Heated gloves will not only trap body heat close to your fingers; they’ll actually generate additional heat, thanks to the built-in heating elements.
There are plenty of options on the market, whether you’re looking for something to keep your hands warm while hunting, fishing, skiing, or simply enjoying the outdoors in cold weather.
Not all heated gloves operate the same, some have more emphasis on their heating capabilities but have fragile components and wiring. This makes them less useful for highly active winter sports.
Other heated gloves are built with more durability in mind, but might have a lower level of warmth compared to other units on the market.
Considering both warmth and dexterity, we took a look at some of the industry’s top heated gloves and here are our 5 Top Picks for best heated gloves.
Our 5 Best Heated Gloves Reviewed
External Battery Included
|Outdoor Research Heated Gloves|
|Zanier Aviator Heated Gloves|
|Venture Heated Gloves|
|Volt Tatra Heated Gloves|
|Global Vasion Heated Gloves|
1. Outdoor Research Lucent Heated Gloves – Best Rechargeable Battery Heated Gloves
The Outdoor Research Lucent heated gloves were designed for functionality, durability, and long battery life; focusing on winter sports or hiking in cold conditions. They include customizable low, medium, or high settings.
The outer shell is made of GoreTex, which is a very durable windproof and waterproof synthetic material. However, it is still quite breathable so your hands won’t get clammy or sweaty when things warm up.
In addition to the GoreTex inserts, they are made of a 100% nylon shell that will repel most of the moisture as well. The grip is improved with strips of goat leather on the palms. It also includes molded EVA foam knuckles.
The interior is lined with warm fleece, and they also have additional synthetic Endura Loft insulation, which will keep your hands warm and even aids in holding in the electric heat. The fleece wicks away moisture and dries quickly.
More on the Outdoor Research Lucent Heated Gloves
The batter is lithium – ion and has its own zippered compartment. According to the user’s manual, the battery will last 8 hours on low, 5 hours on medium, and 2.5 hours on high. So, if you are going to be in very cold temperatures for a long time, you may want to get an extra battery. The charging time is listed as about 2.5 hours.
The heating system is ALTI heat, which is only available in Outdoor Research products. This system includes 5.5 watts of heating power in each glove.
These electric gloves extend far up the forearm, which helps prevent the heat from escaping. This also prevents a gap from forming between the glove and coat sleeve, which will keep snow from getting in your coat. They have a nice size gauntlet that fits over the sleeve nicely and you can barely even notice that there’s a battery pack in there.
They aren’t compatible with touchscreens so you have to remove them to use your phone or camera. Outdoor Research provided a sizing chart that is quite accurate, so it should be pretty easy to find the right size.
2. Zanier Aviator Heat.GTX Heated Gloves – Heated Gloves for Skiing
The Zanier Aviators are designed to be warm but not too bulky to ensure that dexterity is not compromised.
The interior of the glove is already initially warm, but it also includes a quality heating system. The heat is provided primarily to the fingers, with a particular focus on the very tips, to ensure that the cold doesn’t cause stiffness.
The shell is goat skin with a GoreTex waterproof, breathable membrane. Four-way stretch helps with movement and flexibility. PrimaLoft insulation holds warmth in, even at high altitudes. Long, adjustable cuffs can fit over a winter coat to keep snow out.
- Lithium battery heated glove
- Gore-Tex waterproof breathable barrier
- Touch Screen Technology On Fingertip
Features of the Zanier Aviator Heat.GTX Heated Gloves
The Zanier Aviator glove’s heating system is powered by a lithium-ion battery that is very light and shock resistant. The batteries take about 7 hours to charge, which is on the longer end of the charging spectrum for heated gloves.
The glove will last almost 3 hours on it’s highest heating setting, and up to 10 hours on lower settings. These gloves also include specialized pockets which enable you to carry extra batteries, allowing for a total heat time of 20 hours if you swap out batteries.
The Aviator heated gloves feature an elasticated wrist cuff which holds the glove in place on your wrist for a comfortable fit. They also have a slight stretch that will mold to your hand, adding even more comfort to the glove. The fingertips of the index finger and thumb are touch screen compatible.
3. Venture Heat 12V Heated Gloves – Heated Gloves for Motorcycle Enthusiasts
The Venture Heat 12V heated gloves are designed to be hooked directly to a motorcycle battery. An external battery and charger can be bought separately.
They are equipped with a built-in, digital temperature controller for each glove. The heating elements are placed around the perimeter of the glove, so the heat radiates from the outside of the hand to the inside. These gloves begin to warm rather quickly.
A Dintex membrane sits over a premium Nappa leather and nylon shell, making these gloves waterproof. They are lined with fleece and include Thinsulate insulation. They are less bulkier than many other riding gloves on the market.
- Carbon fiber knuckles for maximum protection
- Water proof membrane
- Built-in temperature controller
- Touch screen capable
- Heating zones placed on the perimeter of the hand for better heated coverage
The knuckles have a carbon-fiber insert for extra protection in the event of an accident, and a built-in gel pad provides even more cushion. They can also be used as standard riding gloves and not be connected to the battery, as they are designed with high dexterity.
Further Reviewing the Venture Heat 12V Heated Gloves
They are also touchscreen compatible. However, the conductive fibers seem to be a little finicky and can wear down rather quickly.
The Venture Heat 12v has the added safety feature of turning off if the motorcycle is putting out more than 14 volts. Some motorcycles typically have an output higher than 14 volts, so it is recommended that you check your vehicle’s specifications before you buy. Also, motorcycles may put out more than 14 volts when they are first started, so the manufacturer advises connecting the gloves after the motorcycle is turned on.
The gloves are not fully waterproof and will soak through after a short time in the rain. This could also cause a slight electric shock to the fingers when the lining of the glove gets wet.
4. Volt Heat Tatra 7V Heated Gloves – Waterproof Heated Work Gloves
The Volt Tatra gloves are both durable and functional. They have a nylon outer layer with a soft leather palm for extra comfort. The Tatra is a great option for motorcyclists as they are dexterous and can withstand various weather conditions.
They are equipped with a highly waterproof and breathable Aquatex membrane, so your hands stay warm and dry in extreme conditions. They have a fair bit of insulation and are pretty warm even without using the heat function, which also aids in trapping the heat when the unit is turned on.
- BATTERIES INCLUDED: Includes two powerful 7.4v 2200mah rechargeable lithium batteries, and a dual charger. Simply charge the batteries, connect to the gloves and enjoy hours of warmth.
- HEAT ON COMMAND: Four power level settings allowing you to select your desired heat output. Highest setting provides 2 hours of heat while the lowest setting provides 8 hours
- POWER HEATING: The gloves warm the entirety of BOTH sides of your hands, including the length of each individual finger, including the thumb as well as the back and palm of the hand with 4 power level settings.
- USA-DEVELOPED: Designed, developed and shipped from right here in the USA. Our company was founded in the Pacific Northwest with a commitment to help people stay warm. You won’t have to guess what you’ll get with Volt products.
- SIZING: Measure completely around the knuckles in inches to determine your size.
The battery pack is located on the back of the hand and is super lightweight and compact. The heat warms up to 150°F at the highest setting and includes 4 temperature settings for versatility. They come with two 7.4V 2200mAh batteries and a charger.
The heat will last for 2+ hours on the highest heat setting and 8+ hours on the lowest setting. The cuff can be pulled over you jacket sleeve and tightened further, by pulling the drawstring, to further keep out air and moisture. Overall, they are a great glove for high energy activities in cold weather and even handling snow.
5. Global Vasion Battery Heated Gloves – Cheapest Heated Gloves
Global Vasion 7.4V heated gloves are a great, warm option if you are on a budget and don’t want to break the bank for a pair of gloves.
The outer shell is synthetic with leather overlays for grip and durability. The interior lining is a breathable cotton blend and is pretty well insulated. The stitching is tight and strong and all of the zippers and buckles are durable as well.
The heating elements are located on the back of the hand and all the way to the fingertips for all-over warmth. The wrists are elasticized for a custom fit with a medium-sized gauntlet. There is no drawstring so you can’t tighten it around the outside of your sleeve, but you can tuck it under.
- VERY FUNCATIONAL: HEATED WATERPROOF WIND RESIST GLOVES design with heating function, this electric glove makes cold hand warmer gloves
- 3 LEVEL TEMPERATURE CONTROL BUTTON: let you choose your favorite temperature at any time
- 2PCS 7.4V BATTERIES INCLUDED: The combination of electronic technology and soft cotton material allows us to experience infrared temperature simultaneously environmentally friendly and comfortable
- WITH CHARGER FOR BATTERIES HEATED GLOVES: Bring these heated gloves, pass the warmth, pass the love, you and your family deserve it.
- FOR EXTREAM COLD WHETHER GLOVES: If you work in the cold, or if you want to take a walk in the winter, this glove will be your loyal partner.Lining is warm yet lightweight, powerful yet thin comfortable for Palm
The company states that the battery will last about 2 hours on high, 3 to 4 hours on medium, and 4 to 5 hours on low. There is a color-coded LED indicator light on the gloves that indicates what level the temperature is set. The temperature ranges from 104°F on low to 150°F on high.
The batteries have their own zippered pockets on top of the wrists, so it is very easy to get them in and out. These gloves are only slightly waterproof and will absorb a little bit of water in heavy rain or snow. They might not be the best option for work gloves where you will be handling snow, or working in wet conditions. They are not touch-screen compatible.
Other Best Selling Options
- 【Soft Breathable Material】Thin Heated gloves liner,can wear with other gloves.Made of Lycra outside, Soft and breathable on palm, electric modules using thin, soft,You can be more comfortable movement.It's a comfortable and practical thin heating glove liner great for cold weather.Hand wash or Machine wash(must put heating gloves liner into wash bag).
- 【Superior Heating Elements】Battery Heated gloves,Upgraded Far infrared fiber heating elements covers whole back of the hand,fingers and finger tips.Warmer than ordinary battery heating gloves on the market.Especially the fingertips can give you more warmth.Perfect for anyone working in the cold. Rechargeable heated gloves can be stimulate your hands blood circulation.Great for people who with Raynaud's,Arthritis,Bad Circulation ,Stiff Joints.Say goodbye to cold hands.
- 【UL/CE-certified Li-ion Batteries&Touch Sensor】Those Heated Gloves with touch screen functionality on finger will work on smart device. The heating Mitten gloves with 2 Rechargeable batteries ,Safe and effective US standard dual charger.3 heat setting and adjust the temperature easily.Heating Up to 7 Hours in Low gear.(Full Charged).add low power warning function.UL-certified large-capacity battery life for Electronics Gloves is longer and safer than ordinary 3.7v batteries on the market.
- 【Excellent warmth】Those electric gloves liners for men and women perfect for Winter outdoor indoor work, like driving,riding, fishing, walking dogs, running, Outdoor work,heating and durable.Give you warmth and comfort for a long time.Won't shock, even when wet!The battery heating gloves Include:One pair gloves, two unit 7.4V 2200mah batteries, US dual charger, portable storage bags and instructions.It’s convenient to carry around.
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】If you are not completely satisfied with Sun Will Heated thin gloves, We Will Replace It with a New One or Refund your Money back.If you have any further questions or any quality size problems ,Please contact us by email free. we will assist you ASAP within 24 hours .
- ►Heating Element:Carbon fiber heating elements covers whole back of the hand.Promote blood circulation.Reduce hand cold and Hand frostbite problem.Say goodbye to Raynaud's,Arthritis,Bad Circulation,Stiff Joints.
- ►Men Women Gloves:The electric heated gloves have 3 layers: waterproof coating fabric, breathable,heating and insulation,reinforced PU leather ( in palm & finger).High quality fabric electric gloves to get through the cold winter!
- ►Heating Temperature:35-45℃,Battery unit is light,Easy to carry.battery operated gloves,6 Batteries are needed,recommend to use AA SIZE rechargeable batteries,the heated effect will be perfect.
- ►Package Included:One pair of gloves,2 battery cases and instructions.【NO BATTERY INCLUDE!】 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.Any questions Please contact us by email.
- ►Usage:Winter outdoor sports,like cycling,motorcycling,hiking, fishing,maintaining running,climbing, skiing, hunting, walking dogs,shoveling snow, Indoor and outdoor work dual use,heating warm and durable.
- 【Super Soft Glove Liner】 Heated thin liner are made of high quality and very soft Lycra, and the inside with breathable comfort Fleece. It can absorbs moisture to keep your hands dry and warm.This thin line can wear with other gloves and not clunky at all.
- 【Long Lasting Warmth】The battery glove lines with 7.4V 2200MAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries. Large capacity battery can keep more electric and can let the heated gloves work up to 6 hours(full charged).If doing sports or work in outside long time,suggest to buy extra batteries(sold separately). Heated glove liner with 3 heat setting controller for you adjust the temperature easily.
- 【Heating Elements Covers whole back of hand and fingers】This rechargeable glove liners upgraded to use far infrared fiber heating elements covers whole back of hand and fingers.It can stimulate your blood circulation, especially good for Raynaud's disease, Arthritis, Bad Circulation, Stiff Joints and Frostbite hand people.Say bye-bye to cold hands.
- 【Quick Heated&Touch Sensor】 Those electric glove liners with touch sensors on forefinger and thumb, allows you to use your phones without taking off the gloves. Keep your hands warm and convenient to use.
- 【High Quality After Sales Service】All our heated products have perfect after sales service support. If you have any questions about quality, size, battery or charger, please e-mail us, we are ready for personally help you.
- 【BREATHABLE&WATERPROOF MATERIAL】Autocastle Electric Heating Gloves with Four Layers Special Design:Waterproof Coating Fabric+Extra Heavy Cotton+Invisibility Heat Chip+Reinforced PU leather.80% cotton+20%sponge Upgraded Lining makes the thermal heated gloves differs from Any Other Rechargeable Heated Gloves on Amazon.
- 【LARGE HEATING AREA】Autocastle 7.4V Electric Battery Heated Gloves with Li-ion Battery for Men and Women Mainly Heat Palm,Back of Hands,Small Part of Fingers.Large Heating Area Provide Hands with Enough Warm for Indoor Outdoor Sports Activities.Especially Good for People with Chronically Cold Hands to Spend Long Cold Winter Days!
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL&WIDE APPLICATION】Compact, Durable, and Versatile Electric Battery Heated Glove Can Use in a Wide Variety of Situations and Circumstances.Especially Perfect for Climbing Hiking Motorcycle Skiing Mountaineering Snowboarding Cycling and Hunting,etc.Great Relief for People with Raynaud’s Arthritis Bad Circulation&Stiff Joints,Elegant Package makes it Perfect for Gift Ideas to Family Members, Lover, Friends, Parents, Elders,Etc.
- 【TEMPERATURE ADJUSTABLE】Powered with Rechargeable 7.4V Li-ion Batteries,the temperature Can up to 150 Fahrenheit with the highest setting.Customized with 3 Heating Levels for Different Peoples’ Needs---Red/Green/Blue,this Kind of Heated Gloves can Not Only Offer Cozy Temperature with Long Lasting Using Hours,But Also Better Griping Experience.
- 【Special Notice】According to tens of thousands of investigation,Autocastle heated gloves are Perfectly Fit for Most people,But Still Please Make Sure Your Palm Width within 7-10INCH Before Ordering.Package Include: 2*gloves/2*batteries /1*charger /1* Exquisite Cardboard Box/1* using manual 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE GIVE YOURSELF AND BELOVED ONES A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE TO COLD DAYS,if you have any problems or questions,please do not hesitate to contact us,we will reply you ASAP.
- Electric Gloves Supreme Material: Gloves made of supreme quality sheep leather with index sewing and rubber padding with goat skin leather placement for palm protection. Fine quality polyester, sheep leather, rubber padding , carbon fiber knuckle protection shell. Liner is made of insulation cotton and velvet liner with water proof bag. That resists odors and the moisture wicking for the comfortable movement of hands and promote blood circulation.
- Heated Gloves for Men CE Certified: EN 13594: 2015 certified protective gloves for professional motorcycle riders. Perfect touch screen heated gloves for indoor and outdoor activities like motorcycling, work, sports, skiing, snowboarding, camping, hiking, hunting, snow fishing, cycling, skating, and as its heat effects great for blood circulation and sooth joints so its perfect for rheumatism, osteoarthritis and arthritis patients.
- Heated Gloves for Women Heating Elements: Far Infrared Heating element covers all the back of hand including finger tips for optimal heating performance with wire resistors, corrosion resistant, anti static, It starts heating within 30 seconds. These Motorcycle Heated Gloves keeps you warm and comfortable, Ergonomically designed to ensure dexterity for maximum comfort and protection of your hands. It can be stimulate your feet blood circulation, Great for arthritis patients with stiff joints.
- Heated Motorcycle Gloves IPX66 Water Proof and Wind Proof: IPX66 water proof and breathable polyester fabric with water protection bag inside the gloves. Keeps it warm even in strong cold wind, snow or stormy rain with rubber screen wiper to clean the water, snow and dust from helmet screen. Heated gloves Include pair of 7.4V 2200MAH rechargeable lithium polymer batteries lasts up to 6 hours. Long life of the batteries gives you hours of continuous warmth and comfort.
- If you have any question or problem regarding our product, Please feel free to contact us 24/7. Your 100% satisfaction is our first priority.
Heated Gloves Buyer’s Guide
The most important step is to decide how you will use them. If you don’t know what features you need, it will be hard to find the right pair. Think about what activities you do in cold weather.
Will you be using them for sports-related activities and in need of gloves specifically designed to be compatible with outdoor activities such as skiing or snowboarding?
If you have circulation problems, you may want to be sure the heating elements go all the way down to the fingers. Do you need gloves that focus on high durability and extended warranties?
Will you be riding a motorcycle and need a bike hook-up cable?
Whatever your needs may be, make sure you consider all the factors before deciding on a particular pair of gloves.
Consider The Costs
As with most products, you generally get what you pay for when it comes to heated gloves. As the price goes up, so does the quality of materials and construction. However, some of the more expensive gloves may include features that are unnecessary for your needs. If that’s the case, you may want to consider a less expensive pair.
Just make sure that they are not so cheap that they will fall apart very quickly. Pay attention to how they are constructed, as this can be the deciding factor in how long they last.
It may actually be more economical to pay a little extra for a better pair. If you buy a cheap pair they only last one season, next year you’re either going to have to buy another one again or shell out for the better gloves.
Accurate sizing is especially important when buying electric gloves because if they are too large, the heating elements will not have enough contact with the skin to keep your hands as warm as they were initially designed. Obviously, any gloves that are too small are uncomfortable and difficult to put on and take off. Check the feedback from other customers regarding size and fit to see if they run big or small.
Some battery-powered gloves last longer than others. Consider how much time you usually spend outside in cold weather when shopping for heated gloves.
If you’re only going to be outside for 2 hours or less at one time, you don’t need to worry too much about battery life. However, if you want to spend all day cross-country skiing or hiking, you may want to consider a pair of electric gloves with a long-lasting battery. Or, you may want to buy extra batteries.
Check the charging length of the batteries as well. Most companies have this information in the user manual or on their website. Some batteries can take 8 hours or more to charge and are not ideal if you only have a couple hours to wait inside while they charge. You will either need extra batteries or quick-charging batteries.
Ready to Buy Your First Pair of Heated Gloves?
Just remember to consider your needs and your lifestyle when choosing your perfect pair of heated gloves. Don’t try and cut costs and end up being left out in the cold, but don’t overspend for unnecessary features on the other hand.
If you won’t be handling snow or in rainy conditions for long periods of time, you can get by with a pair of gloves that don’t focus on heavy-duty waterproofing.
However, if you will be working in changing conditions or riding motorcycles through various climates, you will want to consider options that not only heat your hands but also provide durable protection from water.
Batter life and charging time are the most important factor to consider when looking at heated gloves. You can only utilize them as long as they are charged, so be sure to go with an option that will give you the longest heated time, especially if you will be out in the cold for extended periods of time.