It’s beginning to get warmer outside which means that now is the time to stock up on the best camping cookware to fully enjoy your outdoor experience.
For the true camper who likes to brave nature in a tent and cook in the woods, finding good camping cookware can be difficult without totally roughing it and looking for things to cook in the woods. With so many options, it’s hard to choose the product with the best quality.
Whether you’re camping on a campsite, backpacking through the woods, or just taking a break on your morning hike, some things to consider are durability, portability, and size.
Taking into consideration the most popular items today, we listed the best camping cookware and their attributes, for your convenience.
NOTE: If you are looking for campsite pans, CLICK HERE.
Our Top 5 Best Campsite Pots
|MSR WindBurner Pot|
5 x 5 x 8 inches
|MSR Alpine Stowaway Pot|
7.2 x 7.1 x 3.7 inches
|Zebra Loop Handle Pot|
6 x 5 x 5 inches
|Solo Stove Pot 1800|
6.1 x 5.5 inches
|Evernew Titanium Pasta Pot|
4.7 x 4.4 inches
1. MSR WindBurner Pot – A Durable and Lightweight Pot that Heats Food Quickly
Including a built-in heat exchanger to minimize heat loss, this item is great for the camper who wants more specific heating controls.
Included in the purchase comes a clear, BPA-free lid with strainer capabilities, a pot cozy, and an extra bowl with a canister stand.
This pot comes in sizes of 1 liter and 1.8 liters and both sizes are compatible for the same burner. This pot is great to carry and is great to cook a meal for two.
2. MSR Alpine Stowaway Pot – A Sturdy and Versatile Pot and Great for Storage of Gear and Supplies
For the camper who wants a quick way to heat their food at the campsite, this item is perfect for you. It’s durable, made of stainless steel, and can hold items inside when placed in a backpack.
With a hinged handle to keep the lid in place, this item can handle high pressure and heavy-duty cooking at your campsite. This pot works well with portable heaters too.
The featured image is of the bigger size, but this brand of cooking pot also comes in 475 ml, 775 ml, 1.1 L, and 1.6 L so you can choose a pot for your purposes.
One thing to note with this pot, since it’s made of stainless steel, it can burn food quickly and it is heavier than most pots, but it is great for the chef at camp.
3. Zebra Loop Handle Pot – An Easy to Clean and Fast Cooking Pot
This pot is best for the person that needs a more durable piece for cooking larger meals. Though it is heavier, this pot is capable of cooking over a campfire, but is also capable of steaming away from direct heat.
Corrosion resistant and made of stainless steel, this pot comes in 12 cm, 14 cm, and 16 cm diameters. This pot is also nice because the lockable handle makes transportation easier.
Also, despite the weight it keeps food fresh, and will keep away those nocturnal animals that can smell the food overnight.
4. Solo Stove Pot 1800 – The Best Pot for a Large Camping Group
With a 61 ounce capacity and volume markings in both milliliters and ounces, this pot is good for the campsite chef who wants to cook in bulk. It comes with foldable handles that lock in place to keep items stored inside safe.
Made of stainless steel, this item is also resistant to wear and tear and will last a long time. It even comes with a pour spout to avoid any spills.
Included with the purchase comes a mesh, drawstring bag to make portability a snap.
5. Evernew Medium Titanium Pasta Pot – A Perfect Lightweight Pot for a Camping Trip for Two
Great for the cooker in a hurry, this lightweight, quick-heating pot is good for the outdoor chef on the go. It even comes with measurement lines for accuracy. Though lightweight, this pot is capable of holding 1 Liter of liquid.
Built with high-tech, Japanese design this pot was created with the lightweight backpacker in mind. Included in the purchase of this item from Amazon is a mesh sack to carry the pot in.
This pot includes a built-in strainer lid and is lined on the inside with heat-resistant silicon.
Evernew has multiple different sizes of titanium pots to allow the buyer the best selection that suits them.
Our Top 5 Best Campsite Pans
|Smokehouse Products Chief Flavor Pan|
6.75 x 1.5 inches
|Lodge Cast Iron Skillet|
18.5 x 14.5 x 4.8 inches
|Rachel Ray Nonstick Skillet|
24.4 x 14 x 3.4 inches
|MSR Quick Skillet|
13 x 10 x 1 inches
|Diablo Stove-Top Snack Maker|
4.5 x 4.2 x 14 inches
1. Smokehouse Products Chief Flavor Pan – A Smaller, Lightweight, and Quick Heating Pan
Designed to replace all sizes of chief flavor pan by Smokehouse, this pan is lightweight and durable for the outdoor camper.
Though a little bit bigger, you won’t even notice this pan in your backpack, perfect for hikes.This pan is durable against wear and tear and will heat up the food inside quickly.
Though this pan was designed to be the replacement for a previous set of three different sized pans, it is exceptionally small and will probably only cook a single-serving sized meal.
2. Lodge Cast Iron Skillet – A Durable and Non Stick Pan
Though this item is made of a heavier material, it is also more durable and is good for the camper looking for a strong, long-term pan. Since it’s made of cast-iron, this item is for the camper who likes slow-cooking their food.
This pan is naturally a nonstick pan with no oils or sprays necessary, meaning it’s also an easy-cleanup for the camper who wants to leave site quickly.
This pan comes in 8, 10.25, 12, 13.25, and 15 inches, all with insulated handles.
3. Rachel Ray Nonstick Skillet – A Perfect Combination of Durability and Style
This pan features a plastic- insulated handle, durable and hard-anodized material, and a nonstick surface. Perfect for the dishwasher, but also an easy outdoor cleanup, this item is perfect for the campsite camper.
With a 14-inch handle, this pan will also help minimize burns by keeping you further from the flame and increasing maneuverability.
One thing to note about this pan, however, is that it doesn’t have a flat bottom, preventing an even cook.
4. MSR Quick Skillet – A Lightweight and Easily Compactable Pan
Lightweight and easily compactable with a detachable handle, this pan was designed for the backpacker or mountain hiker. This item is said to be deep enough to boil potatoes in, almost eliminating the need for a pot.
It’s great for the outdoorsman who needs more pack space!
One downside to this, however, is that since it has such a thin material to keep it lightweight, the food won’t cook evenly.
Another thing to note about this pan is that, with the thin material, it also requires close supervision over open flames.
5. Diablo Stovetop Snack Maker – A Perfect Lightweight Pan for a Smaller Serving Size
A slight variation to the typical pan, this devilish pan opens to become like a toaster over a flame, included with two layers of extra strong, scratch-resistant, non-stick coating for the camper who is feeling feisty about their snacks.
It’s dishwasher safe and is good to use on virtually any stove, with a covered handle to prevent burns.
When cooking with this pan, it will typically only take two minutes of heating on both sides of bread to heat it all the way through.
Other Best Selling Options
- 4 interchangeable blades let you julienne, chop and slice vegetables with ease. Built-in chop lid lets you cut foods directly into the 1.2L collection tray without the mess of a knife and cutting board. Storage container lets you hold prepared vegetables in the Fullstar Vegetable Cutter until you are ready to begin cooking. This 7-piece set is destined to become the favorite among all your home kitchen tools.
- Rust resistant heavy-duty 420 stainless steel retains razor sharpness for crisp, smooth cutting and grating. Blades snap in and out with ease. Cut potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and more.
- Soft grip handle with rubberized tpu enhances leverage while the non-skid base ensures stability during use. Slice, dice, chop and cut fruits and vegetables safely and easily, in half the time.
- BPA Free. This compact chopper measures just 10.63”L x 4.72”H x 4.48”W. It can be fully disassembled for easy cleaning on the top shelf of your dishwasher.
- Read the manual carefully - Please read the instruction manual provided with the Fullstar food chopper closely before use. If you have any questions or issues regarding the chopper please do not hesitate to send the seller a message through Amazon and we will respond within 24 hours
- STRESS-FREE COOKING: Meet the Pro 5.8-Quart Air Fryer, the highly-efficient tool that brings healthier fried flavors to your countertop.
- PERFECT RESULT: An NTC sensor sends accurate information to the air fryer, which automatically adjusts temperatures to keep fluctuations under 5°F for evenly cooked meals.
- ONE-TOUCH COOKING: Choose from 13 convenient cooking functions with a single touch, each finely tuned by COSORI chefs to product the tastiest results. You can also choose your preferred temperature and time for your personal recipes.
- LARGE CAPACITY: The air fryer's spacious 5.8-quart square baskets can fit a whole 5-pound chicken. Additionally, the corner spaces provide more cooking capacity and flexibility than round designs. Cook the perfect amount of food for 3–5 people in one go.
- 100 INCLUDED RECIPES: Find inspiration for every meal with 100 original, COSORI-chef-created recipes that include size, cook time, and temperature. Even beginner chefs can cook with confidence.
- Quick and easy: This sandwich maker cooks your breakfast, lunch, or dinner sandwich in just minutes. Perfect for brunch or a quick, healthy meal on the go.
- Create custom sandwiches: Use this breakfast maker to completely customize your sandwich with your choice of bread, cheese, eggs, meats, and much more. Eliminate the bread and these are great for Keto and Paleo diets too.
- Get inspired: Explore more than 25 sandwich maker recipes on our website.
- Just 4 easy steps: Building your breakfast sandwich comes together in just a few steps with a breakfast maker—and you don't even need to leave your house.
- Easy cleanup: All removable parts on this sandwich maker are dishwasher safe and surfaces are covered with durable, nonstick coating.
Things to Look for When Buying Camping Cookware
When buying the best camping cookware, sometimes the specifics of an item can make the buying process more difficult. For a beginner, it can be hard to determine what the best choice is for you.
One of the most important things to consider when buying camping cookware is where it will be used.
With so many different designs of pots and pans, there are many different features that come with each one and this will determine whether or not this is the pot or pan for you.
In an effort to alleviate some of the stress of finding the cookware for you, we have put together a list of factors to consider for the best cookware for your outdoor activity.
One of the most important things to note when looking for camping cookware is what material it is made from. The kind of metal that cookware is made from can determine how hot and heavy it is.
Aluminum is one of the best heat conducting metals, however, this is not always a good thing. If you’re looking for something to simmer, slow-cook, or roast your food, then aluminum is not for you. However, it is lightweight and, therefore, great to take along on a hike.
One of the heavier metals that pans can be made of would be cast-iron. This type of cookware is most likely going to be more for the campsite because it is on the heavier side and also requires a lot of cleaning and seasoning to prevent rust.
It’s incredibly durable but difficult to carry. For the chef who likes a challenge, cast-iron is great.
Stainless steel’s greatest attribute is, of course, that it’s stainless. This comes in handy for the camper on the go who likes to spend more time cooking the food than cleaning it off the cookware.
This metal is also on the more lightweight and thin side so it’s great to pack for a hike but it’s a slow heat conductor so this one is easier to cook with for beginners. Lightweight, durable, and quick to heat, titanium is good for the camper who wants to make a quick and easy meal.
Though this material will be on the more expensive side, it is a great choice for the experienced campsite chef and easy to carry on-the-go.
Depending on how you plan to spend your outdoor time, the weight in your pack can make or break a day’s activities, especially if that activity is a hike. The weight on your back will can either leave you free to explore or have you out of breath in a matter of minutes.
Another thing that the weight can affect is what stove the cookware can be used on. Though it is a small factor, it is one to consider when putting anything in the backpack for your time out.
The compatibility between your heat source and your cookware is something that is commonly overlooked and quickly regretted. It is important to note that some of the camping utensils that found online are only compatible with a certain type of stovetop.
What’s beneficial about that, however, is that a lot of the camping cookware online comes with a stove. Be wary of what all is included in the purchase of each camping cookware item because it will not always come as it seems, especially if bought online.
The size of your cookware is very important for what you intend to use it with. For a hike, the lightweight, quick-heating, compactable cookware is ideal but for the campsite, it’s not as much of a big deal.
When buying your camping cookware, always be aware of how large it is in comparison to the size of your backpack. Again, though insignificant, this can make or break your activity outdoors for lack of pack space.
Our Final Review for Best Camping Cookware
The purchase of camping cookware can be a frustrating task, due to the many options out there.
So many variations of the same item seems like a lot, but each individual item has different attributes that can either make or break a camping trip.
When cooking outdoors, making small decisions about size, portability, and heat conduction are the hardest decisions aside from what to cook.
Be sure that you get the most from your camping trip with the right equipment.