It’s beginning to get warmer outside which means that now is the time to stock up on the best camping cookware to fully enjoy your outdoor experience.
For the true camper who likes to brave nature in a tent and cook in the woods, finding good camping cookware can be difficult without totally roughing it and looking for things to cook in the woods. With so many options, it’s hard to choose the product with the best quality.
Whether you’re camping on a campsite, backpacking through the woods, or just taking a break on your morning hike, some things to consider are durability, portability, and size.
Taking into consideration the most popular items today, we listed the best camping cookware and their attributes, for your convenience.
NOTE: If you are looking for campsite pans, CLICK HERE.
Our Top 5 Best Campsite Pots
|MSR WindBurner Pot|
5 x 5 x 8 inches
|MSR Alpine Stowaway Pot|
7.2 x 7.1 x 3.7 inches
|Zebra Loop Handle Pot|
6 x 5 x 5 inches
|Solo Stove Pot 1800|
6.1 x 5.5 inches
|Evernew Titanium Pasta Pot|
4.7 x 4.4 inches
1. MSR WindBurner Pot – A Durable and Lightweight Pot that Heats Food Quickly
Including a built-in heat exchanger to minimize heat loss, this item is great for the camper who wants more specific heating controls.
Included in the purchase comes a clear, BPA-free lid with strainer capabilities, a pot cozy, and an extra bowl with a canister stand.
This pot comes in sizes of 1 liter and 1.8 liters and both sizes are compatible for the same burner. This pot is great to carry and is great to cook a meal for two.
2. MSR Alpine Stowaway Pot – A Sturdy and Versatile Pot and Great for Storage of Gear and Supplies
For the camper who wants a quick way to heat their food at the campsite, this item is perfect for you. It’s durable, made of stainless steel, and can hold items inside when placed in a backpack.
With a hinged handle to keep the lid in place, this item can handle high pressure and heavy-duty cooking at your campsite. This pot works well with portable heaters too.
The featured image is of the bigger size, but this brand of cooking pot also comes in 475 ml, 775 ml, 1.1 L, and 1.6 L so you can choose a pot for your purposes.
One thing to note with this pot, since it’s made of stainless steel, it can burn food quickly and it is heavier than most pots, but it is great for the chef at camp.
3. Zebra Loop Handle Pot – An Easy to Clean and Fast Cooking Pot
This pot is best for the person that needs a more durable piece for cooking larger meals. Though it is heavier, this pot is capable of cooking over a campfire, but is also capable of steaming away from direct heat.
Corrosion resistant and made of stainless steel, this pot comes in 12 cm, 14 cm, and 16 cm diameters. This pot is also nice because the lockable handle makes transportation easier.
Also, despite the weight it keeps food fresh, and will keep away those nocturnal animals that can smell the food overnight.
4. Solo Stove Pot 1800 – The Best Pot for a Large Camping Group
With a 61 ounce capacity and volume markings in both milliliters and ounces, this pot is good for the campsite chef who wants to cook in bulk. It comes with foldable handles that lock in place to keep items stored inside safe.
Made of stainless steel, this item is also resistant to wear and tear and will last a long time. It even comes with a pour spout to avoid any spills.
Included with the purchase comes a mesh, drawstring bag to make portability a snap.
5. Evernew Medium Titanium Pasta Pot – A Perfect Lightweight Pot for a Camping Trip for Two
Great for the cooker in a hurry, this lightweight, quick-heating pot is good for the outdoor chef on the go. It even comes with measurement lines for accuracy. Though lightweight, this pot is capable of holding 1 Liter of liquid.
Built with high-tech, Japanese design this pot was created with the lightweight backpacker in mind. Included in the purchase of this item from Amazon is a mesh sack to carry the pot in.
This pot includes a built-in strainer lid and is lined on the inside with heat-resistant silicon.
Evernew has multiple different sizes of titanium pots to allow the buyer the best selection that suits them.
Our Top 5 Best Campsite Pans
|Smokehouse Products Chief Flavor Pan|
6.75 x 1.5 inches
|Lodge Cast Iron Skillet|
18.5 x 14.5 x 4.8 inches
|Rachel Ray Nonstick Skillet|
24.4 x 14 x 3.4 inches
|MSR Quick Skillet|
13 x 10 x 1 inches
|Diablo Stove-Top Snack Maker|
4.5 x 4.2 x 14 inches
1. Smokehouse Products Chief Flavor Pan – A Smaller, Lightweight, and Quick Heating Pan
Designed to replace all sizes of chief flavor pan by Smokehouse, this pan is lightweight and durable for the outdoor camper.
Though a little bit bigger, you won’t even notice this pan in your backpack, perfect for hikes.This pan is durable against wear and tear and will heat up the food inside quickly.
Though this pan was designed to be the replacement for a previous set of three different sized pans, it is exceptionally small and will probably only cook a single-serving sized meal.
2. Lodge Cast Iron Skillet – A Durable and Non Stick Pan
Though this item is made of a heavier material, it is also more durable and is good for the camper looking for a strong, long-term pan. Since it’s made of cast-iron, this item is for the camper who likes slow-cooking their food.
This pan is naturally a nonstick pan with no oils or sprays necessary, meaning it’s also an easy-cleanup for the camper who wants to leave site quickly.
This pan comes in 8, 10.25, 12, 13.25, and 15 inches, all with insulated handles.
3. Rachel Ray Nonstick Skillet – A Perfect Combination of Durability and Style
This pan features a plastic- insulated handle, durable and hard-anodized material, and a nonstick surface. Perfect for the dishwasher, but also an easy outdoor cleanup, this item is perfect for the campsite camper.
With a 14-inch handle, this pan will also help minimize burns by keeping you further from the flame and increasing maneuverability.
One thing to note about this pan, however, is that it doesn’t have a flat bottom, preventing an even cook.
4. MSR Quick Skillet – A Lightweight and Easily Compactable Pan
Lightweight and easily compactable with a detachable handle, this pan was designed for the backpacker or mountain hiker. This item is said to be deep enough to boil potatoes in, almost eliminating the need for a pot.
It’s great for the outdoorsman who needs more pack space!
One downside to this, however, is that since it has such a thin material to keep it lightweight, the food won’t cook evenly.
Another thing to note about this pan is that, with the thin material, it also requires close supervision over open flames.
5. Diablo Stovetop Snack Maker – A Perfect Lightweight Pan for a Smaller Serving Size
A slight variation to the typical pan, this devilish pan opens to become like a toaster over a flame, included with two layers of extra strong, scratch-resistant, non-stick coating for the camper who is feeling feisty about their snacks.
It’s dishwasher safe and is good to use on virtually any stove, with a covered handle to prevent burns.
When cooking with this pan, it will typically only take two minutes of heating on both sides of bread to heat it all the way through.
Other Best Selling Options
- Cooking Performance: The camping pot boils 400 ml water only in 2 minutes and 30 seconds; with its ease of use, it will be a great help whether you are going to make breakfast, lunch and dinner with friends, or hike in for romantic picnics, as well as overnight excursions
- Nonstick Pots & Pans: The camping cookware is made of safe and non-toxic aluminum with non-stick coating for easy cleaning; bowls and serving ladle are made of food-grade PP plastic
- Heat-Resistant Handles: Thermally insulated plastic handles keep your fingers safe from the heat; anti-slip design offers a firm and comfortable grip in your hands
- Compact & Portable: This camping cookware is space saving and compactable; a nylon mesh bag is provided to pack all the items neatly for easy carrying; designed to pack up small and take up little room, so that you barely feel the weight within the pack on your back
- Great for Outdoor Kitchen: The camping cookware comes equipped with all of your kitchen essentials, offering an ideal solution for boiling water and cooking food outdoors; this set is perfect for camping, backpacking, hiking, and more
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST! BEWARE OF CHEAP KNOCK OFFS! Highest Quality Non-Toxic Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookset conducts heat quickly and is survival gear that is built to last and is perfect size for 1 youth scout or adult hiker backpacker. EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: Entire 10 piece mess kit collapes into small bundle for easy control and storage
- ✅ BEST MONEY EVER SPENT: The MalloMe 10 Piece Camping Campfire Cookware Mess Kit includes Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pot + Pot Cover + Nonstick Pan + 2 BPA Free Bowls + Folding Stainless Steel Spork + BPA Free Soup Spoon + Wooden Spoon Spatula + Cleaning Sponge + Nylon Travel Bag Drawstring Pouch + Perfect Marshmallow Roasting and Smores Making Guide with 10 Recipes Ebook!
- ✅ WORRY FREE WILDERNESS: Finally enjoy the great outdoors without second guessing if you packed everything to cook and serve your next meal with the lightweight, compact, and mobile design of the MalloMe Camp Kitchen Set
- ✅ PERFECT GIFT for FAMILY and FRIENDS: #1 Outdoor Cooking Backpacking Gear & Camping Backpack and Hiking Picnic Set for anyone looking for a high quality, great value product for the camping world or bug out bag to enjoy at the cookout with the people you love
- ✅ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - The Full Camping Pot Cooking Gear Camping Equipment Bundle comes with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. MalloMe is dedicated to address any product/service issues and is committed to delivering a 5 star experience for all buyers
- ★★【Food-grade Material--Give You Healthy Life】The camping cookware mess kit is made of safe, non-toxic aluminum with non-stick coating for easy cleaning. Hard-anodized aluminum provides fast heating, high temperature resistant, corrosion-resistant, built to last. Heat-resistant handles to keep your fingers safe from the heat.Secure and anti-scald.Perfect for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnic, etc.
- ★★【Complete Family Cookware Sets】Our backpacking cooking set includes 2 pots with lids,1 frying pan, 1 kettle,4 BPA -free bowls,2 BPA Free plates,1 BPA Free foldable soup spoon, 1 rice ladle, and 1 cleaning sponge. Ideal for 2-4 person.You can enjoy delicious food with your lover anywhere.Best money ever spent.
- ★★【Lightweight Camping Cooking Gear】Collapsible bundle design let your compact camping mess kit nest together and save a lot of space in your backpack. Everything is very handy.Easy to carry.
- ★★【Easy to Clean】The non-stick camp cooking set is easy to clean and dry quickly as well.You can only wipe up the oil stain and dirt on the mountains, then wash after back home. The camping mess kit can make your outdoor eating easy, wonderful and comfortable.
- ★★【Ideal Gift for Camper Lovers】The cooking camping kit would also a great gift for anyone's bug out bag for disaster preparedness, firefighters, campers, travelers and explorers.We value our customers' experience, If you are not satisfied for any reason, please let us know and we always here to assist you.
Things to Look for When Buying Camping Cookware
When buying the best camping cookware, sometimes the specifics of an item can make the buying process more difficult. For a beginner, it can be hard to determine what the best choice is for you.
One of the most important things to consider when buying camping cookware is where it will be used.
With so many different designs of pots and pans, there are many different features that come with each one and this will determine whether or not this is the pot or pan for you.
In an effort to alleviate some of the stress of finding the cookware for you, we have put together a list of factors to consider for the best cookware for your outdoor activity.
One of the most important things to note when looking for camping cookware is what material it is made from. The kind of metal that cookware is made from can determine how hot and heavy it is.
Aluminum is one of the best heat conducting metals, however, this is not always a good thing. If you’re looking for something to simmer, slow-cook, or roast your food, then aluminum is not for you. However, it is lightweight and, therefore, great to take along on a hike.
One of the heavier metals that pans can be made of would be cast-iron. This type of cookware is most likely going to be more for the campsite because it is on the heavier side and also requires a lot of cleaning and seasoning to prevent rust.
It’s incredibly durable but difficult to carry. For the chef who likes a challenge, cast-iron is great.
Stainless steel’s greatest attribute is, of course, that it’s stainless. This comes in handy for the camper on the go who likes to spend more time cooking the food than cleaning it off the cookware.
This metal is also on the more lightweight and thin side so it’s great to pack for a hike but it’s a slow heat conductor so this one is easier to cook with for beginners. Lightweight, durable, and quick to heat, titanium is good for the camper who wants to make a quick and easy meal.
Though this material will be on the more expensive side, it is a great choice for the experienced campsite chef and easy to carry on-the-go.
Depending on how you plan to spend your outdoor time, the weight in your pack can make or break a day’s activities, especially if that activity is a hike. The weight on your back will can either leave you free to explore or have you out of breath in a matter of minutes.
Another thing that the weight can affect is what stove the cookware can be used on. Though it is a small factor, it is one to consider when putting anything in the backpack for your time out.
The compatibility between your heat source and your cookware is something that is commonly overlooked and quickly regretted. It is important to note that some of the camping utensils that found online are only compatible with a certain type of stovetop.
What’s beneficial about that, however, is that a lot of the camping cookware online comes with a stove. Be wary of what all is included in the purchase of each camping cookware item because it will not always come as it seems, especially if bought online.
The size of your cookware is very important for what you intend to use it with. For a hike, the lightweight, quick-heating, compactable cookware is ideal but for the campsite, it’s not as much of a big deal.
When buying your camping cookware, always be aware of how large it is in comparison to the size of your backpack. Again, though insignificant, this can make or break your activity outdoors for lack of pack space.
Our Final Review for Best Camping Cookware
The purchase of camping cookware can be a frustrating task, due to the many options out there.
So many variations of the same item seems like a lot, but each individual item has different attributes that can either make or break a camping trip.
When cooking outdoors, making small decisions about size, portability, and heat conduction are the hardest decisions aside from what to cook.
Be sure that you get the most from your camping trip with the right equipment.