If shopping for a wheeled cooler has left you scratching your head, you’ve come to the right place!
After scouring the market and reading through the descriptions of dozens of different models, we’ve narrowed down the best coolers with wheels on the market.
In this guide, you’ll find descriptions of our top picks that highlight the key features of each model.
We’ve also included a handy buyer’s guide, which details the key factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for the best wheeled cooler. After you’ve finished reading through this guide, we’re confident that you’re going to be able to find the best wheeled cooler for your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
If you’re in a rush and don’t have the time to read through our detailed reviews, this section is for you. In this section, you’ll find a brief overview of our top picks for the best overall, the best premium, and the best overall wheeled coolers.
Best Pick: Igloo 110 Quart Glide Pro Portable Large Ice Chest Wheeled Cooler
- UV inhibitors and infrared technology protect cooler against sun damage.
- Thick Ultratherm foam in body and lid provides MaxCold 5 Day performance.
- Another Igloo Industry First: Horizontal telescoping handle requires 50% less lifting effort.
- Soft-ride wheels for easy transport & smooth ride.
- Cushion grip handle for comfortable towing.
The best wheeled cooler is durable, easy to transport, and of course, will keep the stuff stored inside of it cool for a prolonged period of time. The Igloo 100 Quart Glide Pro Portable Large Ice Chest Wheeled Cooler ticks off all of those boxes. Constructed of high-grade polyethylene, it can really take a beating and will keep the contents well protected. Thanks to UV inhibitors and infrared technology, it can stand up to sun damage, too. Super thick Ultratherm foam throughout the body and lid will keep your food and beverages cool for up to a fully five days.
Premium Pick: Yeti Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler
- Rotomolded Construction makes it armored to the core and vitually indestructible
- The Haul is the first-ever YETI cooler on wheels. Perfect for taking the Tundra's legendary toughness and unmatched insulation power the extra mile
- NeverFlat Wheels – A solid, single-piece tire construction that is impact- and puncture-resistant. Note: Tundra Haul is not compatible with the dry goods basket or divider
- StrongArm Handle – A durable welded aluminum arm with comfortable grips. The curved design tracks left or right for heel-friendly towing
- Rotomolded Construction - Makes it armored to the core and virtually indestructible
Yeti is known for producing premium-quality, super reliable, and virtually indestructible coolers, so it’s no surprise that their Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler is our pick for the best premium cooler with wheels. In fact, the Tundra is Yeti’s first-ever cooler on wheels. The fatwall design features extra-thick walls that hold two inches of pressure-injected commercial-grade polyurethane foam insulation in the walls for long-lasting ice retention. The lid is infused with the same permafrost insulation, too, which further locks in its ice retention capabilities.
Budget Pick: Coleman 100-Quart Xtreme 5-Day Heavy-Duty Cooler with Wheels
- Keeps ice up to 5 days at temps up to 90°F thanks to an insulated lid and extra insulation in walls
- Heavy-Duty Wheels for Easy, Reliable Transport
- Holds 160 cans and has molded cup holders on top of lid to keep drinks close and prevent spilling
- Have-a-Seat Lid Supports Up to 250 Pounds so You Have a Place to Sit and Rest
- Leak-resistant channel drain lets you remove excess water without tilting the cooler
If you’re looking for an economically-friendly, durable, and reliable cooler with wheels, the Coleman 100-Quart Xtreme 5-Day Heavy-Duty Cooler with Wheels is an excellent choice. Coleman is another popular name in the cooler industry, and this wheeled model perfectly illustrates why. The super-insulated lid and walls offers up to five days of cooling power at temperatures up to 90 degrees F. The 100-quart size can hold up to 160 canned beverages, so there’s plenty of room to accommodate food and drinks for extended excursions or large gatherings.
The Best Coolers with Wheels
Now that we’ve taken a brief look at our top picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget coolers with wheels, let’s take a closer look. In this part of our guide, we offer a more detailed look at the best wheeled coolers, including the above-mentioned models, as well several other premium-quality models to choose from.
Igloo 110 Quart Glide Pro
Igloo is one of the most trusted manufacturers of coolers, and their Glide Pro Portable Large Ice Chest Wheeled Cooler is a testament to their reputation. The 110 quart volume offers plenty of space for lots of food and beverages.
The polyethylene construction, which is infused with UV inhibitors and infrared technology to protect the cooler from sun damage, this cooler can stand up to all types of wear and tear, including constant exposure to the harsh sun. The lid and body of the cooler is infused with thick Ultratherm foam to deliver up to five days of cooling power.
A horizontal telescoping handle requires 50 percent less lifting effort, a cushion grip handle, and soft-ride wheels, allows for easy, comfortable, smooth, and reliable transport. Stainless steel hinges are virtually indestructible and allow for reliable opening and closing.
A leak-proof channel drain on the side of the cooler makes draining accumulated water a cinch. Durable, reliable construction, easy to transport, plenty of space and long-lasting cooling power, it’s easy to see why we the Igloo 110 Quart Glide Pro Portable Large Ice Chest Wheeled Cooler is our pick for the best overall cooler with wheels.
- High-grade polyethylene construction for extremely durability
- Infused with UV inhibitors and infrared technology
- Thick Ultratherm foam and lid for MaxCold 5 Day performance
- Horizontal telescoping handle for 50 percent less lifting effort
- Cushion grip handle for comfortable towing
- Soft-rid wheels also for easy and reliable transport
- Exceptionally durable stainless steel hinges
- 110 quart capacity
- Channel drain for easy water drainage
Yeti Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler
For the best premium cooler with wheels, we chose the Yeti Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler. It’s no secret that Yeti is one of the best manufactures in the cooler industry. The name is synonymous with extreme durability and reliable cooling power, and the Tundra Haul is the first-ever Yeti cooler with wheels.
It can hold up to 45 cans of soda or beer and 55 pounds of ice (if the ration of ice to cans is 2:1), so you should be able to pack up enough food and drinks for a long weekend. The fatwall design, a trademark of the Yeti name, gives this cooler extra thick walls with two inches of polyurethane pressure-injected insulation, for long-lasting ice retention and cooling power.
With rotomolded construction creates a solid cooler with consistent thickness that’s free of weak spots that are prone to shattering and cracking, for exceptional durability and reliable cooling power. A NeverFail hinge system features two hinge pins per hinge and an interlocking design that pretty much guarantees they will never break. The T-Rex lid latches are made of rubber and patented technology to ensure the lid stays closed.
The NeverFlat wheels are impact- and puncture-resistant, which, combined with a StrongArm handle with durable welded aluminum arm with comfortable grips and a curved design that tracks left or right, allows for easy towing.
It also features LipGrip handles, which are molded into the sides of the coolers and makes it easier to carry. With such incredible durability, long-lasting cooling power, and so many awesome features, the Yet Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler is one of the highest quality coolers with wheels on the market. To further add to the appeal, it’s also available in four different colors: tan, white, navy, and coral.
- Rotomolded construction for exceptional durability
- NeverFlat impact- and puncture-resistant wheels
- StrongArm welded aluminum handle with comfort grips and curved design that tracks left or right
- Fatwall design with polyurethane injected Permafrost Insulation
- NeverFail hinge system
- LipGrip handles
- T-Rex lid latches
- Channel drain design for easy water drainage
- Available in four different colors
Coleman 100-Quart Xtreme
For budget-conscious shoppers who want a reliable cooler that offers plenty of space, yet won’t break the bank, the Coleman 100-Quart Extreme 50Day Heavy-Duty Cooler with Wheels is an excellent choice.
With enough capacity to hold up to 160 cans and a double-insulated lid and walls that has the ability to retain coldness for up to 5 days in temps that reach up to 90 degrees F, you’ll be able to keep plenty of food and drinks cold for a prolonged period of time.
The Have-a-Seat Lid can support up to 250 pounds, so the cooler doubles as an extra seat; it features four built-in cup holders, too. A rustproof, leak-resistant channel drain makes it easy to remove excess water without having the tilt the cooler. A large tow handle and never-flat wheels allows for easy toting, and two-way side handles allows for easy lifting.
The Thermozone insulation is free of CFCs, HFC, and HCFs, so it’s non-toxic, safe for your food and drinks, and safe for the environment.
- Extra-insulated walls and lid for 5 day ice retention in temps as high as 90 degrees F
- Heavy-duty never-flat wheels
- Comfortable tow handle allows for one-handed operation
- Two-way side handles for flexible and easy carrying
- Can hold up to 160 cans
- Rustproof and leaf-resistant channel drain for no-tilt easy drainage
- Thermozone insulation is free of CFCs, HFCs, and HCFs
- Have-a-Seat Lid can hold up to 250 pounds and features four built-in cup holders
- Very affordably priced
Blue Coolers Ice Vault
If you’re looking for a wheeled cooler that offers maximum ice retention, than the Blue Cooler Ice Vault is definitely an option that you’re going to want to consider. It features two inches of high-grade insulation that allow the cooler to hold ice for up to 10 days, so you’ll have reliable coldness for those extended trips.
Roto-molded construction means that the walls of this cooler are consistently thick and free of imperfections for maximum and long-lasting durability. A freezer-style gasket, no fail hinges, and a lockable bear-proof lid complete with lockdown straps ensures will keep your food and drinks reliably cold, safe, and secure.
A sure grip handle and two treated never-flat, puncture-resistant wheels make transporting this cooler a cinch. With a rapid drain system, you’ll be able to empty out any accumulated water without having to tilt the cooler.
The 50 liter capacity offers enough space to hold 46 to 48 cans of soda or beer with an 2:1 ice ratio, so there’s plenty of room to keep all of your goodies tucked inside.
- Roto-molded construction for exceptional durability
- Lined with two inches of insulation for that can retain ice for up to 10 days
- 50 liter capacity can hold up to 48 cans
- Freezer style lid gasket
- Lockable lid with lockdown straps for bear-resistance
- Non-skid feet prevent the cooler from shifting
- Sure grip handle and treaded never-flat wheels make for easy towing
- Rapid drain system drains water without having to tile the cooler
- Easy lift lid for quick and easy access
- Available in three colors: blue, charcoal gray, artic white
GiNT Rolling Cooler
Next on our list of the best coolers with wheels is the GiNT Rolling Cooler with Handle. The 53 quart capacity offers plenty of space to hold all of your essentials when you’re camping, barbecuing, hitting the beach, or tailgating.
Well-insulated walls lock in coldness for up to 36 hours in temperatures of up to 86 degrees. The exterior is made with TPE for long-lasting durability and the BAP-Free PP interior ensures your food and drinks are safe to consume.
Two durable tie-down loops can be used to strap an umbrella or picnic blanket right to the cooler and the handle can be used as a small table. Two oversized never-flat wheels allow for easy transport.
The removable lid allows for easy access and cleaning, and the lid also features built-in cup holders to keep your drinks secure. Use the hidden tray to keep your food and drinks away from dirt and sand and the suspended interior food basket will keep your items away dry.
An oversized hose compatible drain plug with a non-slip, easy-grip tethered cap allows for fast and easy drainage.
- TPE Exterior for maximum durability
- BAP-Free PP interior for safe food storage
- 53 quart capacity
- Highly insulated walls keeps temps cool for 36 hours at up to 86 degrees F
- Built-in tie-down loops
- Removable lid with built-in cup holders
- Large never-flat wheels
- Large tow handle allows for easy transport and can double as a small table
- Suspended interior food basket
- Hose compatible drain plug with non-slip, easy-grip tethered grip
- 53 quart capacity
Oniva Insulated Portable Rolling Cooler
Soft-sided coolers have their place, as they can fold down for easier storage. If you’re looking for a soft-sided cooler with wheels and don’t need a whole lot of space, the Oniva Insulated Portable Rolling Cooler on Wheels is a great choice.
It’s perfect for a day at the beach or a picnic at the park. Made of polyester canvas, this cooler is quite durable. An insulated main storage area with a removable heat-sealed, water-resistant PEVA liner will keep your food and drinks reliably cool.
A zippered front pocket is the perfect spot to store napkins, plates, cups, utensils, or condiments.
It has slip-in side pockets, too, which provide easy access to bottles. Never-flat wheels and a telescoping handle, built-in side handles and an adjustable strap give you three ways to transport this cooler. Backed by a lifetime guarantee, you can purchase the Oniva – A Picnic Time Brand Insulated Portable Rolling Cooler on Wheels with confidence.
Oh, it’s also available in two colors: navy and white strips or black. It’s affordably priced, too.
- Made of polyester canvas for durable construction
- Insulated main storage compartment with removable heat-sealed, water-resistant PEVA liner
- Zippered front pocket is ideal for storing dry goods
- Slip-in side pockets
- Never-flat wheels and integrated telescoping handle
- Built-in side handles
- Adjustable strap
- Backed by a lifetime guarantee
- Affordably priced
Igloo Trailmate Journey
With the 70 quart Igloo Trailmate Journey Cooler, you’ll have plenty of space to hold all your refreshments. An all-terrain cooler, it’s made of exceptionally durable materials and features large, aggressively treaded never-flat wheels that provide excellent traction and can easily navigate over all kinds of terrains, including grass, sand, rocks, and wooded trails.
The addition of aluminum stands, which also feature aggressive non-slip treads, ensure exceptional grip on all types of surfaces when they cooler is sitting flat, so you won’t have to worry about the cooler slipping and sliding if the surface isn’t perfectly flat. It can hold up to 112 12 ounce cans, and thanks to the Ultratherm Technology that’s build into the body and lid, combined with patented Cool Riser technology, it will keep your refreshments reliably cold for a long time.
The marine-grade aluminum and rotomold construction ensure reliable durability that can withstand the most rugged conditions. Thanks to the glide handle, which also doubles as a butler tray, allows you to either push or tow the cooler, and makes toting the load up 50 percent easier.
The handle is telescopic, adjustable, and locks in place, too. It also features a modular butler tray with a gripped surface and two built-in cup holders, can be placed right on top of the handle and stored underneath the cooler when you aren’t using it. A dry storage bin on the inside is the perfect place to keep napkins, utensils, or even your wallet or electronics, as they won’t get wet.
There’s an expansive storage pocked right underneath the dry storage bin, too. Other notable features include a mobile device stand, two built-in bottle openers, cup holders, and tie-down loops.
- Comprised of marine-grade aluminum
- Features Ultratherm insulation and patented Cool Riser technology to ensure long-lasting coldness
- Rotomolded construction for extreme durability
- Large never-flat, non-slip grip wheels
- Telescopic, adjustable, and lockable handle that doubles as a tray
- Equipped with dry storage compartments
- 70 quart capacity can hold up to 112 12 ounce cans
Other Best Selling Options
- XTREME TECHNOLOGY: Insulated lid and extra wall insulation keep ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F
- HIGH CAPACITY: Holds up to 95 cans
- HEAVY-DUTY WHEELS: Effortless rolling over any terrain
- HAVE-A-SEAT LID: Closed lid supports up to 250 lb.
- CUP HOLDERS: Molded into the lid to keep drinks close and prevent spilling. Low CO2 insulation for reduced carbon emissions from foam manufacturing
- FULLY INSULATED: Lid and body Keeps the Ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F
- FOR THE LONG HAUL: Heavy-duty 6-inch wheels and durable tow & swing-up handles designed for easy transport
- CUP HOLDERS WITH DRAIN: Molded into the lid to keep drinks from spilling; fit up to a 30-oz. tumbler
- Have-A-Seat LID: Closed lid supports up to 250 lbs.
- STAIN-RESISTANT LINER: For easy cleanup; leakproof channel drain plug
- Xtreme Technology; Insulated lid and extra wall insulation keep ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F
- High capacity: Holds up to 84 cans
- Heavy-duty wheels: Effortless rolling over any terrain
- Have-a-seat lid: Closed lid supports up to 250 pounds
- Cup holders: Molded into the lid to keep drinks close and prevent spilling
- Made of the highest quality materials
- Camping Coolers
- Another quality Coleman product
- Wheeled cooler box ideal for camping trips, tailgating parties, and picnics
- Telescoping handle and heavy-duty wheels for easy, reliable transport across almost any terrain
- 50-quart capacity holds up to 84 cans
- Insulated lid and walls provide 5 full days of ice retention at temperatures up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cup holders molded into the lid for easy access to beverages
Coolers With Wheels Buyer’s Guide
Whether you’re a regular camper, an angler, a tailgater, a beach-goer, or you host or go to barbecues frequently; whatever the case may be, if you spend a lot of times outdoors, you know how important it is to have a good cooler.
A cooler acts like a portable fridge; it’s what keeps your beverages and food cool when you’re out and about. While there’s no doubt that a cooler is a vital part of your arsenal, there’s just one problem: toting it around can be a real challenge. Once it’s loaded up with ice, cans, bottles, salads, burgers, hot dogs, or whatever it is that you pack into it, a cooler can be extremely heavy and virtually impossible to move.
Fortunately, there’s a solution to this dilemma: a cooler with wheels. As the name suggests, a wheeled cooler is outfitted with wheels and a handle, which makes transporting it when it’s fully loaded a whole lot easier.
While a wheeled cooler is certainly a lot more convenient, there are so many different options to choose from. While choice is a good thing, it can also make trying to determine which one will best suit your needs seem like a daunting task.
Now that you’ve read through our top picks for the best coolers with wheels, you’re probably wondering which option will best suit your needs. As you can see, there are so many different styles and features available, which can make it hard to determine which one to choose.
In this section, we’re going to highlight some of the key factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for a cooler with wheels. By taking these factors into consideration, you’ll be able to figure out which cooler will work best for you.
First and foremost, you need to determine what size cooler you need. Coolers are available in an assortment of sizes, with smaller capacities that are perfect for a small afternoon picnic or a quick trip to the beach, and larger capacities that over enough space to hold enough food and beverages for several days.
It might seem like choosing a larger capacity cooler would be the best bet to err on the side of caution; however, you do have to keep storing the cooler in mind. Plus, larger capacity coolers usually cost more, so spending more money for something that you don’t really need.
When trying to determine which size cooler will work best for you, consider what you’ll be using it for. For instance, if you’re going to be camping for several days, you’ll likely need a larger capacity; 70 quarts or higher, but if you’re going to be using it for an afternoon out, a smaller capacity would be better option.
Soft or Hard Sided
Once you determine what size cooler you’ll need, consider whether a soft or hard sided design would be a better choice for you. If you’re short on storage space, a soft sided cooler might be a better option, as they can fold down and easily be tucked away; however, with a soft sided cooler, there’s a chance that the contents could become damaged, as they don’t offer much protection.
If storage space isn’t any issue or if you are going to be using the cooler in locations where there’s a chance that your food and beverages can be damaged – or if animals, such as bears – are a concern, a hard sided cooler would be a better choice for you.
Obviously, the wheels area one of the key features of a cooler with wheels. The type of wheels the cooler features will have a direct impact on its mobility. Generally speaking, never-flat wheels – that is, wheels that are made of hard plastic or another similar material, are solid and don’t feature air – is the best option.
That’s because never-flat wheels are puncture-resistant and, well, they never flat. If you’re going to be using the cooler on rugged terrains, such as on a beach, in the woods, or over wooded trails, larger wheels that features treads are your best bet, as you’ll have an easier time getting the cooler where it needs to go.
The handle of the cooler will also have a direct impact on its usability. If the handle is too short or it isn’t adjustable, for example, you may find that you’ll have a hard time towing it.
The best coolers with wheels features telescopic, adjustable handles, as the size can be adjusted as needed to suit your specific needs. They also feature comfort grips, which your hands will certainly be thankful for, especially if you’re going to be towing the cooler long distances.
In addition to the tow handle, you’ll also want to consider the additional side handles. While yes, you are going to be wheeling the cooler around most of the time, you will need to pick it up from time to time; for example, when you want to lift it to put it into and take it out of your car or to put it ono a take it down from a table. For those types activities, you’ll need side handles. Two-way adjustable side handles are ideal, as they are the easiest to operate.
Cooler with Wheels FAQs
How well do coolers work?
That depends on the type of cooler you choose. The type and thickness of the insulation will determine how long it can retain coldness. Polyurethane is the best insulation; however, it’s also the most expensive.
How can I avoid my food getting wet?
As ice melts in the cooler, the contents inside can get wet, which means that foodstuffs can get soggy. If you want to avoid having your food getting wet, instead of using ice, consider freezing bottles of water. They’ll keep your cooler cold and as they melt, you’ll have ice cold water to drink. It’s also a wise idea to package any food you don’t want to get wet in water-tight containers.
Do I need to wash out a cooler?
Yes, you should wash your cooler out after each use. Wipe it down with an antibacterial cleanser and flip it upside down so any water that’s trapped inside can drain out. Make sure the cooler is completely dry before you store it.
Well, there you have it; a collection of some of the highest quality, most durable, and most reliable coolers with wheels currently on the market. With the information presented in this guide, you should have on trouble finding the best cooler to suit your specific needs.