Heated gloves will not only trap body heat close to your fingers; they’ll actually generate additional heat, thanks to the built-in heating elements.
There are plenty of options on the market, whether you’re looking for something to keep your hands warm while hunting, fishing, skiing, or simply enjoying the outdoors in cold weather.
Not all heated gloves operate the same, some have more emphasis on their heating capabilities but have fragile components and wiring. This makes them less useful for highly active winter sports.
Other heated gloves are built with more durability in mind, but might have a lower level of warmth compared to other units on the market.
Considering both warmth and dexterity, we took a look at some of the industry’s top heated gloves and here are our 5 Top Picks for best heated gloves.
Our 5 Best Heated Gloves Reviewed
External Battery Included
|Outdoor Research Heated Gloves|
|Zanier Aviator Heated Gloves|
|Venture Heated Gloves|
|Volt Tatra Heated Gloves|
|Global Vasion Heated Gloves|
1. Outdoor Research Lucent Heated Gloves – Best Rechargeable Battery Heated Gloves
The Outdoor Research Lucent heated gloves were designed for functionality, durability, and long battery life; focusing on winter sports or hiking in cold conditions. They include customizable low, medium, or high settings.
The outer shell is made of GoreTex, which is a very durable windproof and waterproof synthetic material. However, it is still quite breathable so your hands won’t get clammy or sweaty when things warm up.
In addition to the GoreTex inserts, they are made of a 100% nylon shell that will repel most of the moisture as well. The grip is improved with strips of goat leather on the palms. It also includes molded EVA foam knuckles.
The interior is lined with warm fleece, and they also have additional synthetic Endura Loft insulation, which will keep your hands warm and even aids in holding in the electric heat. The fleece wicks away moisture and dries quickly.
More on the Outdoor Research Lucent Heated Gloves
The batter is lithium – ion and has its own zippered compartment. According to the user’s manual, the battery will last 8 hours on low, 5 hours on medium, and 2.5 hours on high. So, if you are going to be in very cold temperatures for a long time, you may want to get an extra battery. The charging time is listed as about 2.5 hours.
The heating system is ALTI heat, which is only available in Outdoor Research products. This system includes 5.5 watts of heating power in each glove.
These electric gloves extend far up the forearm, which helps prevent the heat from escaping. This also prevents a gap from forming between the glove and coat sleeve, which will keep snow from getting in your coat. They have a nice size gauntlet that fits over the sleeve nicely and you can barely even notice that there’s a battery pack in there.
They aren’t compatible with touchscreens so you have to remove them to use your phone or camera. Outdoor Research provided a sizing chart that is quite accurate, so it should be pretty easy to find the right size.
2. Zanier Aviator Heat.GTX Heated Gloves – Heated Gloves for Skiing
The Zanier Aviators are designed to be warm but not too bulky to ensure that dexterity is not compromised.
The interior of the glove is already initially warm, but it also includes a quality heating system. The heat is provided primarily to the fingers, with a particular focus on the very tips, to ensure that the cold doesn’t cause stiffness.
The shell is goat skin with a GoreTex waterproof, breathable membrane. Four-way stretch helps with movement and flexibility. PrimaLoft insulation holds warmth in, even at high altitudes. Long, adjustable cuffs can fit over a winter coat to keep snow out.
- Lithium battery heated glove
- Gore-Tex waterproof breathable barrier
- Touch Screen Technology On Fingertip
Features of the Zanier Aviator Heat.GTX Heated Gloves
The Zanier Aviator glove’s heating system is powered by a lithium-ion battery that is very light and shock resistant. The batteries take about 7 hours to charge, which is on the longer end of the charging spectrum for heated gloves.
The glove will last almost 3 hours on it’s highest heating setting, and up to 10 hours on lower settings. These gloves also include specialized pockets which enable you to carry extra batteries, allowing for a total heat time of 20 hours if you swap out batteries.
The Aviator heated gloves feature an elasticated wrist cuff which holds the glove in place on your wrist for a comfortable fit. They also have a slight stretch that will mold to your hand, adding even more comfort to the glove. The fingertips of the index finger and thumb are touch screen compatible.
3. Venture Heat 12V Heated Gloves – Heated Gloves for Motorcycle Enthusiasts
The Venture Heat 12V heated gloves are designed to be hooked directly to a motorcycle battery. An external battery and charger can be bought separately.
They are equipped with a built-in, digital temperature controller for each glove. The heating elements are placed around the perimeter of the glove, so the heat radiates from the outside of the hand to the inside. These gloves begin to warm rather quickly.
A Dintex membrane sits over a premium Nappa leather and nylon shell, making these gloves waterproof. They are lined with fleece and include Thinsulate insulation. They are less bulkier than many other riding gloves on the market.
- Carbon fiber knuckles for maximum protection
- Water proof membrane
- Built-in temperature controller
- Touch screen capable
- Heating zones placed on the perimeter of the hand for better heated coverage
The knuckles have a carbon-fiber insert for extra protection in the event of an accident, and a built-in gel pad provides even more cushion. They can also be used as standard riding gloves and not be connected to the battery, as they are designed with high dexterity.
Further Reviewing the Venture Heat 12V Heated Gloves
They are also touchscreen compatible. However, the conductive fibers seem to be a little finicky and can wear down rather quickly.
The Venture Heat 12v has the added safety feature of turning off if the motorcycle is putting out more than 14 volts. Some motorcycles typically have an output higher than 14 volts, so it is recommended that you check your vehicle’s specifications before you buy. Also, motorcycles may put out more than 14 volts when they are first started, so the manufacturer advises connecting the gloves after the motorcycle is turned on.
The gloves are not fully waterproof and will soak through after a short time in the rain. This could also cause a slight electric shock to the fingers when the lining of the glove gets wet.
4. Volt Heat Tatra 7V Heated Gloves – Waterproof Heated Work Gloves
The Volt Tatra gloves are both durable and functional. They have a nylon outer layer with a soft leather palm for extra comfort. The Tatra is a great option for motorcyclists as they are dexterous and can withstand various weather conditions.
They are equipped with a highly waterproof and breathable Aquatex membrane, so your hands stay warm and dry in extreme conditions. They have a fair bit of insulation and are pretty warm even without using the heat function, which also aids in trapping the heat when the unit is turned on.
- BATTERIES INCLUDED: Includes two powerful 7.4v 2200mah rechargeable lithium batteries, and a dual charger. Simply charge the batteries, connect to the gloves and enjoy hours of warmth.
- HEAT ON COMMAND: Four power level settings allowing you to select your desired heat output. Highest setting provides 2 hours of heat while the lowest setting provides 8 hours
- POWER HEATING: The gloves warm the entirety of BOTH sides of your hands, including the length of each individual finger, including the thumb as well as the back and palm of the hand with 4 power level settings.
- USA-DEVELOPED: Designed, developed and shipped from right here in the USA. Our company was founded in the Pacific Northwest with a commitment to help people stay warm. You won’t have to guess what you’ll get with Volt products.
- SIZING: Measure completely around the knuckles in inches to determine your size.
The battery pack is located on the back of the hand and is super lightweight and compact. The heat warms up to 150°F at the highest setting and includes 4 temperature settings for versatility. They come with two 7.4V 2200mAh batteries and a charger.
The heat will last for 2+ hours on the highest heat setting and 8+ hours on the lowest setting. The cuff can be pulled over you jacket sleeve and tightened further, by pulling the drawstring, to further keep out air and moisture. Overall, they are a great glove for high energy activities in cold weather and even handling snow.
5. Global Vasion Battery Heated Gloves – Cheapest Heated Gloves
Global Vasion 7.4V heated gloves are a great, warm option if you are on a budget and don’t want to break the bank for a pair of gloves.
The outer shell is synthetic with leather overlays for grip and durability. The interior lining is a breathable cotton blend and is pretty well insulated. The stitching is tight and strong and all of the zippers and buckles are durable as well.
The heating elements are located on the back of the hand and all the way to the fingertips for all-over warmth. The wrists are elasticized for a custom fit with a medium-sized gauntlet. There is no drawstring so you can’t tighten it around the outside of your sleeve, but you can tuck it under.
- VERY FUNCATIONAL: HEATED WATERPROOF WIND RESIST GLOVES design with heating function, this electric glove makes cold hand warmer gloves
- 3 LEVEL TEMPERATURE CONTROL BUTTON: let you choose your favorite temperature at any time
- 2PCS 7.4V BATTERIES INCLUDED: The combination of electronic technology and soft cotton material allows us to experience infrared temperature simultaneously environmentally friendly and comfortable
- WITH CHARGER FOR BATTERIES HEATED GLOVES: Bring these heated gloves, pass the warmth, pass the love, you and your family deserve it.
- FOR EXTREAM COLD WHETHER GLOVES: If you work in the cold, or if you want to take a walk in the winter, this glove will be your loyal partner.Lining is warm yet lightweight, powerful yet thin comfortable for Palm
The company states that the battery will last about 2 hours on high, 3 to 4 hours on medium, and 4 to 5 hours on low. There is a color-coded LED indicator light on the gloves that indicates what level the temperature is set. The temperature ranges from 104°F on low to 150°F on high.
The batteries have their own zippered pockets on top of the wrists, so it is very easy to get them in and out. These gloves are only slightly waterproof and will absorb a little bit of water in heavy rain or snow. They might not be the best option for work gloves where you will be handling snow, or working in wet conditions. They are not touch-screen compatible.
Other Best Selling Options
- 🔥🔥🔥What’s in Package:1 pair of heated gloves/2 battery Boxes(No battery included)/1*using manual,battery boxes provided in package are suitable for AA batteries,and the heating effect of this 4.5 heated gloves depends on the battery using,highly recommend use the rechargeable li-ion batteries,the heating effect will be better.Please do not use batteries over 4.5V,otherwise will damage the gloves heating element.Coated with conductive leather on forefinger for touchscreen.
- 🔥🔥🔥Large Heating Area:The heating area of 4.5V heated gloves are mainly on the palm and back of hands,after heating up,the warmth can spread to the entire hands.The heating effect is not very powerful enough to struggling under zero and so on extremely weather,if you need more powerful heated gloves,please choose our heated gloves with 3.7V li-po batteries.
- 🔥🔥🔥Premium Material with Cozy Temperature:Made from high quality spandex fabric cotton,this 4.5V heated gloves can provide warmth to some extend even do not use the batteries to turn on the heat settings.If you need to promote the blood circulation and relief cold hands pains,recommend use rechargeable li-ion batteries,thus the relief pain function will be better.With Non slip palm grip,convenient hook,adjustable elastic wrist band,using waterproof and windproof coating.
- 🔥🔥🔥Wide Application:This 4.5V heated gloves are great for all indoor outdoor activities like motorcycling,hunting,skiing,snowboarding,snowmobiling,bicycling,ice-fishing,hiking,walking the dogs,hunting,Snow Plowing,Mountaineering etc.Perfect winter thermal gloves are ideal gifts for men&women,such as your lover, parents,friends,the elderly etc.Enjoy warmth with others is so glad Choose us,choose warmth and healthy.
- 🔥🔥🔥Best Gifts Ideas Ever in Winter:This 4.5V heated gloves are best gifts ideas for Christmas,Father’s Day,Mother’s Day,Valentine’s Day,Thanks Giving,Halloween,Teacher’s Day,there is nothing more important than winter warmth and health.Choose the best Gifts heated gloves to your beloved one:Father/Mother/Grandpa/Grandma/Colleagues/Elder/Teacher/Boss,etc.
- 【Uniform heating & anti-bending double-layer heating wire】Heated gloves for men women use a double layer of composite fiber material heating wire, and covered with a layer of high temperature resistant TPU material, compared to ordinary heated gloves have strong tensile strength, safety, the advantages of more uniform heating, solve the problem of uneven heating of many winter gloves, ideal for those of us suffering from arthritis, Raynaud's disease, so that our hands are warmer in winter.
- 【Windproof and waterproof & moisture-wicking and quick-drying】 Heated gloves for men women rechargeable waterproof outer layer is made of windproof and water repellent material, heated gloves liners are breathable and comfortable wool material, with moisture wicking and quick drying function, bringing comfort and warmth to hands in the cold winter. winter gloves get rid of the heavy burden of other gloves, suitable for work, outdoor riding, hiking, hunting and all other activities.
- 【Extra-long standby & 3-step temperature adjustment】Rechargeable heated gloves use a 2200mAh 7.4V ternary plus cobalt battery that has received FCC/UL/CE approval, better discharge efficiency than ordinary lithium batteries at low temperatures,allowing battery heated gloves to work for up to 2.5-7 hours and meet the needs of hand warm down to -20°C. Men women heated gloves can provide 3 levels of temperature adjustment and power alert, so you can easily grasp the power and temperature.
- 【Touch screen & wear-resistant & non-slip】Heated gloves use conductive PU on the thumb and index finger, which has stronger abrasion resistance and touchscreen performance than ordinary conductive cloth, so you can easily touch the screen of your phone and iPad without taking off the touchscreen gloves in the cold winter. There are 5 layers of non-slip material on the palm of the hand, good anti-slip and will not appear sticky, whether for Ski Work Golf Hiking or driving, you can easily manage.
- 【Warranty service and professional customer service】Our MATKAO brand has been adhering to the customer first, all our mens and womens heated gloves have professional after-sales service. We will provide warranty service and professional customer service guidance for your winter heated gloves, any problem we will solve for you, welcome your email.
- Durable and Warmer Material: winter warm gloves are made of premium PU leather and Thicken Fleece. PU leather in full palm of cold weather gloves is effectively anti-slip, easily grip things and abrasion resistance; Thicken fleece lining with superior warmth is moisture wicking and breathable, keep your hands warm but sweat free
- Waterproof: TPU waterproof layer is sewn in special way in thermal gloves. Thermal insulated gloves can keep your hand warm always even in light rain or snow while you are working or doing sports in -30℉; with Double Shirred Elastic Wrist, keep winter ski gloves closed around your hands and keep snowmelt and cold wind out
- Sensitive Touchscreen: coated conductive material on index finger, you can operate your phone, ipad, smart watch and other panel anywhere and anytime without taking warm gloves off
- Multi Occasion: women/men winter gloves are perfect for cycling, riding, hiking, driving, skiing, running, climbing, snowboarding, shoveling in winter. Thermal insulated fleece gloves is a must winter accompany for outdoor sports or working.
- No risk to buy: Cevapro winter thermal gloves provide 12 months and 7/24 hours friendly customer services. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us, we will reply you in 24H
- Terrific Heated Gloves: This glove is a rechargeable heated gloves.Windproof, waterproof, breathable, warm, health care.This rechargeable heating glove can heat up quickly and evenly!!!
- High-Quality Fabric: The heating gloves are made of 100% polyester knitted composite TPU film, which is waterproof, non-slip, durable and breathable. Powered by 4000 mAh Li-Polymer battery, it can provide you with up to 6 hours of long-lasting warmth.
- 3 Heating Settings: The battery heating gloves have 3 heating levels (high, medium, and low), which can achieve a custom balance between the required heat and the required working time. You can adjust the most comfortable temperature (100-150°F) according to your needs.
- Wide Application: The rechargeable heated glove is suitable for a variety of outdoor sports, such as motorcycles, hunting, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, biking, ice fishing, hiking, dog walking, hunting, snow removal, mountaineering.
- Warm Winter: This rechargeable heated glove is very suitable for all indoor and outdoor activities. If you want to enjoy the warm winter, It will not disappoint you! ! !
- 🔥【Safer & Longer】 WASOTO 7.4V 3000mAh rechargeable lithium battery enables the gloves to provide up to 8 hours of warmth on a low battery (full charge). The rechargeable hand warmers have overheat protection and come with UL,FCC,RoHS,CE certified batteries to keep you warmer and safer at the same time.
- 🔥【Touchscreen & Waterproof】 The sensitive touch screen function of your thumb and index finger allows you to use any electronic device in the cold winter without taking off your gloves.The palm part is made of superfine fiber material,which is more wear-resistant and non-slip.In addition,our warm electric heated winter gloves are breathable,waterproof and windproof,and keep your hands dry and comfortable during skiing, ice fishing,hiking,cycling and other sports.
- 🔥【Unique & Thoughtful Design】 Our ergonomic-design heating gloves fits the hands perfectly even during sports.The switch panel is easy to operate,adding the unique battery power display and low battery power warning function.You can quickly know the battery status of your gloves in any outdoor sports at any time.
- 🔥【Warmer & More comfortable】 7 layers of high-quality materials,30K super-tough double-row heating wire.The heating area covers the entire back of hand,from the fingers to the fingertips.The battery bag using diving cotton has a good temperature lock function,which extends the battery life.Velvet lining is comfortable to wear with warmth performance upgrade.Our heated winter gloves are suitable for all cold hands in winter,including arthritis and Raynaud's syndrome.
- 📧【Service & Warranty】We provide you with the best products and customer service (7*24 Hours).Our electric gloves have a 12-month warranty.If you have any questions about our products,please contact us through Amazon's Message function.
Heated Gloves Buyer’s Guide
The most important step is to decide how you will use them. If you don’t know what features you need, it will be hard to find the right pair. Think about what activities you do in cold weather.
Will you be using them for sports-related activities and in need of gloves specifically designed to be compatible with outdoor activities such as skiing or snowboarding?
If you have circulation problems, you may want to be sure the heating elements go all the way down to the fingers. Do you need gloves that focus on high durability and extended warranties?
Will you be riding a motorcycle and need a bike hook-up cable?
Whatever your needs may be, make sure you consider all the factors before deciding on a particular pair of gloves.
Consider The Costs
As with most products, you generally get what you pay for when it comes to heated gloves. As the price goes up, so does the quality of materials and construction. However, some of the more expensive gloves may include features that are unnecessary for your needs. If that’s the case, you may want to consider a less expensive pair.
Just make sure that they are not so cheap that they will fall apart very quickly. Pay attention to how they are constructed, as this can be the deciding factor in how long they last.
It may actually be more economical to pay a little extra for a better pair. If you buy a cheap pair they only last one season, next year you’re either going to have to buy another one again or shell out for the better gloves.
Accurate sizing is especially important when buying electric gloves because if they are too large, the heating elements will not have enough contact with the skin to keep your hands as warm as they were initially designed. Obviously, any gloves that are too small are uncomfortable and difficult to put on and take off. Check the feedback from other customers regarding size and fit to see if they run big or small.
Some battery-powered gloves last longer than others. Consider how much time you usually spend outside in cold weather when shopping for heated gloves.
If you’re only going to be outside for 2 hours or less at one time, you don’t need to worry too much about battery life. However, if you want to spend all day cross-country skiing or hiking, you may want to consider a pair of electric gloves with a long-lasting battery. Or, you may want to buy extra batteries.
Check the charging length of the batteries as well. Most companies have this information in the user manual or on their website. Some batteries can take 8 hours or more to charge and are not ideal if you only have a couple hours to wait inside while they charge. You will either need extra batteries or quick-charging batteries.
Ready to Buy Your First Pair of Heated Gloves?
Just remember to consider your needs and your lifestyle when choosing your perfect pair of heated gloves. Don’t try and cut costs and end up being left out in the cold, but don’t overspend for unnecessary features on the other hand.
If you won’t be handling snow or in rainy conditions for long periods of time, you can get by with a pair of gloves that don’t focus on heavy-duty waterproofing.
However, if you will be working in changing conditions or riding motorcycles through various climates, you will want to consider options that not only heat your hands but also provide durable protection from water.
Batter life and charging time are the most important factor to consider when looking at heated gloves. You can only utilize them as long as they are charged, so be sure to go with an option that will give you the longest heated time, especially if you will be out in the cold for extended periods of time.