
Don’t just assume that all heated jackets are made of safe materials; read the labels or the manufacturer’s description. Look for options that are made of polyester, as this material is designed to both retain heat and stand up to the heat produced by the elements inside.
Of course, you also want to consider the heating that the jacket provides. There are two components that you’ll want to consider: the elements that are used and the degree of heat that they produce. The best heated jackets feature carbon fiber heating elements.
These elements do not produce live electrical current, are lightweight, and can withstand machine washing. Steel plates are another option; however, they are heavier and they make the jacket more delicate, as they can only be washed by hand.
In addition to the type of heating elements that the jacket features, you’ll also want to consider the placement of the elements and the degree of heat that they produce. Ideally, you should choose a jacket that has elements that are located over the core of the body – the left and right chest, as well as the mid-back.
If the core is warm, the rest of the body will remain warm; hence why looking for a jacket that features heating elements that are positioned in the core area is your best bet. You can also look for additional heating elements, such as in the arms and around the neck, which will provide added warmth.
Additionally, consider whether or not the heat levels of the jacket can be adjusted; most heated jackets can be adjusted using a push-button controller to adjust the temperature from low to medium to high.
Battery and Voltage
Heated jackets are powered by batteries or can be charged up. Make sure you consider the battery power and the voltage level, as these features will indicate how much power the jacket will have and how long you can expect the jacket to generate heat. The higher the voltage, the longer the heating elements will run.
You’ll also want to consider the style of the heated jacket. Like any other type of jacket, heated jackets are available in a variety of styles. Consider the look that you like, as well as the function of the jacket.
For instance, if you want something that can fit underneath another jacket, opt for something that’s thinner and lighter weight, or if you are looking for a more relaxed look and don’t plan on wearing another jacket, you may want to consider something that’s thicker and has a more “trendy” design, such as a puffer- or sweatshirt style.
It’s also a good idea to consider the features that the jacket offers. Pockets are an important feature. Consider their placement and size, as well as the number available. If the pockets are small and have narrow openings, they probably aren’t going to be very useful.
If you want to be able to use the pockets – whether to hold your hands or a pair of gloves (or anything else you want to keep nearby) – look for something that has larger pockets with wide openings that are easy to access.
Another feature to consider is a hood. Hoods provide another degree of protection from the wind and cold, so if that’s important to you, make sure you opt for a jacket that comes equipped with either a detachable or attached hood. Personally, we like detachable hoods, as they give you more flexibility; in other words, you can take the hood off and put it on as-needed.
Heated Jacket FAQs
To round out our review of the best heated jackets, we wanted to provide you with answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that consumers tend to have about these handy, high-tech jackets.
How do heated jackets work?
Heated jackets are outfitted with heating panels that are placed between the fabric that the jackets are constructed out of. The panels can be made of carbon fiber or steel plates. They’re situated in key areas around the jacket that will increase your warm; typically over the core – the left and right chest, as well as the back. They heating panels can be controlled by a battery or a separate control.
Are heated jackets safe?
Yes, heated jackets that are made by reputable manufacturers are safe to use. The materials used are durable and can stand up to excessive heat, and the heating elements don’t generate an electrical charge. Additionally, they are manufactured in such a way that they won’t catch fire. As an additional level of security, many jackets also feature safety features that automatically turn off the heating elements when they reach a certain temperature.
Are heated jackets machine washable?
A lot are, but not all. As mentioned above, heated jackets that are made with carbon fiber heating elements are machine washable, while those that feature steel plates must be washed by hand.
If you plan on spending a lot of time outdoors in the cold weather, a heated jacket is a great investment. With the information presented in this guide, you should be able to choose the perfect heated jacket to protect you from the cold for hours on end.